“Very nice boutique hotel. Very modern.”

Ayre Hotel Rosellon
Ranked #103 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Los Angeles
“Very nice boutique hotel. Very modern.”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I was here for 4 days in April 2013. Of the 10 hotels I stayed in on this trip, this was one of the best. With a few concerns I list below.

The staff was excellent. Helpful, patient and conversed easily in English.

The brunch was top notch. Hot meals prepared on request. Champagne and a solid bar of expected items. Add the Nespresso coffee to make the experience grand.

I had a large room with twin beds. The twin beds were my second choice because double bed seemed too hard. Maybe two people on the same mattress stretches it to be extra hard.

My 1st day the room I was given was very small with a small double bed. But the staff corrected that ASAP to give me a room that was much better.

The church ( Sagrada Familia ) is a block away. I almost skipped the tour due to the large lines. But then I learned that a ticket purchased on TicketMaster.es gives immediate access without the line. Print the tickets at the La Caixa bank ATM across the street from the Church.

The location is a 30 minute walk to the center of town. But the metro is on the corner and its a 10 minute trip ( Blue and then Green ). I was door to door in less that 20 minutes to the farthest part of La Rambla. Very nice metro system. Easy to understand.

PS: Buy the T10 ticket from the desk at the airport or other main station, then skip the ticket machines.

Warning:
Taxi to the airport (Terminal 1) was 39.20Euros. Higher than I had expected.
And the rush hour traffic can be a problem.

The blue metro to the train is much cheaper and more predictable. The Aerobus is a good alternative, but then you have to take that same two hop trip to Catalunya with your baggage.

Room Tip: If you get a room you don't like, talk to the staff. They are very willing to help make your st...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ayre Hoteles A, Guest Relations at Ayre Hotel Rosellon, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! We are very happy that you liked our F&B service and our hotel overall. We appreciate your leaving your personal directions so you can help our next guests to make their experience a more pleasant one.
Thank you for choosing us and we hope to host you soon again!

Social Media Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Excellent hotel. The location is just amazing, overlooking the sagrada familia which is great from the roof terrace. Located a 5 minute walk from metro stations which takes you to la rambla, playa de catalunya etc in less than 10 mins. Also around the corner is a lovely little park which also gives unbelievable views of the sagrada familia. Beware of over priced resturants/snacks from the stalls around this area as pricey due to touristy area but still good to try if you dont mind this. Our hotel room wasnt huge but perfect size for 2 nights. Extremely clean and great bathroom with huge walk in shower. Music plays throughout the corridors which is cool, nice atmosphere. Didnt book breakfast but it all looked good, although would urge you to go out and try the patissaries or cafes close by instead. All in all good value for money and best location. Glad i stumbled upon this place.

Room Tip: We had room 310 which overlooked a little side street with a butchers shop, bakery and a little bar...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ayre Hoteles A, Guest Relations at Ayre Hotel Rosellon, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Jessie,

Thank you very much for your complete review about our hotel!

We are sure your comment will be very helpful for the next guests who stay at our hotel.

We really appreciate your opinion and we're glad that you had a great experience with us.

We look forward to your next stay with us!

Manchester
Reviewed April 6, 2013

A fantastic little hotel. We were so happy to be given a room with a stunning view of the segrada famillia- you could even see right down to the sea. Rooms were small but comfortable. The bathroom was a good size with a lovely shower and really close to the metro! Roof top terrace was lovely- unfortunately the pool was closed, but it is a bit early in the year.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your good review! Indeed, on clear days the view from the superior rooms is just fantastic. We are waiting for the weather to get warmer so we can open once again our bar service at the terrace.
We feel so glad you had time at our hotel!
We'd love to have the chance to host you again on your next trip to our city.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Was there for 4 nights, arrived very early about 7.30 am, requested for early check in. Was very surprised that it was granted with no additional cost. Liked the decor of the room, modern but very warm. Had great view of the Sagrada Familia that was 5 minutes walk from hotel.Lots small quaint Spanish restaurants, fast food restaurants, supermarkets and very near to metro station. Very friendly staff. Only gumption was the shower cubicle was very tiny.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank tigerllies
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for three nights and a had a great experience, room was really nice and we had our own terrace which was great. Hotel is in a great location a short walk to the metro which is ideal and the best way to get around the city. Would stay again totally enjoyed our stay :)

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peterhanks
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel around two years ago for the first time but I feel it's gone downhill since. On my arrival I had to wait well over an hour because my room hadn't been cleaned, and that was after having been told initially it would been done immediately and not take long. The heating and air conditioning system didn't work in my room nor my parents room who were also staying, I found the rooms were uncomfortably warm. A member of staff also entered my room while I was sleeping. I believe they knocked but I had my headphones in, he asked me about air con problems, apologised and left. When I go to a hotel I like to check in and just be left alone but there were so many stupid niggles. I was disappointed and won't return. But I do love that roof terrace.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest,

We are terribly sorry about the incidence you had during your stay our hotel. Normally the time to clean a room takes about 30-40 minutes and its really difficult to have them all cleaned by 1pm on days when people check out very late. Though this it not an usual issue, we feel sorry that we couldnt have the room immediately ready for you.

We totally understand your preference to not be disturbed after you checked in and we apologize that we had to somebody from our staff up to your room in order to help you solve the air conditioning issue.

We apologize once again and we appreciate your comment to help us know what we need to improve on.

Our Kindest Regards,

Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed here in October 2012, not our first visit to Barcelona, but our first stay - we weren't disappointed.
Our room was spacious with plenty of storage (we were there for 6 nights). The en-suite was reasonably sized with a fab double walk in shower. The room was clean and smartly decorated, the heating/air conditioning unit kept the room at a comfortable temperature, the mini fridge was very useful and the TV was helpful having a range of European channels.
The biggest downside in the room we had was the noise from the street at night - it wasn't every night more the weekend.

We didn't eat in the hotel - the breakfast seemed quite pricey (compared to the cost of the room!) And we generally ate before we got back in the evening.

The amazing part of this hotel is the roof top terrace and the most wonderful view of the Sagrada Familia - I understand that you could also have a Sagrada Familia view room - we decided against that idea, as we knew we wouldn't get the benefit (we wouldn't be in the room long enough!)

There is a great network of public transport (metro and bus) within a minute or so walk from the hotel, the Sagrada Familia is just a 3 minute walk, there are plenty of shops, supermarkets, cafes and bars all close by.

We would be quite pleased to return here!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple