“Good authentic Indian cuisine in a romantic setting”
Review of KHANA - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eixample
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This place was tucked in and easy to miss but looking thru the windows, you can tell the ambience is inviting. We came to dinner last night at this restaurant and we had a great experience.

We decided to get a lamb and shrimp dishes but couldn't decide which ones among the variety of selections so we asked our nice server to let us know the best dishes they have for lamb and shrimp. With the shrimp, we were told its the spiciest they have so we should probably consider 7 of 10 spicy level.

The food came out really quick and both the dishes are amazing. We were glad we chose 7 for spicy level as we were both sweating during the meal even with this choice. We did not order any appetizers as we were not that hungry and we figured the dishes would be sort of in a heavy side. We did order the flatbread as recommended by the staff.

The wait staff are very friendly. The ambience is romantic but there are mix clientele with couples and group. The restaurant was almost full by the time we left around 11:30 pm. The place is set up in a long corridor with only one row of tables so there is much privacy. They have 2 other big tables set up in a sort of enclosed room with curtains on the other side of the corridor.

Definitely worth coming here. The prices is medium average.

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Finding a proper dinner in Barcelona can be hard. Many restaurants claiming to be the best in town and the are nothing more than a cafe. Khana bucks the trend. Take the metro to urgell to find the best eating experiences hidden down side streets. Indian cuisine at it's best. We ordered a feast pakora keema samosa Masala passanda mushroom rice naan. If I had to be pushed for a complaint all I could perhaps say is the keema was slightly dry. Best meal we had on our whole holiday. Great ambiance. Great service.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Arrived late, but the staff were very friendly and invited me and my friend to stay and have a full meal. And I do not regret! First of all, the athmosphere was superb. A small, but very pretty restaurant. The lightning was soft, the furtniture is nice, and they have curtains for different tables if you want more privacy. There was also a room filled with tropical plants and a huge Hindu God statue made of stone.
Really friendly staff, and they are very passionate for their food and gladly advise you what kind of food they would choose. I recommend that you follow their advises, or ask them about the different meals.
Starter was tasty with 4 different salsas, and I ordered a salad in addition, which was really fresh and good without too much of the strange stuff. I ordered Lamb Tikka Masala for main course, and this was just perfect! Kept warm by a candle, this delicious meal filled my mouth with generations of Indian food traditions, and the meat was tender and perfectly prepared. The plates are very big, so that you can mix your salad, starter, salsas and main course as you please. I didn't order dessert, but we got some spices mixed with sweets to help the stomach digest the spicy food - very good!
All in all, I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone: Couples, friends or families. It was full of small surprices, accompanied by a friendly and dedicated staff.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Visited this restaurant last weak, and I have to say, it's an amazing place!!
First of all, the dim-light romantic atmosphere with beautiful curtains...woww!!! Best for a date ;) The service was excellent as well, the girl who attented us was an Indian and explained us everything we needed to select the food. The food was very tasty.

Overall, it completed our night in Barcelona. Recommendable!!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

The only negative thing to say about this restaurant is that it's hard to find...if you haven't already decided to go there. The entrance is pretty secret...but wow!! As soon as you open the door you are not feeling like a guest..you feel like a dear, dear friend coming back home. The service here is among the best I have ever experienced. In a warm and caring way. The atmosphere is simple and minimalistic, yet stylished and GOOD TASTE..like the food. If you like Indian food, this is your MECCA! We went there two times during our stay, and almost went there a third time but couldn't make it. We also tried another recommended Indian restuarant in barcelona, but it didn't even come close to this experience. Bon Apetite!! Can't wait to get back to Barcelona. Back home to KHANA. Å.S.Nilsen

1  Thank agestennilsen