“3 Bedroom Apartment great for families” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grandom Suites

Grandom Suites
Ranked #113 of 323 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Toronto
“3 Bedroom Apartment great for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

We spent 5 days in August pre-cruise and enjoyed the location and property. Espresso machine and snacks were nice and the full service kitchen was very convenient. close to a grocery store, Placa Catalunya and Las Rambles, make this an ideal home base.
Friendly staff , clean and safe location.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank cbtorontocanada
pcanes8, Director Comercial at Grandom Suites, responded to this review, October 2, 2011
Thank you for sharing your great comments about Grandom Suites.
We will be happy to have you here again soon.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Hebrew first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

Stayed here in august 2011 with my family of 5. Great place to stay, excellent location, great restaurants just outside of the suites.

Good value for money, excellent service and all the amenities worked as a charm.

Would definitely recommend staying here and would stay again next time in Barcelona.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank MauFdz
We are glad to hear that you spent a great time with us.
Hopefully, we will see you again soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

We wanted to spend a couple of days in Barcelona before heading out on a cruise and I was looking for options that would more economically accommodate our group of 5 adults. I found this terrific property through Trip Advisor. This is a hotel consisting of a number of fully furnished apartments. If you are looking for a traditional hotel with bar, restaurant, etc., this is not for you. If you are looking for larger accommodations for a group, then this is great! Our apartment had 3 bedrooms, 2 baths (one is a half-bath) and a small, fully equipped kitchen. It was very, very clean, nicely decorated and appropriately furnished. Two of the bedrooms had twin beds pushed together and the third one had a twin bed. A couple of the bedrooms are small, but you only sleep there, right? The living room/dining area is good-sized, and had a large dining table, sofa, chair, coffee table, and flat screen tv. There was a small balcony area, which we did not use. It was fully air conditioned. We opted to get the 10-12 euro "Welcome Package" of drinks and snacks, and that was a very good value. There are also free snacks, orange juice, coffee and tea available in the hotel's pantry at all times. Due to flight delays we arrived several hours after we planned to, so there was no one on duty at the entrance. But we just pushed the button to the side of the door (it is marked) and let the person who answered know we had arrived. Within about 5 minutes a lovely young woman arrived from the nearby Splendom hotel. She checked us in, showed us around the apartment, and gave us good advice about the city and sights nearby. The hotel is located in a nice area of town, reasonably safe at night, and within 5-10 minutes walking distance of the subway, Placa Catalunya and the top of La Ramblas. There are numerous restaurants and coffee shops very close to the hotel. During the day, the desk at the entrance is staffed. The person on duty when we were there was fun to talk to and very knowledgeable and helpful. He was able to get us taxis to the cruise ship on a day when the taxi system was being overwhelmed by 7 cruise ships! We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank JMP0711
pcanes8, Director Comercial at Grandom Suites, responded to this review, July 21, 2011
Thank you for sharing your comments. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us which keep us improving.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

Very clean and comfortable apartments with small kitchenette. Perfect with small children. Helpful staff. Good location. Short walk from the Centre of the town and ramblas. Free internet and a freeh 24 hour refreshment room. Would go to stay again in these apartments.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank V_Chhabra
pcanes8, Director Comercial at Grandom Suites, responded to this review, May 13, 2011
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We really appreciate your comments and hopefully we will see you again soon in Barcelona.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

Ripe-off on Hotel pick-ups:
Please DO NOT arrange car service with this hotel. Before the trip we heard a lot of stories about how dangerous to take a street taxi from airport to hotel so we arrange shuttle service with Grandom Suite. They told me it will be $60 Euro each way, $120 Euro both way. I specify in the email and asked if is a street yellow taxi and they told me no. On the day of arrival the driver pick us up from the airport and take us to his car and there was the yellow street taxi!!!! Why would I paid $60 Euro for a street taxi??? We later find out that it only costed $30 Euro by taxi from airport to hotel!!! After arrival at the suite we asked the manger about the car service, he just told me that he doesn't know and left me without any explanation. We totally got ripe-off and not happy with the way they handled this.

Horrible service:
One of employee Javier's attitude is unbelievable, when we had a misunderstanding of the room rates his attitude was horrible. He slammed the credit card machine and tell me to pay!!! Later he even charged it wrong and had credit back my money. It was very unprofessional. After the taxi and room rates disaster I thought the day will be better but NO. We found out our room's hair dyer was broken, we called from 5PM and ask for a replacement, Javier keep telling us to give him 10 minutes. After 2 hours, he finally showed up and tell us it's not possible to get a hair dyer. He told me he was very busy since a lot of people are checking in and there's no way he can get one for us. I flipped because first of all you don't ask for a hair dryer for 2 hours and I know you are busy with checking in people but it's really not my problem. I'm here in Barcelona for vacation not here waiting for a hair dryer. Second, when we waited for 2 hours you do NOT just show up and tell me it's not possible. After I got angry and demand him, he finally found one for us but it wasted half of the day and ruined my first day in Barcelona.

