“An incredible once in a lifetime experience”

Hi. This is Barcelona...
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded in 2006 and offering a select array of customized private tours, "Hi. This is Barcelona..." introduces travelers to the REAL Barcelona in an atypical way. Our guides are chosen not only for their knowledge and experience, but also for their magnetic personalities and passion for what they do. Hi. This is Barcelona remains a small company, run by friends, and dedicated to offering a unique product and highly personalized customer service. We care about each client, and you'll sense that! Our enthusiastic team designs tailor-made tours and experiences in and around Barcelona, and in Sevilla, Madrid, Granada, San Sebastian....
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed April 28, 2011

Barcelona is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been and everyone should get a chance to see it. However, they should see it the way my family and I got to see it and that is a personal tour through Hi, This is Barcelona. Without Jose and Theresa we never would have gotten to see Barcelona the way we did. Our first night their Jose took us on a Tapas tour. We went to 3 separate restaurants and ate the most fantastic food you could ever imagine. Jose was fun, interesting, and best of all hilarious! After about two minutes I forgot he was a tour guide and thought of him as a friend. Not to mention his amazing taste in food! There is no way my family and I could have had that experience without him. The next day I wont lie we were a little sad that we would be having a new tour guide because we got so attached to Jose. However, that feel quickly went away as soon as we met Theresa. She was friendly, passionate, and so much fun to be around. Theresa had a slightly harder job because she had to keep a 21 and 17 year old interested in history. Haha. Well Theresa did all of that and more. We went to see some of my most extraordinary places. And the history and stories behind them were truly unbelievable. A place that really touched us was Sagrada Familia. The detail alone can impress someone. However, there is no way we could have known the history and stories behind all of that detail without Theresa. When it was time to say goodbye it was like saying goodbye to a best friend. I promise you my mom and I almost cried. There is truly no other way to see Barcelona. Believe me this is coming from a person who used to cringe at the word "tour" but that is not the case anymore. I want to thank everyone at Hi, This is Barcelona for this amazing experience and I also want to thank my parents for always knowing what is best.

1  Thank Vlgrossman
Write a ReviewReviews (1,017)
All reviews
"four hours"
in 11 reviews
"old city"
in 30 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 12 reviews
"food and wine"
in 11 reviews
"highlight of our trip"
in 14 reviews
"picasso museum"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed April 27, 2011

Aside from myself, the rest of my family (husband, daughter 21 and son 17) are what I would call non-travelers. Therefore, as our first big trip to Spain approached, I found myself nervous instead of excited. I didn't want to subject them to a boring tour and I didn't want to walk around in a daze with a map. When a friend suggested a private tour, I decided it might be worth the price. I then sent out an email to 3 different highly recommended companies explaining the situation. The minute I read Sam's response from HTIB, I knew everything was going to all right. Sam was 100% responsive to our particular needs and what we wanted to take back from our experience.

As a result, we ended up booking two tours. The first was an evening Tapas Tour with Jose. He arrived at our hotel promptly at 8pm and then off we went to the Gothic Quarter. As we walked, he started to tell us all about Catalan culture and history and how it differs from Spain. He was extremely knowledgeable and eloquent. But he was also funny and warm. Shockingly, my kids were the ones walking beside him and chatting up a storm.

Jose took us to 3 unique restaurants in three different areas. I cannot say enough about the food, atmosphere and overall experience. It was a wonderful evening for all of us and we actually felt like we were out with a friend.

The next morning, Teresa came to get us for a full day tour of the City. Sam had already made some suggestions based on what we were most interested in. Jose was so perfect that I was a bit worried that Teresa wouldn't measure up, but she was fantastic. She also seemed to have an inner way of knowing how to keep all four of us enthralled. We re-visited the Gothic Quarter by day and then took the Metro to the Sagrada Familia, which took my breath away. Teresa's insight was the added touch that brought the building to life. We then went to the Passeig de Gracia to see more examples of Gaudi's work. In between we had a wonderful Tapas lunch. When it was time to say good-bye to Teresa, I actually felt a bit teary.

In addition, Sam and Jordan were on call for anything else we needed during our stay. They mapped out the rest of our trip for us and even made us dinner reservations for a special occasion we were celebrating. We highly recommend this wonderful tour company. As Teresa put it, we came to Barcelona as travelers NOT as tourists.

Reviewed April 20, 2011

"Hi, this is Barcelona" was perfect for our needs. Christina was our guide for both a half day with private car and a full day walking tour. We loved every minute. She was very professional and was totally familiar with Barcelona and it's rich history. We were most interested in learning about Gaudi as well as learning about the Passeig de Gracia. We toured the Gothic Quarter; the amazing La Sagrada Familia and Parc Guell. I was also interested in doing a bit of shopping, which Christina was happy to help out with. She also introduced us to a wonderful Tapas lunch in a quaint restaurant.

Reviewed April 20, 2011

My husband and I met up with Christina at our hotel and we proceeded to have a wonderful experience seeing the sights and sounds of Barcelona. We went to places frequented by tourists but also feel we were introduced to places many don't get to see. Christina put little personal touches on the tour as well. Hi. This is Barcelona is HIGHLY recommended!!!! Wish we had had more time to enjoy a longer tour but we definitely will use them next time we go.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 15, 2011

I booked a tour for 11 through Sam at Hi, This is Barcelona, based on the reviews on this site and was not disappointed. There ended up being 12 of us, and Cristina took us through the Sagrada Familia first. Her insight into the architecture, history, Gaudi's life, the obvious and hidden meanings in the sculptures and art that adorns the basilica gave us such wonderful insight into Gaudi, Barcelona, Catalan culture and the unbelievable structure itself. A tour through Parc Guell, a walk by La Pedrera and Casa Batllo as well as tapas with Cristina made this part of our trip a real highlight. All 12 of us (ages 12 through 82) commented on how it was money well spent. Cristina was well aware of the differences in interests and activity levels due to the discrepancy in ages and included everyone. She also walked some of us to the Picasso museum afterward (she had another tour scheduled later that day) and gave us a brief tour along the way. I would highly recommend this tour group as Cristina to anyone planning a trip to Barcelona.

1  Thank AliYooper