“Nice Gellato, Overpriced”

Gelaaati Di Marco
Ranked #6 of 216 Dessert in Barcelona
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Barrio Gotico (Barri Gotic)
Description: Gelateria Italiana Artigianale production on site. Fresh Gelato every day, creams, fresh fruit, rice milk and vegan flavors. Cannoli siciliani, italian coffe, home made Crepes and gofers. Yogurt with fresh fruit, gelato cakes sweets.
Tel Aviv, Israel
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice Gellato, Overpriced”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

The gellato itself was fine (not better from grum or other fine players), but dishes were tiny and overpriced.

Visited October 2013
gelaaati, Propietario at Gelaaati Di Marco, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear consumer, first of all I would like to thank you for your visit.
I would like to remark that our gelato portions are way much bigger than many of our competitors, the small cup is 120 gr, of course Israely people are used to much bigger sizes in general. I know it very we'll because I built the Aldo's franchise gelato for 10 years in Tel-Aviv.
For the price, perhaps you find it expensive, this can be very easily explained because we use only the finest quality of raw materials and bring some of them directly from Italy like the pistacchio from Sicily or the nocciola IGP ( hazelnut ) from Piemonte, these are only some examples.
I cannot agree at all if you say that our product is like any other, you refer to Grom, that is a semi industrial product, perhaps you are used to this quality.
If I can give you an advice go and try Moore real gelato artigianale Italiano perhaps in Italy too and then hopefully you will be able to give a right judjment.
In any case we are sorry if you don't enjoy our product.

Many thanks
Di consiglio Marco (Aron)

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
“Must TRY!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

It is close to the aged ones in Rome. Really different flavors and cuttest staff ever met. They invite you to try different flavors before you choose

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank RenginKoOz
Melbourne, Australia
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We came across this as we 'explored' areas of Barcelona after being to the Picasso Museum. Helpful staff allowed taste before you buy and this made choice difficult. Hint: if you have the choice, test the product and the flavour and then you won't be disappointed/ can't blame anyone but yourself if you are unhappy with your purchase. The colourful and interesting display is enticing and we found the taste wonderful - with all we tried and purchased - probably 8 flavours in total and there were only 2 of us!

• Visited September 2013
Visalia, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow!!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Okay... so I actually came across Gelaaati on TripAdvisor about a week before going to Barcelona (which totally gave me enough time to stalk this place up and even street -view it on Google maps lol). Well anyway it just so happened that after my family and I had been wandering through El Barri Gotic and marveling at the amazing Catedral in the evening, we somehow found ourselves in Placa Sant Jaume (my fav place in the world) which I immediately recognized thanks again to the street view on Google maps! So in that moment i quickly darted towards the street I knew Gelaaati was on and to my surprise it was right there in front of me! Omg!!! THIS IS DEFINITELY THE BEST GELATO EVER!! have the one with orange and chocolate i cant remember the name! ;)

• Visited October 2013
Arnhem, The Netherlands
“Best Ice Cream ever!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

It's not cheap (€2,80 for a small icecream) but it's worth the money. They let you taste some flavour so you can make your choice.

Visited October 2013