“Be aware what double room means”

Ayre Hotel Rosellon
Ranked #120 of 521 Hotels in Barcelona
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Be aware what double room means”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is a real time situation, i.e. I am currently at the hotel - and I can tell you I´m NOT a happy bunny. As with previous reviews I have spotted here, this hotel does not advise you that it´s executive double rooms are 2 singles. Yes they will put them together, but you try bridging the gap with beds that are on a laminate flooor - the beds separate! SO BE AWARE - if you are ok with this then you won´t be disappointed, if not you will.

AND don´t think putting anything on the "comments" section of the booking, I did (requesting a double!) and the guy on reception tells me they don´t read them!

So - cool head, give them chance to put right a customer complaint? Well I was up at 6 am this morning as I couldn´t sleep and was told I would be able to change this morning. Well here we are and no chance of a change I am told. AND why was I awake - well the window wouldn´t shut in my room and the noise at the front of this hotel is unbearable!

So altogether NOT a great experience. And here I am booked in for another 2 days. Great.

Oh and just tried to print out the return flights boarding passes - printer is out of toner. Can they fix it? Well they can bodge a link to the main desk one - but with the standard running of this hotel, I presume it has been and will be out of toner for some time!

Yes, room was modern and snazzy - nice shower, but no tea or coffee facilities, few services, one chair at the desk - 4 star, you must be joking. Stayed at a 3 star Holiday Inn in OXFORD RECENTLY WHICH WAS VASTLY SUPERIOR. Have been to and stayed in 6 European cities this year and this is EASILY the poorest hotel I have encountered.

So in conclusion, would I recommend? Not a chance - if this was the only hotel here in Barca, I´d stay outside the city and travel in.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ayre Hoteles A, Guest Relations at Ayre Hotel Rosellon, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Mr. Macauley,

We are deeply sorry for what occurred to you during your stay with us. Please understand that the we do try to satisfy all the requests our guests ask for, but during days of high occupation is really hard for us to accomplish them all, so we can do no more than providing the same kind of room you booked, which in this case was a double room with either 2 twin beds or one double bed subject to availability.

We hope that you accepted the detail we placed up in your room as an apology. On the other side, the person who told you we do not read the requests was wrong: we write them as a remark and we are aware of it at the moment of the check-in, but unfortunately we cannot reply them immediately all due to the heavy amount of requests we receive everyday.

We are collecting information at the moment so this kind of misunderstanding will not happen again.

We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences caused and hope we have the chance to fulfil your expectations and provide the service you deserve on a next occasion.

Kind Regards,

David Vásquez
Guest Relations - Ayre Hotel Rosellón

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Barcelona
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Perfect location at Sagrada Familia! Close to the subway. A lot of cafés and restaurants in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

coulsdon
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Stayed here with my boyfriend for 3 night. The room was quite big and so was the bathroom. It was very clean and the staff were very pleasant and helpful. It's not even a 5 minute walk to the metro station so it's good for getting around. There's a great view of the Sagrada Familia from the room. Would definately recommend going to a drink on the roof top bar as there is also a good view of the Sagrada Familia from there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Spent 5 nights here in april with my girlfriend, tried to take in as much of barcelona as we could in the time we had here.

First up, the hotel - room was a good size, bed was firm yet comfortable and we had a room on the 7th floor with an amazing view of the Sagrada Familia. Bathroom was also good, everything worked perfectly and was cleaned every day. Facilities in the hotel room were okay, TV was of a good size, fridge was cold, and AC unit kept the room at a good temp.

The location again was excellent, not in the centre of everything, walkable to the centre in about 25mins, but we chose to catch the underground whenever we went out exploring, the nearest underground station is just around the corner, less than a 5 minute walk away.

We had breakfast only once in the hotel, small selection but hot food cooked to order, again good but not amazing. Nespresso machines were a nice touch though.

Free wifi worked perfectly, a good help whenever we need to use google for a quick search or similar.

Service at the front desk was great, helpful with questions about restaurants in the area or anything else we asked for.

A highlight for me was the rooftop patio, awesome panoramic views across the roofs of Barcelona, and again the Sagrada Familia looks amazing at night when lit-up.

Thoroughly enjoyable stay here, the hotel was a good price and everything we could have wanted for our trip here. Would definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank joeya123
bristol
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Me and my Partner travelled to Barcelona on Sunday 3rd sep 12 returning on Friday 7th Sep. We had a fantastic time! the weather was beautiful 30 degrees everyday !. The hotel was in a perfect location I chose to be near the Sagrada Familia as this was something i wanted to visit the most, im so happy I did as most people on our flight were staying on Las Ramblas and it was nuts!! definately not much more comfortable. The area was perfectly safe , i was so worried after hearing of all the muggings etc, but i never once felt uneasy . The room was lovely , very modern and spotlessly clean. The only slight downfall was the bed as others have mentioned the pillows are awful pretty much non existent and the matress was hard.But I find they tend to be in european countries. My favourite part of the hotel was the rooftop terrace absolutely STUNNING at day and at night. There is a pool on the roof but i describe it more of a hotub without the heat! lol its nice if you do decide to sunbathe up there however i never seen one person up there doing that. I think most people chose to go to the stunning beach!! i know we did.Me and my partner went up there every night for a cocktail altho they were excellent a little bit pricy for 7 euros each but we loved them!! the staff were very friendly and helpful. The metro is a must for getting around and its suprisingly cheap we paid 9.75 euro for a ticket that did 10 trips and it was fast and efficient. You MUST go inside the Sagrada it is breathtakingly beautiful words cant describe, well worth the price. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone and we look to return soon and Barcelona is an amazing city.

Room Tip: Pick the one with the sagrada view its amazing.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cookbristol
Montreal
Reviewed September 8, 2012

The hotel is urban and modern and well located near the Sagrada Familia. The breakfast was included and offers a good variety. I strongly suggest taking a city tour bus – It is hop-go concept where you can stop at the attractions of your choice.

Room Tip: If you can ask a room with view on Sagrada Familia
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple