“Like having a friend show you the city”

Hi. This is Barcelona...
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded in 2006 and offering a select array of customized private tours, "Hi. This is Barcelona..." introduces travelers to the REAL Barcelona in an atypical way. Our guides are chosen not only for their knowledge and experience, but also for their magnetic personalities and passion for what they do. Hi. This is Barcelona remains a small company, run by friends, and dedicated to offering a unique product and highly personalized customer service. We care about each client, and you'll sense that! Our enthusiastic team designs tailor-made tours and experiences in and around Barcelona, and in Sevilla, Madrid, Granada, San Sebastian....
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed March 27, 2011

When going to Barcelona for the first time we wished to get an introduction to the city that couldn't be found in the guidebooks and when looking on TripAdvisor we found Hi! This is Barcelona! which suited our needs perfectly. When making the reservation we got a long letter from Sam giving different options and asking more exactly what we were interested in. It was clear that this was a personal and very flexible option for getting a personalised tour as we are not really the very "touristy" type. We opted for the gothic quarters including the jewish quearter and the the Born area if we had time. An additional plus is that Sam offered to be of assistance with anything else we needed such as help us make reservations at restaurants, planning the rest of our trip, give us advice and answer questions and we were given their phonenumbers if we needed to get in touch.

Our guide Teresa picked us up at the hotel. She was wonderful, we had a great time and lots of fun. Upon meeting we said we were flexible which must have been the key word as she then took us through El Raval, Gothic Quarter, Jewish Quarter, El Born and lastly to the Barceloneta. It was very interesting and we covered a lot of ground in those 3,5 hours and finished off with a nice lunch. She showed us lots of local and somewhat hidden spots such as small churches, the little synagogue, local coffe and chocolate/churros shops and took us through small streets with interesting shops and sights that we visited later again. All the time telling us both personal local information aswell as the basic landmarks. After the tour we drew a map of where we had walked and she helped us plan the rest of the week. The personal feel of the tour, like being out walking with a friend, and getting lots of "untouristy" information was great and made it so much more alive!

2  Thank emak0
Write a ReviewReviews (1,017)
All reviews
"four hours"
in 11 reviews
"old city"
in 30 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 12 reviews
"food and wine"
in 11 reviews
"highlight of our trip"
in 14 reviews
"picasso museum"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed March 26, 2011

Our personal tour guide took us through the old parts of Barcelona, off the beaten path, to areas we never would have found on our own armed only with a guide book. She was lovely and friendly and had tons to say about everywhere she took us. At the end of the tour, she also gave us great recommendations for other things to do throughout the week, and good recommendations for restaurants. I wish the company would set up other such "local-lead" tours in other European cities: I know I would use them wherever I went.

1  Thank graciek14
Reviewed March 15, 2011

Pam and I had a wonderful time on our shopping tour. We were able to see stores, scenery, old buildings and churches that we would not have seen if we were alone. I was able to purchase very unique items that I really love. I purchased a sweater-jacket, an alpaca coat, a hat, custom made shoes, and jewelry. I would definitely hire Malleka again.

Pat

Reviewed March 8, 2011

I just wanted to let you and the team at "Hi. This is Barcelona" know that my son & I were extremely happy with our tour and our guide, Angel, last week. It was a fabulous day and Angel was extremely accommodating and informative. We especially enjoyed the restaurants and food selections Angel recommended during our day together. We appreciated the tailor made walking tour highlighting my son's particular interests. We both felt that walking through the city, section by section, gave us the confidence needed to find our own way around the city, for the other days that followed. Thanks again for a wonderful day in Barcelona.

See more reviews
Reviewed February 28, 2011

From my first communication with Sam at “Hi This Is Barcelona” I knew I had made the right choice in selecting them to help me with my Barcelona needs. Sam was incredibly helpful offered thoughtful suggestions for tours that we might like and was ever so accommodating of my directional inabilities.

As I had already been to Barcelona before, and seen everything Gaudi, I was looking for something different and outside of the usual box for this trip. I decided to take the “Undiscovered Corners of the Barrio Gotico” tour and I was so happy I did. Our guide, Jose, was incredible and his passion for his city and culture was incredibly infectious; so much so that by the end of the tour I wanted to move to Barcelona and become an honorary Catalan! The Gothic Quarter itself was so beautiful and Jose made all the sites come to life for us. As it was Saturday morning he also took the time to explain the various dance, music, and art performances that were happening in the Quarter and was incredibly patient with my endless questions. Jose was an absolute delight, incredibly knowledgeable, and I highly recommend a tour with him.

“Hi This Is Barcelona” also helped us with a trip to the Salvador Dali museum in Figueres. Our guide, Angel, was top notch and was able to give us a comprehensive, as well as a detailed, overview of the museum & Dali’s life. Angel was not feeling 100% that day but you would never know it from his professionalism and enthusiasm for Dali and Figueres. (He was a real trooper!) He was also very accommodating with the time schedule and basically gave us the freedom to design the day our way. (Something which I truly appreciated!!)

Overall I couldn’t be happier with the services that “Hi This Is Barcelona” provided for us and I would have no hesitation in recommending them. They will certainly be the first people I contact for my next trip to Barcelona!

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.