“Excellent food, magnificent location!”

La Font del Gat Restaurant
Ranked #2,911 of 10,607 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Montjuic
Reviewed April 26, 2012

During our 4 days stay in Barcelona, we went to several different restaurants. I must admit that La Font del Gat was the best restaurant we visited, especially to have a great lunch in the afternoon! The wonderful terrace in the middle of the magical Jardins of the Montjuic, in combination with a low-priced but very high-quality meal makes this restaurant one of the most amazing places in town!

1  Thank Seppe O

Reviewed March 15, 2012

Situated next to the Greek theatre on montjuic park is a lovely courtyard with beverages and a compact menu.

1  Thank Glyn3147
Reviewed February 17, 2012

The place is in the middle of Barcelona in a very nice location in a public garden. The area is very silent despite being in the middle of Barcelona. The food was pretty good and the service also.
The price was exteremly competitive.

1  Thank Torino74
Reviewed May 26, 2010

worth it if you have the time and good humour; for lunch between a visit to Miro and Andalucian Art Museum; walk down from Miro into this unknown park. You have to charm the waiter(esse)s into a positive treatment

Reviewed July 31, 2009

My husband and I chanced upon this restaurant during our last day exploring Barcelona. It is in the middle of a park and seating is outdoors. The location is quaint and charming. Seeing as we are both huge cat lovers, we thought it would be the perfect spot for our last lunch. We were wrong. We sat down and waited. They weren't busy (I'm talking four other tables) and we saw plenty of waiters milling about. After about 15 minutes of sitting, I flagged a waiter down and asked for a menu. He looked at me as if I had just insulted him and flung a menu from the guy he had just been serving on our table and left. We thought this was very rude, but were hungry and decided to stay. The menu was not impressive and things were overpriced, but we made our selection. And then we waited. And waited. After another 20 minutes of looking around and trying to get someone, a waiter finally came over to our table, plonked a "Reserved" sign on our table, and promptly left!! I think we sat another 10 minutes in stunned silence and then got up and left. What a nightmare!! I have never been treated so badly at a restaurant in my life!

3  Thank nessie421