“Best steak I've ever had”

Restaurante Parrilla Alfonsina
Ranked #74 of 9,396 Restaurants in Barcelona
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Eixample
Lagos, Portugal
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best steak I've ever had”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Went here after reading the good reviews on Tripadvisor and as luck would have it, it was just in the next street to where we were staying in Barcelona. What a great experience. Alfonsina was extremely friendly and helpful, as was the other waitor who was serving us. The place was busy and we were given a free starter while we waited for our main which was a nice touch. We both had steaks, and having tried a lot of different steak places previously, I can honestly say this was the best steak I have ever tasted, it was amazing! We also had desserts - not because we weren't full from the steaks, but just because everything was so good we wanted to keep eating. We were also impressed when the bill came, for steaks, and sides and desserts as well as beer and wine it was a lot cheaper than we were expecting. Definitely eat here if you are in Barcelona and love steak - you won't be disappointed. Can't wait to have an excuse to go back to Barcelona and eat here!

• Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
wales
“Fantastic food, wine, service and ambience.”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I always do my research before travelling and when I discovered that this restaurant - number 7 out of all the restaurants in Barcelona was a mere 5 mins walk from our hotel I was determined to visit during our stay. My husband loves his steak and so I figured this would be perfect for a pre-valentine night out - and I was right!
A very unassuming restaurant from outside (like many of the very good restaurants we ate at during our stay) but surprisingly large inside whilst still being cosy and romantic.
A big thank you must go to our waiter Pablo - we decided to put ourselves in his hands, as we did not know which steak to go for and why - we definitely wanted the Argentinian steaks but that was far as we knew. He explained the different flavours and textures we could expect for each cut of meat. We also let him recommend a good wine to compliment the meal - now, I do not drink red wine, personally I think they all taste like vinegar ;o) but to my amazement the wine he choose was very good indeed. We had no idea what the wine would cost so we were expecting it to be a very expensive bottle when the bill came but to our amazement the total bill - 2 starters - 2 large steaks with 2 sides and the bottle of wine was a mere 72 euros!
It was a lovely meal and the steaks were very tasty and tender. I am not the steak aficionado that my husband is so to be honest although delicious I could not tell the difference between the Argentinian steak and normal steak, but don't let this put you off , my husband loves meat! and he thought it was the best steak he had ever had.
Will definitely return when we next visit Barcelona.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Kyla P
Gibraltar
“Best Argentinean by an Argentinean”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I found this place through Trip Advisor, and the remarks and rating were spot on. I am from Argentina, so I consider myself qualified to rate the quality of the food and I can say is amazing.

My advised menu, get the Provoleta cheese, meat empanadas to start and Solomillo for main with great provencal potatoes. For the women out there, order to New Age white sparkling wine, you will not regret it!

Worth to mention excellent service and great stuff.

My friends and I enjoyed it so much that we had dinner and lunch the next day!!

• Visited January 2013
Palermo, Italy
“very good value”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We had dinner here thanks to Tripadvisor's advices...wonderful meat, potatoes and wine; the waiter was such a nice person. Everyone should have a dinner there to appreciate the real Argentina cousine!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank francescapt
“Excellent meat”
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

We've selected this one based on the reviews and it was in line with expectations. The sirloin steak was very tender, price versus quality was very good. Nice atmosphere, friendly people.
Wine was not expensive at all and side dishes were big enough to be shared.
If you like meat, you should just go there

1 Thank Peter N