“Was just like Indian get in tescos in uk”
Review of KHANA - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eixample
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Chicken tikka masala was literally the worse I have ever had!! I love Indian favourite food, but this was like chicken in tomatoe juice! Awful. Only have plain rice. Bombay alou taste like dust! And keema naan bread was cheap meat spread inside and costs a fortune in the place £60 for two people and had hardly anything! 100% me and girlfriend wouldn't go again very nice place but food tesco blue and white stripe quality I promise.

2  Thank Honestopion

Reviewed March 23, 2013

This Indian restaurant serves great tasting Indian food and is comparable to the good restaurants in London and B'ham. Service was great and when I asked for scotch whiskey they got a bottle to my table and almost poured in half a glass in. The food was great and the ambiance and decor is brilliant. Will surely recommend.

Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Have been to Barca twice and this place got visited both times. The service was very good and it is a posh looking place. The starters are very nice and plentiful, curry was really good and so was the naan. I have been to a lot of curry houses and this is one of the best I’ve tried outside of the Midlands. When I go back to Barca I will definitely be going back here.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Unfortunately was not happy with food quality - taste. Could not find a better value of money. Though staff was very nice and polite but food quality (taste) was not at all close to Indian food. Even paneer quality was bad.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Celebrating 34 years together is no mean feat and so we were pleasantly surprised to be seated at one of the more secluded tables. There was an Indian family enjoying their meal near us, which we took to be a good sign. However, onece the drinks were served, the order taken and the pappadums were served, we had to wait at least half an hour for our food to arrive at the table. We had ordered Shrimp Bhuna, Butter Chicken, Yellow Dal, some naan and rice. Where do I begin? I've had some tasty naan but not that night. I suppose there was garlic on it since that's what we ordered but the bread itself was rather tasteless. I had never eaten Shrimp Bhuna before, so I don't know what it's supposed to taste like, but again, the flavor did not stand out. Given a choice, I like my vegetables cooked 'al dente', but not dried legumes, which is how the dal was served. However, the greatest disappointment was the Butter Chicken, one of my all time favorite Indian dishes. I've always had it prepared with different parts of chicken on the bone, but at the Khana it came with perfectly cubed pieces of chicken breast in a tomato sauce which had no taste of butter whatsoever.

In spite of the s-l-o-w service, the waiting staff was correct and as we had booked the table through Atrapalo.com, they automatically discounted 10% from our bill. In conclusion, we will not return here nor will we recommend it to anyone, sorry.