We used this hotel for a family weekend break in Barcelona post cruise. The hotel itself is very nice and the room accommodated our family of four - great swimming pool and gym on the rooftop which our two children loved (although the pool was a little cold the view (and lounging area) is spectacular. Also wii in lobby which was very useful at check in as it kept our children entertained.
Reception staff were extremely helpful concerning things like local transport links. Another great bonus was that we were able to print off our flight boarding passes ourselves - with absolutely no hassle! This saved us a lot of time at the airport.
We also very much apprecaiteed being allowed to use the pool and terrace after our check out on the day we were due to fly home. A real bonus for our five and nine year old children! The hotel is located opposite a great shopping complex complete with lots of popular food outlets and favourite stores (providing a cheaper breakfast for families than the one at the hotel which is very pricey).
The tram stops right outside the hotel and if you follow to the end of the line (10 mins) it drops you right outside the zoo and park (A really great family day out - we loved the dolphin show). Also you can walk in about ten minutes from this same stop to the Aquarium (another super day out - our kids loved the sharks) and the 2.5km Barcelonetta beach area which is just fantastic for sunbathing, play areas, out door gym areas, restaurants etc. There is a great tube station close to the hotel which we used to go into the city. Taxi rank at hotel too.
I think that some rooms might have views of the Cathedral. We had a gorgeous view of a gerkin shaped building which was lit up at night - which we loved! We will definitely stay in this hotel again (budget permitting!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Novotel Barcelona City Hotel has 264 rooms (including 22 suites) and is located right in the heart of the city on Avenida Diagonal (one of the city's main streets), next to Plaza Glòries and 55 yards (50 m) from the Jean Nouvel Tower. The hotel features a Claravía restaurant, a bar, 6222 sq. ft (578 m2) of meeting rooms, an outdoor pool on the terrace with panoramic views of Barcelona and a fitness center. Easy access to the hotel via Ronda de Dalt and Ronda Litoral. (The swimming pool is open only from 1st June to 20th September 2011) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com and ACCOR so you can book your Novotel Barcelona City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Barcelona City Hotel Barcelona
- Novotel Barcelona City Catalonia