“The highlight of my trip!!”

Hi. This is Barcelona...
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded in 2006 and offering a select array of customized private tours, "Hi. This is Barcelona..." introduces travelers to the REAL Barcelona in an atypical way. Our guides are chosen not only for their knowledge and experience, but also for their magnetic personalities and passion for what they do. Hi. This is Barcelona remains a small company, run by friends, and dedicated to offering a unique product and highly personalized customer service. We care about each client, and you'll sense that! Our enthusiastic team designs tailor-made tours and experiences in and around Barcelona, and in Sevilla, Madrid, Granada, San Sebastian....
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed February 28, 2011

From my first communication with Sam at “Hi This Is Barcelona” I knew I had made the right choice in selecting them to help me with my Barcelona needs. Sam was incredibly helpful offered thoughtful suggestions for tours that we might like and was ever so accommodating of my directional inabilities.

As I had already been to Barcelona before, and seen everything Gaudi, I was looking for something different and outside of the usual box for this trip. I decided to take the “Undiscovered Corners of the Barrio Gotico” tour and I was so happy I did. Our guide, Jose, was incredible and his passion for his city and culture was incredibly infectious; so much so that by the end of the tour I wanted to move to Barcelona and become an honorary Catalan! The Gothic Quarter itself was so beautiful and Jose made all the sites come to life for us. As it was Saturday morning he also took the time to explain the various dance, music, and art performances that were happening in the Quarter and was incredibly patient with my endless questions. Jose was an absolute delight, incredibly knowledgeable, and I highly recommend a tour with him.

“Hi This Is Barcelona” also helped us with a trip to the Salvador Dali museum in Figueres. Our guide, Angel, was top notch and was able to give us a comprehensive, as well as a detailed, overview of the museum & Dali’s life. Angel was not feeling 100% that day but you would never know it from his professionalism and enthusiasm for Dali and Figueres. (He was a real trooper!) He was also very accommodating with the time schedule and basically gave us the freedom to design the day our way. (Something which I truly appreciated!!)

Overall I couldn’t be happier with the services that “Hi This Is Barcelona” provided for us and I would have no hesitation in recommending them. They will certainly be the first people I contact for my next trip to Barcelona!

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,017)
All reviews
"four hours"
in 11 reviews
"old city"
in 30 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 12 reviews
"food and wine"
in 11 reviews
"highlight of our trip"
in 14 reviews
"picasso museum"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed February 12, 2011

This was our second trip to Barcelona and while we hit some of the major sights the first time around, e.g. La Sagrada Familia cathedral, we were interested in a more personalized, in depth exploration of some areas. Christina led us on a walking tour of the Barrio Gotico and some of the Jewish Quarter. She was enthusiastic and informative. Her fluency in several languages was impressive and we got to go to her favorite place for hot chocolate and churros, a tea shop and enjoyed a lovely lunch of tapas at a restaurant that we would have never found on our own. The company prides itself on creating a personalized tour for you. It was highly recommended to us by friends who had used their service and we totally agree. It is on the expensive side, but is worth its value.

Reviewed February 5, 2011

We took the Gothic quarter tour with Joan on a cold Saturday afternoon in January, after a long flight from the States. His expert knowledge of Barcelona's history, architecture and art was only exceeded by his enthusiasm. We got the chance to see a wonderful city through the eyes of someone who genuinely loves it: priceless! And we really enjoyed the tapas break at the end! If you want an authentic local experience customized to your personal interests, you cannot choose a better tour company. If you want the usual, grab a HoHo bus.

Reviewed January 28, 2011

My friend and I just returned from a long weekend trip to Barcelona. It was our first time there and we wanted to squeeze as much in as possible. I arranged 3 tours with Jordan and Sam. They knew our itinerary and schedule, and that it was our first time there. They made sure that the guides showed us different areas and different aspects of the city and that there were no overlap. We had Jose, Angel and Cristina as our guides. They are knowledgeable about the city and its history, and are very personable. As many other posters mentioned before, it was like touring the city with a good friend. We highly recommend HTIB to anyone visiting the city.