As everyone else has said the location is perfect. Right in the hart of the the action. Close to shopping, restaurants, bars, sights, the airport bus, the metro, the rambla (but not right on it so not quite as noisy) - perfect. The hotel itself is also excellent with small but stylish reception area, a nice restaurant, bar and lounge area on the next level with an outdoor terrace, plenty of seating and a restaurant with views over the plaza in front of the hotel. The glass lifts are also a nice touch with views over the central courtyard and if you take it to the top floor you'll find the excellent roof-top pool deck, a great place to relax after a busy day shopping, sightseeing, eating or whatever you've come to Barcelona for.
The room itself was large and very well appointed. We had a corner room with large windows and views over a little plaza below. The bed was big and comfortable, the bathroom spotlessly clean and all the usual amenities were there including free wifi.
Service too was excellent, friendly, efficient and happy to accommodate special requests (we were sick at this point in our trip and the hotel organised a doctor to come to our room) including a late check out for 30EUR (a fee which was waived at check out anyway), which was very convenient as we had a 6pm flight out - it meant our afternoon could be spent relaxing on the pool deck before a 12 hour flight rather than killing time in an airport or in the streets of Barcelona.
We also ate in the restaurant here and it was very good. Kind of spanish accented french cuisine, with some interesting options as well as some old favourites. And, of course, great service. We didn't have the breakfast as there are any number of cafes and bakeries within a 5min walk.
Overall - excellent. A great choice for a stay in Barcelona.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- enovated modernist building, Catalonia Catedral Hotel is located in the heart of the Gothic Quarter of Barcelona.The hotel is by the Cathedral, Plaça Sant Jaume and the unavoidable Portal de l’Àngel. After a day of shopping, cultural visits or just walk down city enjoys a drink in the lobby bar or the international cuisine in the warm Restaurant or just rest of the bustle of the downtown without leaving it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Catalonia Catedral reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Catedral Hotel Barcelona
- Catalonia Catedral Barcelona