“An enjoyable stay!”

Ranked #72 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Lagos, Nigeria
“An enjoyable stay!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I just returned from a 4-night stay in Barcelona, and I really enjoyed Room Mate Emma. I thought it definitely lived up to expectations (I picked it based on reviews here) and it provided real value for money - my room was clean, spacious and very comfortable. The breakfast was really good, as was the free wifi. The hotel staff were all extremely friendly, helpful and personable, always willing to answer any questions. I loved the cool, zen decor in my room at the entire hotel, and it was always a pleasure to return after a busy day touring.

I think the location of this hotel is excellent, actually perfect for me. I loved the fact that I could easily walk to many of the tourist sites I visited, thereby getting a real feel for the city. It's really close to a convenient metro station, and the area is cosmopolitan but calm.

All in all, this lovely hotel had a great, positive impact on my enjoyment of Barcelona. I would definitely stay there again, and would happily recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Maxxe80
PepeFuxa, Director General at Room Mate Emma, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

As the acommodation manager of Room Mate EMMA and on behalf of our entire team I would like to convey our sincere thanks for taking your time to explain to other tripadvisor readers your experience in our hotel during your stay in Barcelona.

I would also like to express how proud all the staff feels knowing that we have met your expectations. This really help us to know that our daily efforts in each of ours departments are reflected in customer satisfaction and help us to continue in improvements to offer all our guests the best experience in their stays with us.

If you ever decide to return to Barcelona do not hesitate to contact us again. It will be a pleasure to all of us to welcome you again in EMMA.

Georgina Albarran
Acommodation Manager of Room Mate EMMA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cape Town
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Great location in Eixample and close to metro. We stayed for 6 nights in September and found all the staff very helpful and friendly. Our room was quiet and comfortable and the breakfast ch
oice wide and excellent. Hope to stay again.

Willem & Susan (Cape Town)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Willem and Susan,

Thank you very much for the comment you have made about your experience at Room Mate EMMA and our special thanks for your words about our service and staff. The whole team is very happy that our daily functions have helped you to feel comfortable during your stay with us.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you decide to return to Barcelona.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2012

City centre hotels are rarely worth their money in my experience, this hotel is an exception and offers extremely good value. The room we had (penthouse with terrace) was very clean, had decent clothing storage, a first class shower and a very comfortable bed. If you like a morning coffee in the room then bring a kettle - as usual in mainland Europe there isn't one in the room.
The staff are also worthy of mention, nothing was too much trouble and they had a smile from the moment we arrived to when we left. The location is terrific and central to the overall sights of the City and the tourist bus if you need it. There are plenty of restaurants in the area as others have said. So that's it, if you want cleanliness, decent facilities, friendly people and a good breakfast at a fair price then don't spend any more time looking, this is your place.

Room Tip: The Penthouse rooms are worth the extra for the terrace.
Dear Cyril,

On behalf of the entire team of Room Mate Emma we would like to thank you for the nice words you have dedicated about your stay in our hotel and we specially appreciate the beautiful comment you have made about our staff.

There is no greater reward for us than to know that a client who has stayed with us has enjoyed his experience and that we with our work we have contributed to make it a little better.

Thank you so much for considerating us as the place to stay in Barcelona.

Whenever you plan to come back to Barcelona, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Knutsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have recently returned from a four night stay in Barcelona. We left booking a hotel fairly late and having looked at the reviews on Trip Adviser I chose Room Mate Emma. The room rate was very competitive so I was a little anxious as to what I might be getting. However it was everything it said in the review and more.

On arrival I was very impressed by the greeting from the staff, the reception area was bright, clean and welcoming with fresh jugs of flavoured water available. Our room, on the seventh floor, was great, very clean, modern and with many little touches often missing in some hotels; ie there was a plug right next to the vanity mirror so I could actually dry my hair properly (I don't like hotel hairdryers, so I didn't try the one in our room). There were plugs at the side of the beds so the phones can be recharged overnight if needs be etc.The room had a great flat screen tv although I can't say we really turned it on and there was free, unlimited wifi available. When you check in they give you a card automatically that has all the details you need.

If I was to make a small critisism it would be that there were no tea and coffee making facilities in the room. I must admit I did miss that on a couple of mornings when I had a "thick head" from the night before and a cup of coffee would have helped. I didn't want to get dressed and go downstairs to get a coffee.
There is a breakfast area, where I know tea and coffee was available along with breakfast, it certainly looked nice but we didn't try it as I prefer to sample the local cafe's etc.

Location wise you could not ask for better. It was one block from the metro which took you to the Sagrada Familia, although you could easily walk and two blocks from the Metro that had a direct link to the airport. The Ramblas and all other main attractions were less than ten mins pleasant walk or two stops on the metro.

