“A delightful place, nicely decorated”

Novotel Barcelona City
Ranked #178 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I really enjoyed how the room and the restaurant were decorated. About the room I liked that you could separate the sleeping area by pulling some walls and due to decoration, you could hardly tell there is another area in there. Also the minibar and the closet were masked by the decoration. I appreciated the restaurant, besides it's tasty food for the fact that it looked modern and cozy. Coming here after 2 weeks in the Central American jungle, it was exactly what I needed to charge my batteries.

Location: easy to reach from Glories metro station, as long as you take the right exit toward Avenida Diagonal / Avinguda Diagonal. Hotel is at the crossroad with Calle Granada (the actual entrance in the hotel is on Calle Granada).

Rooms: I had an apartment here, on the corner of the 12th floor, with a nice view of the city and all comfort. Sleeping area offered one comfortable bed and 2 night stands plus flat screen tv. "working area" had a couch, two small tables, an ergonomic chair, a glass desk, a flat screen tv. You have separate A/C controllers for each area.

Bathroom: you have everything you need: shampoo, shower gel, body lotion, etc. (all the common stuff) and both a shower cabin and a tub. There is also a separate toilet with a sink, near the entrance in the apartment, separate from the main bathroom.

As said in the beginning I appreciated the separators between the areas and the interest they put in design and lighting. I would like to congratulate their interiors designer.

TV: honestly I didn't have time to watch anything, but it offered programs in a variety of languages.

Room also had a mini bar and an espresso machine which I enjoyed using (plus a selection of coffee, tea and decaf).

Reception and restaurant personnel: Friendly and well trained staff, always with a smile on their face.

Restaurant: very tasty food at reasonable prices. As a vegetarian I enjoyed their risotto and coconut cake. As we left very early in the morning (5am) they put together a nice take away breakfast for us, which was very nice of them.

Room Tip: Apartment 1201 is very nice. Sleeping area has a view towards Agbar tower.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KissTheRottweiller
H5560GM, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Barcelona City, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Sir,

I would first like to thank you for your commentary. It has been a pleasure for me to read it.

I appreciate the fact that you liked out hotel design. In fact the hotel is very new. We have just celebrated the hotel 4th anniversary as it was built in 2010.

I will transmit your comment to our chef who I am sure will be happy to know that his meals are ideal after weeks in the Central American Jungle.

I am also glad to read that you appreciated our suite which as you said offers all the confort you may want and need.

Our reception staff will be happy to know that their professionalism and kindness were appreciated.

Thank you again for your time and we hope to be able to welcome you again during your next trip to Barcelona.

Best Regards,

There are newer reviews for Novotel Barcelona City

Reviewed March 20, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
H5560GM, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Barcelona City, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Reviewed March 13, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Anna80551
H5560GM, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Barcelona City, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Reviewed March 13, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank RickKempen
H5560GM, LN at Novotel Barcelona City, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Let me bring this up first, a 4 star hotel does not have a bell boy. So that means if your are with your family and kids or old parents. You need to carry your own luggage in your room.
Rooms are decent, bad mattress or un comfortable mattress. Warm and welcoming staff. Great location as it is right next to a large shopping mall and carrefour departmental store. Breakfast spread was nice too.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank rathorkaran

Dear Sir, Madam,

Let me first thank you for your positive comment.

It is true we do not have a bell boy in Novotel Barcelona City. But if someone really needs help, our professional reception staff will be glad to help out.

I am pleased to read that you liked our breakfast's taste and variety as well as our staff professionalism.

I am sorry you didn't like our mattress and that you didn't find the room clean enough.

I inform you that your mail has been transmitted to our cleaning service and I can assure you that your comment will be taken into account.

I hope to be able to welcome you in our hotel during your next stay in Barcelona.

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 12, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
H5560GM, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Barcelona City, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located 20 min away (walking) from the Sagrada Familia and 4 subway stations away from the Praça Catalunya. The City Tour Bus has a stop next to it and It has a mall right across the street with a huge supermarket and drug store. So, the location is pretty good.
The room is big (compared to hotel rooms in Europe) and it was very clean also.
Food is awesome with great variety of fruit, eggs, pastries, cheese, etc.
The only thing we didn't care about was the long line outside the restaurant for a breakfast table. We had to wait in line for at least 15min every day.

• Stayed: March 2014
H5560GM, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Barcelona City, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Alice,

I would first like to thank you for your commentary. We are glad that you found our hotel to be very well located. It is true that it is only a few minutes away from major touristic sites such as the Sagrada Familia that we can very well see from the hotel terrace or sleeping room windows.

I am also happy to read that you liked our restaurent's food. We only cook with fresh products. Quality and taste are priorities for our Chef.

Our breakfast is victim of its success and that's maybe why you had to experience a line every morning. I would like you to know that during the summer we dedicate our meeting room space to breakfasts in order for our customers to be able to eat without experiencing a long waiting line.

We would be very happy to host you again during your next stay in Barcelona.

Best regards,