“Amazing food, lovely staff, great value for money”

Restaurante Parrilla Alfonsina
Ranked #88 of 9,761 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eixample
Brussels, Belgium
“Amazing food, lovely staff, great value for money”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is an amazing argentinian restaurant ! The steak were perfectly done and the taste was great! The service is excellent, they help you choosing with accurate description of the menu and they take care once the steaks on your table to ensure that everything is done as you expect. Staff is smiley and works with passion! The price is correct and not that expensive as usual argentinian restaurants.
Special thanks to Marcela !

1 Thank Elena D

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Barcelona, Spain
“The best steak you'll eat outside Argentina”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I spent time working in Buenos Aires and ate some marvellous red meat when I was there. The quality of the steak, the empanadas, the murcilla, and the crepe with dulce de leche is excellent at Alfonsina's - every bit as good as it would be in a 'porteño' restaurant. They have a good range of malbecs, and the staff add a bit of flair with their Argentinean charisma. Highly recommended!

Belmont, Lancashire.
“Friendly little Argentine eatery offering great vfm.”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Found this on Trip Advisor and enjoyed Saturday lunch here last week.

The staff are a bit rusty in English, especially the characterful Argentine gentleman, but then my Spanish is very poor.

The food was very good without being too special, service very friendly and all in all it was very good value for money. Nice atmosphere too and it seemed that there were a lot of locals in which is usually a very good sign.

A very relaxed and enjoyable lunch time. Thanks again.

Lagos, Portugal
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best steak I've ever had”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Went here after reading the good reviews on Tripadvisor and as luck would have it, it was just in the next street to where we were staying in Barcelona. What a great experience. Alfonsina was extremely friendly and helpful, as was the other waitor who was serving us. The place was busy and we were given a free starter while we waited for our main which was a nice touch. We both had steaks, and having tried a lot of different steak places previously, I can honestly say this was the best steak I have ever tasted, it was amazing! We also had desserts - not because we weren't full from the steaks, but just because everything was so good we wanted to keep eating. We were also impressed when the bill came, for steaks, and sides and desserts as well as beer and wine it was a lot cheaper than we were expecting. Definitely eat here if you are in Barcelona and love steak - you won't be disappointed. Can't wait to have an excuse to go back to Barcelona and eat here!

wales
“Fantastic food, wine, service and ambience.”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I always do my research before travelling and when I discovered that this restaurant - number 7 out of all the restaurants in Barcelona was a mere 5 mins walk from our hotel I was determined to visit during our stay. My husband loves his steak and so I figured this would be perfect for a pre-valentine night out - and I was right!
A very unassuming restaurant from outside (like many of the very good restaurants we ate at during our stay) but surprisingly large inside whilst still being cosy and romantic.
A big thank you must go to our waiter Pablo - we decided to put ourselves in his hands, as we did not know which steak to go for and why - we definitely wanted the Argentinian steaks but that was far as we knew. He explained the different flavours and textures we could expect for each cut of meat. We also let him recommend a good wine to compliment the meal - now, I do not drink red wine, personally I think they all taste like vinegar ;o) but to my amazement the wine he choose was very good indeed. We had no idea what the wine would cost so we were expecting it to be a very expensive bottle when the bill came but to our amazement the total bill - 2 starters - 2 large steaks with 2 sides and the bottle of wine was a mere 72 euros!
It was a lovely meal and the steaks were very tasty and tender. I am not the steak aficionado that my husband is so to be honest although delicious I could not tell the difference between the Argentinian steak and normal steak, but don't let this put you off , my husband loves meat! and he thought it was the best steak he had ever had.
Will definitely return when we next visit Barcelona.

2 Thank Kyla P