“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #259 of 305 Barcelona B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed September 22, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights (during the week ending the 11th of September). It has a really great location, within walking distance of Placa Catalunya, Sagrada la Familia and Passeig de Gracia, it also has really good bus links. The buses go directly into Placa Catalunya and all the way to the beach! There are also 2 Metro line stations really close-by. The room we stayed in was very clean and had air con. Breakfast was also included, but the hosts also allowed people to take food into rooms which was a nice touch.

Jose and Christina were very very helpful and friendly. They gave us some great tips of where to go, what sites to see and also how to get to the main sites! The atmosphere was very relaxed and peaceful so it felt more like being at home, therefore, it was very comfortable. I do highly recommmend this accomodation and I will be returning to stay here again the next time I visit Barcelona, which will hopefully be sometime soon! Enjoy!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sol o

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Paris, France
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Wonderful little place to stay. Very clean rooms (a little small though). Very safe (with regards to leaving luggage in room etc).

The couple, Tina and Jose, who run the place are very cool people. Very friendly and accommodating. They also give very good suggestions of where to go and what to see, how to get there etc depending on your plans for the day. This is especially great if you are at the breakfast table and trying to figure out what you would like to do on that particular day.

They have all sorts of maps and brochures for the city. This is awesome if you feel like reading up or looking up stuff without wanting to carry a lot of stuff around. If you can read and understand Spanish, they also have quite a collection of old books that you can borrow from... perfect if you want to sit and bum on the beach.

All in all, Barcelona 294 is a great place to stay. Would recommend it to people travelling in small groups or as couples.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed August 25, 2011

My partner and I stayed here for 4 nights and I don't think it was long enough. Barcelona has been one of my most favourite places in Europe. The owners Tina and Jose are absolutely lovely. Tina told us what to do in Barcelona and what was worth seeing. Parc Guell was one of my favourite places. Breakfast is included in the price. Tina sets it up every morning, which includes cereal, toast, juice, tea, coffee, croissants, jam, cheese, butter etc. The room is a bit small but good enough for sleeping. The bed is comfortable compared to a lot of other places I've stayed. The room includes a safe, fridge, fan, towels, shelves for your items and linen. We had a shared bathroom and that wasn't as bad as I thought and saved us a few euros a night. It is only a short walk to the train station and a bus stop down the road and you'll be at the beach in no time. The beaches are amazing! I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SarahW671
Newcastle
Reviewed June 3, 2011

The unimaginative name, "Barcelona Rooms 294" had me wondering what I was walking into. But, it was in the area we wanted, and fit our budget. Luckily, I was pleasantly surprised.

We were warmly greeted by Tina and her husband Jose, who live on the property. They immediately commenced to give us a map of the city and an insiders scoop on Barcelona. My Spanish is abysmal, but Tina speaks English flawlessly. So communication was not a problem.

Our room was clean. It had a little refrigerator, stove and sink, plus a bathroom and groovy low set window that opened out onto the street from the 2nd floor to catch the breeze and the abundant perfume from the spring blossoms. But, if you are planning on hanging out in your room all day and watch t.v., go somewhere else. The room too small for lounging around all day. However, it was fine for us as we spent most of our time out adventuring.

The B&B is in a great location. There are sidewalk cafe's populated by locals every half block or so with good food, good espresso and reasonable prices. A great place to just sit and soak up the atmosphere. We were about three blocks up and three blocks over from the Familia Sagrada and two and a half blocks from the Metro which will get you anywhere you want to go in Barcelona. Park Guell is an easy 20 minute walk. Well, actually get a ride to Park Guell and walk back, as it is uphill to Guell and downhill home. You'll want to save you legs for strolling around the park all afternoon and not be tired when you get there.

It is a charming area, and I would certainly use Barcelona Rooms 294 again. However, next time I will book directly with them instead of using an online agency. Not just to avoid the agency fees and get a better price, but because the online agency I used to book it screwed up the reservation. We had been having trouble with the booking agency before we got to the room. But, my wife wisely had contacted Tina at Barcelona Rooms to confirm before we arrived. By the time we got to Barcelona, the online booking agent still had things all messed up (they never did get it together) but Tina made sure that we were ok. She very professionally made sure the problem stayed between herself and the booking agent, even though the agent was still trying to charge us for nights we did not stay. Tina did a great job of intervening, taking care of us, and making sure we were billed fairly. It could have been a fiasco, but after one conversation with Tina, we never had to worry about it again and were free to enjoy ourselves.

As I said, I would stay here again. The location is unbeatable, the room was clean, my wife felt safe and the price was reasonable. Tina and Jose were great hosts. They seemed like honest and respectable people and were full of good information.

I've included a photo of my wife in the window taken from the street just in front of the B&B. She is a little blurry, But, you can see the building.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 14, 2011

Me and my husband stayed there for 4 nights and we liked it. Rooms are really small and basic but if you only need a place to sleep that's good enough. Our room had a tiny bathroom inside so we didn't have to share.Rooms got fridge, hair dryier, towels and some toiletries as well.
Breakfast is included in the price( toast, cereals, cheese, jam, crossaint) and tea is available all the time.
Landlady is great- wants to help you as much as she can and gives good tips about sightseeing the city.
Hostel was located about 20 min walk from city centre and is a good quality accomodation if you are spending there few days and basically just sleep there-otherwise there is nothing to do:)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple