“Overrated and touristy” 2 of 5 bubbles

Gelaaati Di Marco
Ranked #3 of 221 Dessert in Barcelona
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Wifi, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Barrio Gotico (Barri Gotic)
Description: Gelateria Italiana Artigianale production on site. Fresh Gelato every day, creams, fresh fruit, rice milk and vegan flavors. Cannoli siciliani, italian coffe, home made Crepes and gofers. Yogurt with fresh fruit, gelato cakes sweets.
London, United Kingdom
“Overrated and touristy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

I am a big gelato fan, and sought this place out as the reviews were so positive. To be honest, I'm not that impressed - not very tasty gelato, I'm afraid! I had a small tub of pistachio and stracciatella, and I actually threw it in the bin rather than finishing it!

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Lauren M
gelaaati, Proprietario at Gelaaati Di Marco, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Good morning, dear client, i am very sad to hear that you were not satisfied with our product.
The only thing that I can say is that we produce with the best high quality of raw materials, some of them arrive directly from Italy, like the case of pistacho from Sicily.
We make a special recepy for evrey taste and fresh every day.
Perhaps your taste is used to cheeper quality, what I can ensure you that in 20 years of dedicated and hard work none of our client threw away his gelato, apart of that we give to taste before if the client asks.

Thank you anyway.

• Turkish first
Rochester, New York, United States
“Really good Gelato”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Great gelato and so many choices! Really creamy AND they give you unlimited samples which is important when you have so many to choose from!! We went back two more times before we left!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Herzeliya
“Excellent Ice-Cream - Gluten Free Gelaaati”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

The best I had in a long while...
We took the recommendations on tripadvisor and it was worth it – located in a center location on the “Gothic quarter” and took us back to the wonderful tastes and flavors of Italy’s Gelaaati.
The staff are so sweet and let us taste before we decided – which in cases of “Avocado flavor” it is required to verify  (although it was great too)
We took 4 -5 different flavors among us and it was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G – even in a rainy (and chilly) day ;-)

Beirut, Lebanon
“Yummyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

I read about this place on Tripadvisor and had to go there When in Barcelona since I am a Big Fan of Italian Gelato . It has the Yumiest Gelato Ever ! I can still Taste it in my Mouth Now :) Don't Miss Going there ...

Birmingham
“Best ice cream in Barcelona!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Went here as saw the reviews on TA and the long (but quick) queue inside. Good selection of different flavours, competitive prices (medium is €3.80) and great service.

The most important thing though is the ice cream and that was amazing - I tried hazelnut, pistachio and biscotto - all 3 flavours were superb.

This was easily the best ice cream I have had in Barcelona, and certainly on a par with some of the famous gelateria in Rome.