“Chocolate and Churros? You'v come to the right place”

Granja La Pallaresa
Ranked #13 of 127 Bakeries in Barcelona
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Barrio Gotico (Barri Gotic)
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Hidden down a small alleyway (Pertrixol) in Ciutat Vella is this cafe which does the best xocolat and churros. It closes for the afternoon (I forget the timings) but opens again at 4 I think.

The chocolate is thick and bitter (although the consistency seems to have thinned a bit since we were here last (about 4 years ago) and the churros are nice and hot, crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside. Not a fan of the whipped cream so I avoided that.

Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Went there on the 19th feb after reading reviews here and was not disappointed. I had spanish chocolate and churros. We ordered 2 cups of chocolate between the 3 of us as its quite rich not too bitter and not too sweet. The churros were just yummm! Loved it! Only regret is not asking for the whipped cream and its not just squirty cream its actual cream mixed in a large bowl similar to italian whipped cream.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Back in 2008 I did 3 months internship in Barcelona and I was surprised to discover this excellent place on my last days there. Their homemade hot chocolate is perfect. It's not too sweet comparing to those I had tried from the other chocolate places in Spain. A touch of bitter hot chocolate topped with whipped cream along with the hot churros is a perfect match. Every time I am in Barcelona, the first thing I do is to go to this place :D

Reviewed January 26, 2014

My Husband and I came to Barcelona on our honeymoon. This cute little restaurant was perfect for a lovely breakfast treat. We got an thick hot chocolate, churros and an Ensaimada. It was so much fun walking the tiny streets to find this place...it was what I have always pictured Barcelona to be! Perfect. Highly recommended.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I ordered Swiss Hot Chocolate for 3 euro. It came really fast. The shop always crowded with people and I have to wait for about 20 minutes to get in. It's suit for a family getaway, the service is pleasant. The chocolate is really solid, it was good.