Our family stayed here while visiting the City, the lack of service and simple comforts was horrible. When you pay so much money you expect a certian level of service, I am shocked at how this Hotel has gained and kept a 4 star rating. The good points which are few: the 19th floor is open to the sky with a beautiful windowed view of the City below. Mind though that the pool on the 19th floor is a very small corner pool that closes early at 9pm and service from the bar is slow, we left without being served more than once. The hotel and rooms are clean but sheets have a yellow tint. Staff are polite when speaking to you, but do not show concern for any of your plights; nor do they try to rectify them. The negative, although some has been mentioned above: There is no one to help with the luggage, you must do it. You can not exchange any amount of any currency at the hotel. The elevators are a nightmare. We once waited 25 minutes to go downstairs! Another time we were waiting on the main to go to our room, we decided to avoid the mass of people waiting and take the stairs. So we walked all the way up to our floor, you need a room key to access the floor; which we had but did not work! So we had to go all the way back down. They had to reprogram our keycard after which we waited again for the elevator. Then yet again another member of our family tried to use the stairs; her key did not work on her floor level and when she returned to the main her key would not work. She was stuck in the stairwell until the staff heard her dismay. The elevator system is dependant on your room key and is a pain to use, especially when others in the elevator did not know how to properly use it. Towels, coffee supplies ect that are included with the room are not always restocked each day, yet you bet the mini bar is; why? Because you pay for it seperately. Figures. When you do call for missing items one of two things happen, they take forever to respond or they do not respond at all, they are not concerned about anything and show disregard that is very unprofessional. The cost of items from the mini bar, bar upstairs and down is very expensive. If you decide to try staying here, buy your items elsewhere and bring them back with you to your room. Beds are not comfy/springy and pillows are deflated. Comforter is lumpy. View from our room was nice. We ate the breakfast each day as it was included, but did not enjoy it; the food is of low quality and selection is very limited and bland. The same thing is served each day, we got excited when one day they put out banana's for the first time. We also ate at the pool once, it was better but they do not tell you there is a kids menu; we happened upon it later after by ourselves. This hotel puts out a strong message, the way they treat you makes you aware that they do not care if you stay there or ever return; that they feel no matter how upset one customer is there will always be more so why concern themselves with providing what their 4 star rating should provide. We were all very happy to leave. We went to another location and are so happy we did, so much better. Will not return nor will I recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Novotel Barcelona City Hotel has 264 rooms (including 22 suites) and is located right in the heart of the city on Avenida Diagonal (one of the city's main streets), next to Plaza Glòries and 55 yards (50 m) from the Jean Nouvel Tower. The hotel features a Claravía restaurant, a bar, 6222 sq. ft (578 m2) of meeting rooms, an outdoor pool on the terrace with panoramic views of Barcelona and a fitness center. Easy access to the hotel via Ronda de Dalt and Ronda Litoral. (The swimming pool is open only from 1st June to 20th September 2011) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, ACCOR, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Barcelona City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Barcelona City Hotel Barcelona
- Novotel Barcelona City Catalonia