we chose this hotel for its location, which was perfect for us, in a very pretty and atmospheric district of the city. The reception staff were welcoming on arrival and were outstandingly helpful throughout our stay, giving us useful advice about restaurants, and things to do and see. We loved our room which was on the top floor of the hotel and had a private terrace, so we could sit out and sunbathe and enjoy the street sounds below (buskers etc) without being on view ourselves. The room was decorated in a minimalist/monochrome scheme, very comfortable, bed too big! (could not reach side table...) Bathroom amazing, good attention to detail, even a heated mirror which didn't steam up, and everything looked very clean. We'd paid for breakfast and this was excellent, buffet style with plenty of choice and good quality ingredients , breakfast was served until 11am so time for a lie-in/lazy start to the day, if you wanted this. We didn't use any of the other facilities, checked out the pool but it was freezing (it was march)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- enovated modernist building, Catalonia Catedral Hotel is located in the heart of the Gothic Quarter of Barcelona.The hotel is by the Cathedral, Plaça Sant Jaume and the unavoidable Portal de l’Àngel. After a day of shopping, cultural visits or just walk down city enjoys a drink in the lobby bar or the international cuisine in the warm Restaurant or just rest of the bustle of the downtown without leaving it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Catalonia Catedral reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Catedral Hotel Barcelona
- Catalonia Catedral Barcelona