Our stay here was fine. We booked a studio superior and so were able to enjoy the extra space - although the bathroom was still impossibly small. Good to have the extra space, and we were expecting to be able to use the kitchen facilities, but this was not really practical since the kitchen was so poorly equipped. Yes, there was an efficient fridge, a two ringed hob and microwave but the utensils provided were absolutely minimal we would have had to go and buy some stuff if we wanted to cook. For example, no coffee making facilities, no cork screw, no knife for cutting, no cutting board, and no cloths to wipe up and keep the place clean - although you are told that this is expected of you. So, we ate out all the time.
Location, as many have said, was very convenient for public transport and all the main attractions were within easy reach. The area itself may be 'up and coming' but is currently little more than an industrial estate on the side of a main road. It seemed safe enough.
With the windows open there was quite a lot of noise from the street at 3rd floor level and cigarette smoke coming into our room for the unavoidable threshold smokers that now exist all over the world. With windows shut the sound proofing was good and no problem with smoke - but then I like to have an open window!
Seemed mainly for young people - which we are not - but that wasn't a problem. Nice to have a pool and roof space to sit and enjoy.
Staff, very pleasant and helpful.
Our stay here was comfortable but for the price we paid we could have booked a 'real' apartment with a 'real' kitchen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melon District is the largest student residence hall in Barcelona with a new concept of accommodation for short trips to the city. MelonDistrict offers both double and twin bed rooms for daily stays, all with private bathroom, and a shared cooking lounge to cook, socialize and relax. At the rooftop you will find a pool to enjoy Barcelona's weather. Melon District also offers Free Wi-Fi internet access, parking and cafeteria. Melon District Marina is located two minutes away from subway stop L1 Marina. The residence is also very close to Sagrada Familia and Barcelona's beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, HostelWorld, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residencia Melon District Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residencia Melon District Marina Hotel Barcelona
- Residencia Melon District Marina Barcelona, Catalonia