“Do this on your first day to get a good overview of Barcelona”

Barcelona CicloTour
Book In Advance
More Info
$26.47*
and up
City Center Bike Tour in Barcelona
Ranked #101 of 582 Tours in Barcelona
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the city of Barcelona just like the locals do: by bike. It’s the fastest and most environmentally friendly way to discover the city, not to mention the most fun. Hire a bike and explore on your own, with rental prices from 2 hours up to a week. Perhaps you would prefer to take one of our daily guided city tours, which show you Barcelona’s most popular sights: stunning works by Gaudí, the ancient streets of the Gothic quarter, the multi-cultural district of El Raval, the beaches and much more.
Reviewed January 13, 2013

A wonderful experience on a beautiful winter day with only 3 tourists! An excellent way to get a broad overview of the city and the major attractions. I spent the next 3 deays exploring in greater detail the sights that captured my imagination. You see much more than a walking tour and it also gave me confidence to later rent a bike on my own. What's more, I got a great discount on the bike rental when I returned to rent a bike a few days later!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Best decision we made was to take the bike tour of the city on our first day in Barcelona. Tullis was our tour guide and he was great, providing ample opportunity for people to stop, take pictures, and get a bit of history. Overall a great and easy bike ride that set the tone for the rest of the trip. I highly recommend.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We thought this was a great opportunity, but felt ripped off by the time it was over.

Our son (10) went with us on the ride and we really appreciated that the guide (Maria) was conscientious and asked that he ride close to her. Unforutnately, things went bad when he had a flat tire. For some reason, no one had a change kit. The shop did drop off a couple bikes, fairly quickly, but neither fit. I can kind of understand that, since they don't have many 10 year old customers and he wasn't quite big enough for an adult bike (but they were fine taking our money).

It was decided that it would be best if my husband would ride back to the shop through the city of Barcelona with my son on the back of my husband's rented bike (on the book rack!). No one from the shop offered to help them by either riding with them or driving them back in a car/van! Mind you, my husband had no idea where he was or where he was going. Everyone from Ciclo Tour was more worried about getting the equipment back to the shop. They were even worried about the little water-bottle-holder sack.

Up until then I was thinking that this happens sometimes, but that both my husband and my son would receive a refund, since they were not able to complete the tour, and had to find their way back on their own, BECAUSE THE EQUIPMENT DIDN'T WORK.

However, when they got back to the shop, they were only refunded 1/2 of the cost. Because "they had completed 1/2 of the tour." Ridiculous. We went on this tour to both learn about Barcelona and RENT BIKES. They had to complete the second 1/2 of the tour on their own, short one bike, so Ciclo Tour should pay them!

There are a ton of other bike tours. I wouldn't risk it with this one. I know that the guide (Maria) did try to help and we were really appreciative of her doing what she could (I could tell she was concerned), but her options seemed limited. This can't really be their first flat tire. The organization (as a whole and functioning as a bike tour operator) seems like a joke.

4  Thank JenniferS667
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We had Sonja Pöehlmann as our tour guide, and our ride was extremely disappointing. I have been on many bike tours throughout Europe, and the best ones combine a tour of the city with knowledge of the sights you're seeing. This tour did neither. We rode for 3 hours, and everyone on the tour was constantly asking 'where are we?' or 'what is that?' all met with no response. My friend and I had to go back to our hotel and look up everyone that we had seen to get even a general idea of what had taken place.

We heard the other guides were wonderful, so if you decide to do this tour, make sure to choose wisely.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Three hours in a relaxed tempo on bike, takes you through a lot of the Barcelona city central, the beach and back to the old town. I have forgotten most of the facts that the guide served us, but I sure know what the city looks like and I have got a splendid view of the proportions and the relation of the major parts of the city center. Traffic is no great problem, the guide is cautios and takes care of all Group members. Barcelona is well suited for biking.

As always, a native speaking English guide would have been preferred - I once had that on Gibraltar and that made a big difference! We got ten times the amount of information from that guide, then from any spanish guide speaking English.