The metro was easy to negotiate, we got a ticket with ten trips (T10) which was cheaper and offered you more flexibility. Although on a nice day the open air city bus is a great way to get around. There are two companies offering this; Touristic and City Tour; we chose city tour as their buses had a roof that could be pulled across if it rained whilst still giving the impression of an open air tour. (and it did look a bit threatening on one of the days we used the bus) I would suggest a two day ticket for 31 euros each rather than 24 euros for one day. You can hop on and off easily and these buses go to all of the major sites in the city.

Back to the Hotel; there are plenty of really good places to eat all within a block or so of the hotel, turn up the road almost opposite to the hotel and keep walking. Endless choices.

I would definately use this hotel again when I next go to Barcelona and I have already recommended it to a friend who is planning a trip next year.

Room Tip: Our room was on the seventh floor, facing the road, there was some road noise, mainly from drunks on...
1 Thank Fiona D
Dear Fiona,

Thank you very much for the nice comment you have made about your stay in Room Mate EMMA and specially for sharing it with other Tripadvisor users who will surely find those tips offered about your experience in the city very interesting.

We are very glad to know that we have met your expectations and it is very nice to us that you value as more positively those aspects which we give more importance as cleanning, location and the quality of the service provided. That give us strenght to continue improving day by day to offer a memorable stay to each of our clients.

It would be a huge pleasure to all Emma team to welcome you back in our hotel if you ever decide to return to Barcelona and please, do not hesitate to contact us again if your friend finally decides to visit the city. We would be really glad to help you with anything you may need.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

A wonderful 4 nights at Emma. The room was perfect and the cleanliness excellent. The room maid was first class. The staff in the breakfast room were also very helpful. We were able to book an extra room for One night for our daughters 21st and they made it very special at an excellent price. The hotel was well placed for the tourist attractions. I would recommend this hotel chain to you.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Linda J
PepeFuxa, Director General at Room Mate Emma, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Linda,

The whole Emma team is very grateful for the beautiful words you have dedicated us in your commentary.

We are very happy to know that you and your family had a nice stay with us but most of all we are pleased to know that with our work we helped you to organize such a special surprise to your daughter as a 21st birthday surprise has to be. We really hope she had an unforgettable experience, specially with the cake surprise during breakfast time.

We hope you keep us in good memory and it would be a great pleasure to all of us to welcome you back in our hotel if you ever decide to return to Barcelona.

Thank you so much.

Boston
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I had stayed in a Roommate hotel last year in Grenada, so I knew that it would be a nice place and a good value. But this new hotel exceeded these expectations. The modern rooms were very comfortable, with a fantastic shower, big screen tv, free wifi, etc. Breakfast is abundant, and well worth the 7 euros just for the espresso. The location right outside of Catalunya Square was perfect, with acessability to everything Barcelona has to offer, much of it within walking distance. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful with suggestions. Thanks especially to Esther and Oliver. When my friends and I decided to stay in Barcelona for an additional two days, Bofa Barrio went out of his way to accommodate us, despite a match going on between Madrid and Barcelona. I'm not sure how he did it but I'm grateful to him for his efforts.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
PepeFuxa, Director General at Room Mate Emma, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Daniel;

On behalf of the entire team of Room Mate EMMA, I want to convey our sincere thanks for taking your time and explain to all readers of Tripadvisor your expertise in Room Mate EMMA during your stay in Barcelona.

These assessments help us to know that our daily efforts in each of ours departments they are reflected in customer satisfaction and above all help us to continue in improvements to offer all our customers the best experience in their stays in Room Mate EMMA.

If you return back to Barcelona, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards.

Pepe Fuxà.
General Manager Room Mate EMMA&PAU.
Lancs
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Just got back from romantic break with my husband. Our first stay at a Room Mate hotel but wasn't disappointed. Booked penthouse suite with balcony which was very clean and spacious (especially for European hotel). Bath and shower with hair dryer but no iron in room. Lounge area had mini bar. Location great as we prefer to be away from main tourist areas. But still within walking distance of metro station, la Rambla and Sagrada Familia. Reception staff lovely and friendly. Provided us with lots of maps and advice including recommending good restaurants and tapas bars. Location also great for shopping, main Designers can be found along Passeig de Gracia. We didn't eat in the hotel but plenty of choice nearby. We purchased T10 ticket for metro €9.50 which we shared between us. Metro was easy to use with Diagonal nearest station; cable car up to Castellated de Montjuic is a must just for the views. Will definitely stay at a Room Mate hotel again and would recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KJBee72
PepeFuxa, Director General at Room Mate Emma, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear Madame,

Is a pleasure for the whole Emma team to know that you and your husband enjoyed your romantic break in our hotel.

If with our work and atenttion we have helped you to organize and enjoy this special occasion we are more than satisfied and eager to keep improving to continue helping our customers to enjoy a memorable stay with us.

Also thank you very much for recommend us to your friends.

If you ever return to Barcelona or any of your friends or relatives do, please do not hesitate to contact us again. It will be a pleasure to help you out.

Kind Regards,