“As a hot pot lover you have to come”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of L'Olla de Si Chuan

L'Olla de Si Chuan
Reserve with
L'Olla de Si Chuan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,982 of 9,411 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Yunnan
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Eixample
Description: Chinese restaurant based on Si Chuan and Yunnan region food, where it borns the gastronomic culture.Perfect for people who loves spicy meals and intense flavors.
Lund, Sweden
“As a hot pot lover you have to come”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

If you want to try authentic Si Chuan hotpot in Europe. This is definitely a nice choice.
They have a wide range of things that you can choose freely. The lamb and beef had relatively quite good quality and they also have fresh prawns and crabs. Their hotpot spicy soup was also fairly good. I would give the soup 8 out of 10. Besides, they also offered several Sichuan cold dishes and dim sum. They were also included in the hotpot buffet.

Just the drinks there are a little bit expensive.

• Visited December 2013

• Hungarian first
Barcelona, Spain
“Very good, authentic Chinese in Barcelona”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

This as close as it gets to a real, authentic Chinese food experience. My girlfriend and I are both great fans of oriental cuisine, and we have tried many dozens of places over the years in different cities in the world. L'Olla de Si Chuan is the best chinese food we had in Barcelona, and some of the best we ever had in the lower price range overall. We had a great experience, and we will definitely make this our favorite Chinese in Barcelona. We will return soon. Totally recommended!

Summary: Authentic chinese food, very affordable prices, place packed with Chinese couples and families (can feel a bit intimidating for Europeans at first). Great value for money.

Visited end October 2013.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank alexlindner
Palestro, Italy
“Not as good as expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

I am really fond of Chinese cuisine, having travelled a lot through China, and I am generally pretty picky about my food.
I also have to say that I did not try the HotPot, which seems to be their specialty, but I will try it soon.
This restaurant was reccomended both by a Spanish friends and some Chinese people too, so I had pretty good expectations.
Unfortunately these expectations were not fulfilled.
Food was pretty average. We ordered a certain dish and the waitress decided to bring a different one, since she thought the one we ordered was too spicy for us and had bones (it is for Chinese people she said). In the other dishes we tasted there was no hint of SiChuanese spices whatsoever, but it might have been a wrong choice of the dishes from our part.

The Xiao Long Bao were probably the worst I´ve ever tasted, and the various dumplings were not so good either.
Service was average and on the slow side, even if the restaurant was nearly empty.

I will come back to taste the hotpot, let´s hope that it will be better than the normal dishes on the menu.

• Visited September 2013
LOlla_de_Si_Chuan, Gerente at L'Olla de Si Chuan, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear Customer

We really appreciate your opinion and we will take in consideration in future cases. I would like to apologize about your disappointment.

We have a big menu in our restaurant and it is divided in many type of dishes. As you know the real traditional chinese food is little known. Some dishes is not our speciality, However we have to adapt some known and popular chinese dishes in our huge menu by popular spanish demand.

We are really sorry about the misunderstanding (Spicy chicken). Local people don't usually like eat food with bones. Next time we will be more carefully about our custumer orders.
Vicenza, Italy
“Service to increase”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Excellent Chinese food but service and friendliness must be increased. Didn't understand why the waitress didn't want to place a big order for 5 persons and with no "Olla"

• Visited August 2013
Barcelona, Spain
“The Best in Barcelona. Hands down.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I've lived in Barcelona for the last 15 years and have loved Chinese food from NYC, London and Singapore but have lamented the dog food, yes, dog food that has passed as Chinese food in Spain. Finally, luck has arrived and here I sit, surrounded only by Asians and know my prayers have been answered. No, not Out of China nor any other recent fashion restaurant can compare. This is it, people. Go here.

• Visited August 2013