“Great little hidden gem!”
Review of KHANA - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eixample
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

We came across this restaurant here on Trip Advisor having spent 4 days in Barcelona eating non-stop tapas! We decided to have a change and go for an Indian meal out instead and I am so glad to say we weren't disappointed!

Beautifully arranged restaurant with lovely low-lighting, great pop Indian inspired music which was a great change from the usual old whiny Indian music played in most places back home. We were greeted very warmly and welcomed in- we were the first table of the night but this did not put us off as the music and lighting made it very welcoming and we didnt feel as though every word we said could be heard and although the service was truly excellent, our hosts stayed far back enough to allow us to enjoy our meal without feeling 'watched' which was much appreciated!

The food portions were really generous and everything was served in lovely elegant table wear and kept hot above tea lights. The curries were absolutely gorgeous- I'd go as far to say that the Korma I has was the best one I have ever eaten anywhere! The pilau rice was so tasty and I loved the mushrooms in it too.

After 3 bottled beers, 2 curries, 2 pilau rice, poppadums it came to around €50 between the two of us- which we felt was great value.

It's a shame that it was so quiet as its such a good restaurant. If we ever visit Barcelona in the future- we will definitely return.

1  Thank Alishia G

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Lets just get to the main points.
Ambience - Great
Food- Great
Value for money - No, average meal for 1 person 30-35 Eur.
Location - Good.

2  Thank Manpreet S
Reviewed January 4, 2014

90% of restaurants in Barca specialise in Tapas. After 3 days we searched for some good ole British food, we found Khana ;)
The food was wonderful, we both agreed it was our best meal of the holiday.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Last night my partner and I took his parents who were over to visit us to Khana Hindú Cuisine. For a small, busy restaurant the service was excellent, very friendly and experienced. All 4 starters were spot on- the Sheema Kebab, Chicken Tikka and the Samosas were all flavoursome and not at all greasy. This also applied for the main courses, each dish was to die for. The flavours and heat from the dishes was just perfect. Even the rice was cooked to perfection, not one grain stuck to another! It's save to say that this restaurant has got to be the nicest Indian restaurant I have ever been too!!

Embarrassingly, it was that filling and too good to leave, my partner and I got a doggy bag and are eating the leftovers for breakfast now!

I definitely recommend this restaurant, and I will definitely be going back myself!

1  Thank Lydia B
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I popped into the restaurant on a Monday evening (alone) around 8.30pm without a reservation. Waiter seemed a bit "put out" by my asking if there was any bar seating available—even feigned having to check bookings to see if he could 'fit me in' despite plenty of free tables and only slowly filling. I couldn't help but wind him up a little by asking for a new tablecloth before my main was served. He even dared to ask "why? when it was quite clear it was dirty. I just enjoyed messing around with him—he so clearly thrived on it. Hehehehe. More importantly—just a shame the food was only okay. Kebab (my choice was not available) was bland. Madras was okay. Chicken seemed good quality. Nans a little a thin but passable.