“A great start to our break”

Hi. This is Barcelona...
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded in 2006 and offering a select array of customized private tours, "Hi. This is Barcelona..." introduces travelers to the REAL Barcelona in an atypical way. Our guides are chosen not only for their knowledge and experience, but also for their magnetic personalities and passion for what they do. Hi. This is Barcelona remains a small company, run by friends, and dedicated to offering a unique product and highly personalized customer service. We care about each client, and you'll sense that! Our enthusiastic team designs tailor-made tours and experiences in and around Barcelona, and in Sevilla, Madrid, Granada, San Sebastian....
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed December 6, 2010

So glad I booked this tour. It was a great way to see a Barcelona we would have missed. Joan was fantastic, very knowledgable and passionate about his city. He gave us pointers that enabled the rest of our stay to be really enjoyable, I felt well looked after from the moment I made my first enquiry. I would recommend this company to anyone.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,017)
All reviews
"four hours"
in 11 reviews
"old city"
in 30 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 12 reviews
"food and wine"
in 11 reviews
"highlight of our trip"
in 14 reviews
"picasso museum"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed December 6, 2010

Jordan gave us a half day kickoff to Barcelona that provided us not only with loads of history (ancient to current) but gave us a foundation for the remaining short couple of days. He was energetic, amiable and extremely knowledgable. The morning was well planned and flew by. The walking tour really gave us a feel for the city.

We would say that if you want to see Barcelona, "Hi This is Barcelona" is the way to go.

Reviewed December 4, 2010

I must say that our half-day walking tour in Barrio Gotico with our guide Angel was one of the highlights of our short visit in Barcelona in November 2010. He was cordial, pleasant and very knowledgeable on sites of interest and their history. The experience definitely met with our expectations, and Angel even exceeded them, by offering us his list of suggestions for other sites and activities that he had prepared for us for the rest of our visit; this was a nice surprise, and we did make use of it. We also appreciated the excellent communication from Jordan and Sam in preparation for our visit. We highly recommend this service.
P. Legault
Ottawa, Canada

Reviewed November 28, 2010

We did a 1/2 day walking tour of the Gothic Quarter of Barcelona with Angel. He took us to places that those that had visited the city many times had never been to and for those of us newbies shared a slice of Barcelona that made us all want to come back. It was topped off with a Tapas lunch in a local's spot that delighted us all. Well done and we will return to your beautiful city!

See more reviews
Reviewed November 25, 2010

We just returned from an absolutely fabulous time in Spain and really could not thank "Hi This is Barcelona" enough. After reading Jordan's philosphy on walking tours of barcelona, I was sold. He helped us to plan the perfect, quick getaway to Spain. His specialty is Barcelona but he found and set us up with an amazing guide in Madrid as well. Each and every guide we used through Jordan's company was truly great. A few of our thoughts about our guides:

Cristinia, in Madrid, really helped us to appreciate art (probably for the first time)... we are so glad that Jordan convinced us to go to the Prado. Cristina really explained a lot of history to us along with the sights the first day we met for our walking tour. Then pulled it all together while pointing out the masterpieces at the Prado. Our time with her was truly educational, memorable, and fun. She is amazing at including so much information in the short amount of time we had with her. A perfect blend of being thorough, but quick with covering alot of ground due to the short amount of time we had.

In Barcelona, Angel was wonderful as well. He also had vast knowledge of the history of barcelona and the architecture etc. Both guides really helped us to understand how history affected the respective cities so much. We spent the entire day with Angel and the time went by so fast. I believe he even stayed a little later to help us finish up seeing the rooftop of one of Gaudi's houses. We only wish we could have spent more time with Angel. We did not get a guided tour of the picasso museum, but Angel did give us a fabulous introduction/overview before we went. It helped but, I am sure we would have gotten more out of it if we had either Angel or Crisitna give us the tour... next time.

Cristina, in Barcelona, was also great. She is probably one of the most gracious people we have ever met. She really helped make things more personal by reading my emails and remember some of the points about our family. She gave us a great tour of the gothic area and her dining recommendations, including Montiel and Quinnes were awesome. We did have a fabulous meal at Montiel.... great tasting menu. She also seemed to just care about us as people, even though, I know she meets many people every day. We truly felt we could identify with each and every guide and could not have picked them better ourselves. Jordan even followed up on a specialty soap company, providing me their contact information after we returned. We had lost the map that had specialty shops Cristina pointed out. Then we spent many hours after looking for places, like the soap store, and getting lost in the gothic area.

I knew when I read "Hi This Is Barcelona's" company philosophy that this was the perfect guide/company for us. And, after coming home, I now know I was right. We would not hesitate to use their services again, or referring all of our friends and family.