“Worst chips I've EVER had”
Review of Fish and Chips - CLOSED

Fish and Chips
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: El Raval
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Went there with my mum and 4 of her friends (all British) who had said good things about it and were all repeat customers. We all ordered the same, small fish and chips with mushy peas. The fish was fine and the mushy peas were good, but the chips were inedible! They were oily and hard, really disgusting, most of us left ours. We should have said something right away, but the waiter was across the road in the restaurant while we were on the terrace and no one checked if everything was ok. At the end of the meal, we told the waiter about the chips and the very honest young man said the chef had cooked too many the night before so he had just heated them up and served them to us! We were speechless! A 5 kg bag of potatoes is 1.19€ here! Absolutely appalling! I will never go back (even though they did give us a .60 cent discount each) and I doubt any of the ladies I was with today who were faithful customers will do so either as in Barcelona you are spoilt for choice. A real shame as I believe when this place opened it was a real success. Yuk!

1  Thank HRS78

Reviewed March 6, 2012

UK Fish and Chips. Not bad. It's only slightly exoctic since it's hard to find UK styled fish and chips in Barcelona. They also have meat pies. The place is kind of a dump though. They could make it nicer inside. Durring warm weather they have a terrace outside. Near the Cat by Botero

Reviewed November 27, 2011

Fish and Chips serves genuine, fresh English food. Breakfasts are very nice and the fish and chips are also good. If you are craving fish and chips or a breakfast it certainly hits the spot.

I didn't find the restaurant dirty and my food was certainly not reheated. I have also visited several times and never found this to be the case, so I don't really know what the previous reviewer is talking about.

The terrace is very nice to sit and soak up the atmosphere of the Rambla del Raval.

Only slight criticism is that it is a little over priced, but then again you have to remember the goods are imported so this inevitably costs them more to buy.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

Have been a customer on and off since it opened. However, I had lunch today and was quite disappointed. The actual restaurant is dirty and looks almost run down, not much better than the dodgy kebab places next door.The food was also not at all up to scratch. The cod was undercooked and the pies were awful. In my opinion the place was great when the owners ran the place themselves or at least when they had more presence.I realise it can be hard to get decent staff but they should really make the effort or a great little restaurant will go further downhill.

Reviewed September 24, 2011

This little restaurant comes as a refreshing surprise in the midst of the swamp of third-rate kebab shops on the Rambla del Raval. The quality of the fish and the pies is top notch (though I thinkl they use perhaps too much batter on their fish). Their terrace out on the Rambla del Raval is very nice and the pints of beer were refreshingly cheap. However, the bathrooms are not particularly clean and they seem to have a bit of a fly problem within the shop (but we're taliking about a fish and chips place, not Michelin star restaurant).