“A gem.”

Hostemplo Sagrada Familia
Ranked #314 of 519 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My wife and i stayed at the Hostemplo. We stay in barcelona a lot and it was the first time we stayed in the Sagrada Familia area. The hotel is clean, tidy, modern and well posistioned. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TrevorMalgrat

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I was came back from spending three days in Barcelona and we stayed in this little hostal near the Sagrada Familia. I had a business meeting near here, which is why I chose this place and I didnt go wrong!

When I looked at the photos I actually thought it was a hotel, then when I got there I realized it is not, it´s a hostal, but the truth is that this place is every bit as good a three stars hotel, which is why I gave it 5 stars rating. It was only 50€ a night which is great for it´s location and quality.
Downstairs, it has a free continental breakfast coffee, orange juice and some muffins.
The room was in the smallish side, but really clean and likeable. The bathroon was also very clean and had a soap dispenser (not other toiletries). I did not like, however, the pillows, they were really flat and didnt offer much support.

The location is just in the center point of three metro stations, averaging 5-7 minutes by walk, and the metro lines get you to the town center in barely 10 minutes.

The hostal sfaff was very helpful, though I found them bit cold (maybe because I´m from the south and they´re not).

Overall, I have to say that I was gladly impressed by the place, and I truly would consider it for my next visit to Barcelona.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Michigato
Reviewed November 20, 2013

First vacation in many years and didnt know "what to expect". We went on our "Gut-feelings" and followed the recommendations on this site from other guests. They have covered mot of the descriptions, so I wont Copy. But I will say that when me and my wife (we are 60 years old) we will SURELY stay here again. Its tops on location, service and price !
I am happy to say we were not disapointed. Most guests gave a good description.
Only one disapointment that there was no fridge/mini bar. We kept the ´Whole Milk´ (in glasbottles 1.50 Euro - 1,5 Liters) cold in the water (washbasin) and there was many Supermarkets around to find god offers on food. Also small shops with meat, bread and fruit, Dairyproducts of high quality. We made sandwiches to last us the whole day and saved a lot of money. Good cheap wine and GOOD Beer - both dark and light.
We bought plastic plates and utensils and with the Waterheater in the room, had Coffe, Thé and Boullion/broth to our food.
Most travel books had tips on "great restaurants" but most where quite expensive for us (20 - 50 Euro) We found smaller places around with god offers (but not close to La Rambla or La Familia = Tourist traps) for 5-15 Euro/person.
For US, it was a lifetime experience to visit Barcelona. We spent 9 (!) days walking about.
A 10 Yourney card on the Metro was cheap. Also a "day-card" is great to travel around by, but the best bet is to rent a Scooter or Bicycles (low price. Watch the insurance though). They drive fast but courteous = great.
We spent 150 Euro just in admission fees. But it was REALLY WORTH IT. Specially if you like architecture. Most of the city is like a museum ! We spent 5 hours in La Familia ! The MOST beutiful "church" I have seen in my life. ( Not filled with "Blin-Bling" like så many Catholic places in France and Italy) The Architecture used the different light and fantasy to the utmost !
Summing it up, remembering that there is many millions of people in this city, we never met any problems !!! The people were friendly and despite the languages problem, we enyoyed our stay in this GREAT CITY. We recommend HOSTEMPLO to 95 % ! Fix a small fridge and it will be 100% ! PS/ DO bring earplugs if your are a light sleeper. The beds are a good compromise. My wife found them perfect. I, a bit hard, but I got a small bedmattres put on top, when I asked.
There is a great data-guide over the city in the lobby. The Aircondition was great (and quiet) and worked perfectly. DO write here here, YOUR thaughts on how it was. To help all others that dont know :)
We, found it a little like a "Home away from home".

Room Tip: They look all good (when I looked in to them) (Hostemplo). There is an elevator, small but efficient...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank AllanP3
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We found this place to be very close to Sagrada Familia, and this helped us a lot, specially for metro, bus, double decker tour bus, near to everything, and great front desk help, good ambiance, small room, small bathroom,,small shower (if you are a tall guy you will have a lot of challenges with the shower head), small sink (no room for a couple traveling) but for the purpose it served. We recommend this place for the frequent traveler on a budget. The only challenge is there is no phone service,,, and limited services at night,,,, key entry was okay at night.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Miguel L
Reviewed November 7, 2013

While the website says that it is a hostel, this really is a small hotel. The single room was quite small, but was certainly big enough for me as a single traveler. The bed was very comfortable and there was a nice little desk where I could do a bit of work. One big positive for me was the ultra-fast internet (great for streaming a tv show before bed) and the electronic keys are quite handy when you need to come back late. My only complaint would be that one morning there was no hot water and I was in too big of a rush to complain at that time, but after I came home it was hot again. Great location for Barcelona and a great value compared with other places I've seen there, plus there's a nespresso machine for free coffee and a huge box of free Kit Kats for breakfast!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kassie C
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Hostal Hostemplo is a great place to stay. Very well situated. Only 2 blocks from the Sagrada Familia and the Metro. Lots of nice places to eat around. The room was small but very clean and very well planned out. There were always pastries, tea and coffee available in the lobby. Staff was very pleasant and helpful. I would definitely stay here again. It's good for all sorts of travelers - whether singles, group of friends or family. Very reasonably priced as well.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Teresama
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Rooms were modern clean with ample and very nice bathrooms, rooms are small with limited space for baggage. Busy street outside but good sound insulation an with the use of the air conditioning fan there was enough "white noise" to allow good sleep. Very nice staff who spoke english and were very helpful. Highly recommend. 2 blocks from metro and Sagrada Familia!

Room Tip: Rooms were modern clean with ample and very nice bathrooms, rooms are small with limited space for b...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple