I really enjoyed how the room and the restaurant were decorated. About the room I liked that you could separate the sleeping area by pulling some walls and due to decoration, you could hardly tell there is another area in there. Also the minibar and the closet were masked by the decoration. I appreciated the restaurant, besides it's tasty food for the fact that it looked modern and cozy. Coming here after 2 weeks in the Central American jungle, it was exactly what I needed to charge my batteries.
Location: easy to reach from Glories metro station, as long as you take the right exit toward Avenida Diagonal / Avinguda Diagonal. Hotel is at the crossroad with Calle Granada (the actual entrance in the hotel is on Calle Granada).
Rooms: I had an apartment here, on the corner of the 12th floor, with a nice view of the city and all comfort. Sleeping area offered one comfortable bed and 2 night stands plus flat screen tv. "working area" had a couch, two small tables, an ergonomic chair, a glass desk, a flat screen tv. You have separate A/C controllers for each area.
Bathroom: you have everything you need: shampoo, shower gel, body lotion, etc. (all the common stuff) and both a shower cabin and a tub. There is also a separate toilet with a sink, near the entrance in the apartment, separate from the main bathroom.
As said in the beginning I appreciated the separators between the areas and the interest they put in design and lighting. I would like to congratulate their interiors designer.
TV: honestly I didn't have time to watch anything, but it offered programs in a variety of languages.
Room also had a mini bar and an espresso machine which I enjoyed using (plus a selection of coffee, tea and decaf).
Reception and restaurant personnel: Friendly and well trained staff, always with a smile on their face.
Restaurant: very tasty food at reasonable prices. As a vegetarian I enjoyed their risotto and coconut cake. As we left very early in the morning (5am) they put together a nice take away breakfast for us, which was very nice of them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Novotel Barcelona City Hotel has 264 rooms (including 22 suites) and is located right in the heart of the city on Avenida Diagonal (one of the city's main streets), next to Plaza Glòries and 55 yards (50 m) from the Jean Nouvel Tower. The hotel features a Claravía restaurant, a bar, 6222 sq. ft (578 m2) of meeting rooms, an outdoor pool on the terrace with panoramic views of Barcelona and a fitness center. Easy access to the hotel via Ronda de Dalt and Ronda Litoral. (The swimming pool is open only from 1st June to 20th September 2011) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, ACCOR, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Barcelona City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Barcelona City Hotel Barcelona
- Novotel Barcelona City Catalonia