No hot water after the second wash:
After all the terrible things we stared to take shower and after the second person there's no hot water, we waited more then 2 hours to have not even hot just warm water again. After the forth person finish taken shower it was 2AM in the morning and we had to get up 9AM in the morning. We wasted so much time dealing with all the problems with Grandom Suite and it's not worth it. Once again we're here to vacation not wasting time on their unprofessionalism.

Very small 2nd Room:
The second room was very very small, the door cannot even open!!! I'm tiny already (5 feet tall) however I was almost overlap on top of my friend. Not for two adults, only for one adult and one kid or two kids.

No response with my email:
After the stay, I wrote an email to the manger with all the problems I had with their hotel, there's no response. Maybe I have to write a review in order for them to recognize their problems.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
8 Thank dotrangerl
pcanes8, Director Comercial at Grandom Suites, responded to this review, April 26, 2011
We are very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience during your stay with us in Barcelona.
Clearly we were not performing to our usual standards of service and for that we sincerely apologize.
We take all feedback seriously and sincerely regret all the inconveniences caused to you. As I explained in the e-mail sent to you last April 7, we are taking immediate action and furthermore, we have decided not working any more with this transfer company.
We welcome all constructive criticism as it help us to get better.
Seaside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

Great location, large rooms, full kitchen and the service is great. Beyond what we were expecting with wonderful amenities! I sprained my ankle the second to last day of our trip and the hotel staff was so kind. They brought ice, propped up my foot and really went out of their way.

Lots of cafes and restaurants near by. For sure try Hanoi right next door.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank JennyMac831
pcanes8, Director Comercial at Grandom Suites, responded to this review, April 7, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful remarks which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you are feeling better.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon !!!
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

We had a junior suite for 4 days and any criticisms I have would be knit-picky. I only saw one apartment, so I don't know if the others were as well furnished or as spacious, but ours was more space than we needed and accommodated just about every need we had for 4 days in the city.
Our junior suite featured 2 BR: one smaller, but completely private room with a double bed and shelves for clothes. The other BR had 2 twin beds, a closet (w/ safe) and the master bath (w/ shower, toilet, and bidet). The family room had a fold-out sofa, flat screen TV, and a nice dining table. The kitchen had full fridge & freezer, stove & oven, place settings for 4, washing machine, iron, ironing board, etc. No dryer, but there was a drying rack that could be used instead. There was a 1/2 bath near the front door. Out back was a patio/balcony that was pretty large. I'd guess our apartment had the biggest patio. The view was nothing special (backsides of all the buildings on our block), but it was a nice place to hang out, smoke, etc. On the patio was a large plastic table (to seat 4) and a very large umbrella, which covered about half of the patio. The patio was one of my favorite features of the apartment. Would be especially handy in the warmer months.
The service was great. Housekeeping came in everyday to clean. Even did the dishes. Towels and bedding are provided, as are complimentary shampoo, soap, etc.
As I'm sure you've read, this isn't a normal hotel. There was someone at the front door in the mornings (until siesta) and early evenings. Otherwise, you can summon someone from the parent hotel a couple of blocks away. The people we dealt with were very friendly and helpful, although they may not all be fluent in English.
The free snack room was awesome. I took advantage everyday. Free orange juice, espresso, pastries, and other snicker-snacks. Take advantage! It's open throughout the day, but is available (using the key card inside your apartment) after hours.

My complaints are few and minor:
1. While the neighborhood is safe and relatively quiet, there's nothing special about it. And the two closest Metro stops are a few blocks away (5 min walk).
2. They issue you a set of keys (1 for front door, 1 for apartment) instead of key cards. Not terribly inconvenient, but not everyone in your party will have a set of keys.
3. WiFi was spotty at best. Even on the lower floors.

As I said, these complaints are minor and would not stop me from staying here again or recommending Grandom Suites to others. I truly enjoyed this establishment, as did everyone in my party. If you're somewhat independent, or a seasoned traveler, Grandom Suites should be a great home base from which to explore this awesome city.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank na3k
pcanes8, Director Comercial at Grandom Suites, responded to this review, December 22, 2010
Thank you for your great remarks which I have shared with our staff. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.