“Barcelona Argentine Steak House”

Restaurante Parrilla Alfonsina
Ranked #110 of 10,193 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eixample
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My view is that this small restaurant just east of the city center is overrated. Price is reasonable as Barcelona restaurants go but anyone expecting a Morton's or Palm quality steak surely will be disappointed.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,337)

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Excellent restaurant recommended by friends. Steak was beautifully cooked and my wife had a lovely piece of salmon. The service was exceptional.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We decided to visit Parrilla Alfonsina based upon it's ratings on tripadvisor. The restaurant is very quaint and authentic. We made an early (for Barcelona) reservation for 1pm lunch. We were the first table to arrive but it filled up quickly. We chose the lunch special which included freshly baked bread, meat filled empanada's, baked cheese (my favorite), beef steak served with fried potatoes and also a bottomless glass of house wine. The price was around 45.00 EUR for two which I consider fairly reasonable. I have to admit I enjoyed the empanada's and baked cheese much more than the steak. The steak was good but not the best I have eaten. In fact it was a little tough. I would recommend this restaurant but if I returned I would probably just order tapas. Thank you Restaurante Parrila Alfonsina for the homemade lunch!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Had the sirloin with potatoes and cream of spinach.
The sirloin was extremely tender and perfect made, and I believe its the best meat I have had since I lived in argentina back in 2006.
The winelist could be a bit more extensive, as it only had wines from Valentin Bianchi.
Perfect dinner and will definitly go back next time i visit Barcelona

Reviewed April 9, 2013

A small pearl hidden away in Barcelona
If you like steaks/meat this could be the best place to go in Barcelona. The focus is on the meat which is excellent and cooked to perfection. The place is small with limited seating and does not pretend to be anything else than what it is a temple for the meat
Do not expect much focus on the side orders but appreciate instead the extremely high quality of the meat
We had some challenges making the reservation as the very kind and smiling staff "prefers" to speak Spanish but the challenges of the language aside they still managed to serve us very well and gave us one of the best restaurant experiences in Barcelona !
If you are not a vegetarian you HAVE TO VISIT this fantastic restaurant
BTW - you can enjoy and get rid of your hunger even on a tight budget as the prices are ridiculously low !