“Crema catalana and chocolate con churros!”

Granja La Pallaresa
Ranked #11 of 105 Bakeries in Barcelona
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Barrio Gotico (Barri Gotic)
Stockholm, Sweden
“Crema catalana and chocolate con churros!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

"When you see locals eating you just get inside"...
That's what we did and we did not regret about it!

Excellent crema catalana and chocolate con churros. Personally I didn't like too much the melindros (if you want only chocolate then you should go to Petritxol Cafe nearby which is also excellent). Very good coffee and good service as well. The place is simple but traditional and it gives you a real taste of "old times" Barcelona. You will see many locals getting inside. Its amazing how fast the place can get full...

Do not forget that they open at 09:00-13:00 and 16:00-21:00 daily/Saturday and 09:00-13:00 17:00-21:00 on Sunday.

Positives:
+prices
+taste
+quality
+environment
+service
+clean

Negatives:

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“Simple yet so perfect ^^”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Went to this place because of a locals recommendation. We went to the one on Petrixol (#11) down Portal del Angel( close to Plaza Catalunya). Its a small place which almost always has a line from what I hear but we only waited for about 5 minutes, but I its worth the wait if you have a sweet tooth like I do :)

Finally we get to order,I got a ¨Chocolate con nata¨(which is a lighter version of chocolate fondue with cream on top ), ¨Churros¨ and ¨Ensaimada¨ (is like a soft sweet bun). Everything was delicious, I ate two orders of churros and could´ve had another :P. Service it quite fast, so you wont have to wait too long.

Love the place is casual and great atmosphere, you can come with friends, family or loved ones. It´ll be a great stop after lots of walking or just something to do on a rainy day.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank polancomariel
Bath, United Kingdom
“Cold and greasy churros”
Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

It was my first time trying churros in Spain and I ordered Spanish chocolate and churros and those were cold and greasy which I didn't like it

Phoenix
“Catalan Cream!”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We had not set out to find this cafe, but after a long day of strolling the gothic, it just appeared at a perfect time. It is a perfect place to stop, sip something and eat a little desert. It was crowded but the service was quick. The "english" menu left a lot to be desired, so we pointed and pantomimed our way to what we wanted.

Many were getting the churros and chocolate, but we opted for Catalan cream (Spanish Creme Brûlée with a custard that has lemon zest and cinnamon) plus a tall glass of chocolate milk with a generous cloud of heavy whipped cream that we stirred together.

It elevated our blood sugar and introduced me to Catalan cream.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank ArizonaArchitect
Singapore, Singapore
“Delicioso!”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I love the churros and so do the kids. We ate it warm and it's crispy on the outside & soft on the inside. The sweetness is just right and it's not oily. The hot chocolate is also my favourite especially during the cold winter days. The whipped cream on top was good though adds to the calories. I dipped the churros with the hot chocolate for a double whammy. Yes, there are many visitors to the store but there are ample seats. They also serve other types of breads, deserts, etc. It's located near the Las Ramblas area so when you are tired walking, do sit down and have some churros & hot chocolate.

Visited November 2012