1,521 results
All reviewsgothic quartergreat locationrooftop poolstayed at the cataloniacathedral squarepedestrian streetcentral locationprivate terracebarri goticrooms are moderntapaspicasso museumlovely hotelwould definitely stay here againwould highly recommend this hotella ramblalovely room
Reviewed August 30, 2014

There could not be a more perfect location in Barcelona! Spacious rooms, friendly staff, awesome setting. This hotel is on a pedestrian street (most of the streets in this neighborhood are), so there was no traffic noise. However, this same feature caused problems with getting cabs. This is my ONLY criticism of this hotel, but it's one other travelers should plan for. It seemed only certain cab companies had the right to drive on the pedestrian street right up to the hotel. We arranged a shuttle from the airport, but they dropped us off a few blocks away with vague directions. I was very glad the sun was not yet at its peak as we were eight people towing 15 pieces of luggage! When we asked at the front desk they were always able to get cabs to come to the door, but with the return rides it was total chance as to whether they'd drop us off at the door or at the nearest main street. The walk was not bad, but my 80 year old father walks with a cane and it would have been nice to avoid that. I suggest talking to the hotel staff for all cab arrangements.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank JubuOui
dircatedral, Director General at Catalonia Catedral, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2014

Dear guest,
We really appreciate your positive comments about our hotel. The costumer’s opinion is a top priority for us and it help us to constantly improve. I would like to use this opportunity to say that we would like to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed August 29, 2014

Travelled here with a friend for a girly trip and could not have picked a better hotel. The location was fantastic (right near all the shops!) and we found a great terrace bar over the way for evening beverages. The pool on the roof provided lovely calm respite after a hot day of sight-seeing and the rooms were delightful - spacious, clean and very comfortable beds.

We were also particularly impressed by the helpful and friendly staff. Nothing was too hard for them and they made the stay so lovely. It was also amazing that they provided a late check-out facility with a choice of 3pm or 6pm departure from the room - never before have I come across such flexible options to allow a wonderful long last day.

Many thanks to all the staff for a fantastic stay

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you very much for choose us for your stay in Barcelona.

We are more than glad that your overall experience at our hotel was wonderful!

We take the chance to thank you for your very high reviews about our services and facilities.

We constantly strive to exceed our guests expectation and it is extremely satisfying to read that our efforts do not go unnoticed.

We definitely are looking forward to welcoming you again at the Catalonia Catedral Hotel.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

Travelling solo in a new city can be challenging. This hotel was perfect for me. My room was spacious, well appointed and gorgeous. The location was perfectly close to the attractions I most wanted to be near: the streets of the gothic quarter, the palace of music and the Picasso museum. But the staff were the biggest surprise: friendly, helpful, kind and patient. They took the time to help me navigate this wonderful city. They helped me fi d restaurants, book concert tickets and navigate the train system. With a home base like that, I had the heart and energy to explore and adventure. Such a great hotel.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank earthlilly
dircatedral, Director General at Catalonia Catedral, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

Reviewed August 24, 2014

Booked the hotel based on hotel reviews. Now all the positives, great location, great staff, great breakfast, clean and comfortable rooms, quite room and did I mention the breakfast. Would highly recommend hotel

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Mike02

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We loved our stay here! The rooms are a great size, very clean and modern- hardwood floors & marble bathroom. We were walking distance from shopping, eating and tourist attractions. We highly recommend this hotel! The staff spoke English and was very helpful! Just FYI, the WiFi took a very long time to connect to (30 minutes) so don't be alarmed. They said they have been informed of the issue, it happens a lot with Iphones, but once you connect, there are no more issues.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travellover015
dircatedral, Director General at Catalonia Catedral, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2014