A simple hotel with basic but clean and comfortable rooms. We stayed overnight with our two children and found the reception staff to be very helpful and informative about accessing the city ( the Montbau metro was a few mins walk away. )
We went for the evening buffet, keenly priced at 9 euros each and were pleasantly surprised - eat as much as usually like with wine included. Breakfast also good and plentiful.
It did feel like we were going back to our student halls days but we quite like this, the grounds of the accommodation are tranquil and traditionally picturesque.
The only downside was the lack of air conditioning - this made for a very humid evening in the rooms and it was difficult to sleep albeit we did go in July with peak temperatures.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guesthouse of the Salesian seminari Martí-Codolar The hostelry of the Salesian seminary Martí-Codolar is a place of shelter for people or groups who wish to spend a few days of rest in an idyllic garden environment, a few minutes from Barcelona town center. Our means and resources are limited and we cannot provide the services of a commercial hotel, but we do offer all the amenities in a friendly and familiar atmosphere. To make it possible, we ask all our visitors to follow a set of simple rules: Reception Our reception staff is 24 hours available. Dinning-room service The dining room works as self-service, but the tables are assigned on a group basis. After each meal and before leaving the dining room you are obliged to collect your dishes from the table and leave them in the indicated containers. Breakfast is served from 08:00 to 09:30 am, lunch from 01:30 to 03:00 pm and dinner from 08:00 to 09:30 pm. In all cases the dining room will close thirty minutes after the set time. For hygiene and cleanliness reasons, it is not permitted take food or drink away from the dining room. If for health reasons you need a menu with special needs, it will be necessary to let us know at the moment you book your stay. You also must do so in case you wish to request a picnic. In case your arrival is out of the aforementioned timetables we can also offer you a picnic, which you can pleasantly enjoy in our gardens as well. Large groups - more than 10 people - must request their intention to book meals or the cancellation of these with a minimum notice of 24 hours. Not being done this way, in the first case we could not guarantee the service, and in the second guests should equally pay. Smaller groups will be able to report back on their intentions until 10:00 pm of the same day, which will be also valid for the regulations of meals for larger groups. Bedrooms Bedrooms do not have TV and it is not allowed to smoke or cook inside them. Check-out is before 11:00 am, with the delivery of keys at reception. The bed linen is changed every three days and the towels every two days of stay. Common spaces We request the most attention and care with the animals and plants in our gardens. Furniture Furniture should not be moved from its place, unless having our explicit authorization, and this also includes the garden. Parking Our parking is very limited in its dimensions, so please reduce the number of vehicles to park in order to not saturate it and park always respecting the limited areas. Buses must be announced at the time of booking and will be assigned a specific space. Given these circumstances, the hostelry cannot guarantee parking spots for all its guests at all times. Others Always take the precaution to close the doors of your bedroom because the guesthouse Martí-Codolar is not responsible for the possible misplace of belongings, which also includes the ones left in reception. In order to ensure the rest for all our guests, please be silent between 11:00 pm and 08:00 am. The internet access is free and the key will be advised at the front desk upon arrival. It is not permitted the use of bathing suits or the lack of pieces of clothing in the public spaces of the house, neither the exhibits that could dismiss morality or the appeal of the rest of the guests. The Salesian Seminary Martí-Codolar reserves the right to refuse admission in case of non-compliance with these rules. Have a nice stay and hope to see you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Venere and Hotels.com so you can book your Residencia Salesiana Marti-Codolar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residencia Salesiana Marti-Codolar Hotel Barcelona
- Residencia Salesiana Marti-Codolar Barcelona, Catalonia