“Sizzling Meat on a Stone Slab”

Restaurante Parrilla Alfonsina
Ranked #110 of 10,352 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eixample
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I LOVE beef. I LOVE sausage. This place was recommended to us by a local and was quite close to Gaudi's church so after site seeing like crazy my friend and I were ready to chow down. And we did. Two slabs of beef and 2 sausages on a sizzling stone were the highlight of the reasonably priced set lunch meal. The other two courses were so so, so next time I might just order off the menu and not do a fixed lunch - which is what the locals did btw. They must know more than us touristas! Wait staff is surly and ambiance is just okay, but sizzling plate of meat cooked to perfection made this a highlight meal of my trip.

1  Thank Cybil S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,361)

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Perfect and deliciuos cut of beefs
Bife de lomo (tenderloin) / Entraña (skirt steak) / Asado de tira (short ribs) / Vacío (flank steak) / Bife de chorizo (sirloin / New York strip)

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

The stake is more like Austrian snitzel. They serve big portions but the food is below averege. They don`t speak english.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I can't count the number of steaks I've had over the years, but the steak I had last night at Alfonsina, was probably a top 3. Just epic. Empanadas and their provoleta, and rounded off with a tenderloin steak... Sweet mother of all things delicious. Epic!

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Took my wife and 1 year old son out earlier this month. We had a great time! The staff/owner were great and were very welcoming.

I though our Filets were delicious and mine was cooked medium rare as I had requested. My wife did have to have her Filet put back on the grill but I was no big deal.

Additionally, the sangria was well made and I thought it was excellent.