“Great Little Gem”

Hotel Praktik Rambla
Ranked #75 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed here last May but I just realized I forgot to write a review. We read a lot of reviews online that we shouldn't stay on Las Ramblas so we stayed here upon the recommendation of a friend. This hotel is in a perfect location! It's in an area called Catalunya which is full of shopping and restaurants. It is a 5 minute walk to the double decker city bus and touristic center to book other trips. It is less than 10 minutes from Las Ramblas and if you really feel up to it, you can even walk to La Barceloneta (the beach) which is probably about a 30 minute walk. The front desk staff is very nice and super helpful. Very knowledgable about touristy type questions as well.
The hotel itself is very tiny and quaint. Typical European style. The good thing is, while in Barcelona, you will barely spend any time in the hotel. The room itself is super small but the bathroom is a very nice size. The hotel is very modern and clean. There is a courtyard area on the roof with lounge chairs that is really nice. There is no kitchen or bar on premises but food and drinks can be found right next door and all around the area.
We spent 4 days there and one day we did the double decker bus tour which I would highly recommend to see all of Gaudi's work. We also did a day trip to Montserrat- just took the train out there which was super easy. The views were just gorgeous. We went to a flamenco show, visited the impressive W Hotel, ate some great food, got lost in Boqueria, hung out at the beach, partied with the locals and walked the entire city. It was an amazing trip in one of the most amazing cities. And this hotel made all of it a little more enjoyable and a lot easier!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Puja R
praktikrambla, Director General at Hotel Praktik Rambla, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for the comment after all this time! Thank you also for sharing your experience at the Praktik Rambla with other guests who will definetly come after reading your nice comment.

The size of the rooms are different, depending on the type of room you select at the time of reservation. In my website there are explanations and pictures of all of them. As we are a Historic Building, the size of each rooms depend on the original wall of the building, as we cannot change or touch anything as it is protected by the Patrimonial laws, that is why we did standard rooms and superior rooms, which are bigger and exterior.

We hope to see you again with us in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Praktik Rambla

Reviewed February 18, 2012

My mother and I really liked how kind and friendly the staff were. When I had some problem with the room and I was really upset, a stuff at the reception dealt with it as soon as possible.
We really appreciate them trying really hard to do whatever we asked. Moreover, the location was really convenient to take metro and the room was so nice and clean. We would love to stay this hotel again.
However , it would have been even better if there had been a mini bar in the room.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank zooc0904

Dear Guest

Thank you for your nice comment in Tripadvisor. I am glad to see that all my guests enjoy their stays and espetially thanks to the efforts of all my staff. They work hard every day to provide the best service to every single of our guests.

We hope to see you in the near future back in the Praktik Rambla.

Regards

Reviewed February 17, 2012

Just returned from a two night stay here. Thought the location was great, a few blocks from las ramblas and in the shopping area. Rooms were a little sterile and didn’t particular enjoy the rain shower head. With that said the room was fairly quiet and the staff was extremely pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sarah W

Dear Sarah

Thank you for your nice review. I am glad to hear you had a very good impression about all our staff and we helped to make your stay more enjoyable.

Remember on your next stay that in all our showers you have the handset in case you don't like the rain shower head.

Best regards!

Reviewed February 15, 2012

Very nice clean and trendy hotel. Very good location in the city, easy to get to all the shops! Bathroom was lovely, large walk in shower, very clean. The only down side was the lounge - It was a really nice room but doesn't appear to be used very well. There is no bar or cafe which seemed slightly strange as it would have been a lovely environment for one.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KatLLondon

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review. The reason why there is no bar is because there are a couple of rooms at the lounge and the bar will produce noise which can annoy the other guests. Also the offer of bars is so big around the hotel that all our guests are allowed to bring drinks and enjoy them in our terrace or lounge.

Thank you again for your comment and we hope to see you soon with us.

Regards

Reviewed February 12, 2012

Let me start off by saying that we managed to get a fabulous room in the hotel. We booked the cheapest double option, but on arrival were upgraded to a massive third floor room with a balcony overlooking Rambla Catalunya. The bathroom was indeed spectacular, as you can see in many of the contributors pictures, with dark green tiling and an amazing wet-room shower. The bed was HUGE. Although it was obviously two beds together, they seemed to be both massive in the first place and the resulting double was big enough for a game of football! The air-conditioning (or heating when we were there!) seemed to work well enough, if a little noisy, but no more so than any other air-con unit I've encountered. The balcony was an unexpected bonus and although it was a little noisy on the Saturday evening, it was no more than you would expect from a city the size, and with the culture, of Barcelona.

So, what could be improved? Well, the only fault I could find was there was absolutely no way to get any drinks or snacks from within the hotel. That may not seem like a huge thing but, with the air-con on all night, if you get a thirst or something you're kind of stuck. A well placed vending machine in the gorgeous lounge area (with a spectacular terrace) would be a great idea (and maybe a little profit centre for the hotel?)

The staff were extremely polite and answered every query we had with a smile. The hotel itself is very well placed close to Passeig de Gracia station, and just a short walk to La Rambla.

There is a fantastic tapas bar and a restaurant either side of the hotel and they offer a 10% discount to residents. The Cod is spectacular in the restaurant by the way!

Thoroughly recommended, and we would struggle to think of staying anywhere else for our next visit.

Room Tip: It seems to be the hotels policy to upgrade whenever possible. We checked-in very early and went at...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MRH_UK2008
praktikrambla, Director General at Hotel Praktik Rambla, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2012

Dear Guest!

Thank you for your review! I am very glad to see that you enjoyed your stay that much!

As you well said, it is our policy to provide with free upgrades at the arrival time if available, we cannot obviously garantee the upgrade but we always do our best to please our guests.

We sell water at the reception for your disposal at 1€ per bottle, so you can get it whenever you need it.

I will be very pleased to welcome you again in our hotel for your next visit to Barcelona.

Reviewed February 9, 2012

Great location! Within walking distance of Plaça Catalunya, is close to several subway and bus lines, various shops of famous brands, excellent restaurants and major tourist attractions of Barcelona. In addition, the building of the early 19th century is an attraction on its own: a very beautiful facade and full of nice architectural details inside.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank akarlstroem
praktikrambla, Director General at Hotel Praktik Rambla, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2012

Dear Guest

All our hotels are located in the center of Barcelona as you well said, and we always try to look for the best posible location, near all the mail atractions and in the best area of the city.

The decoration of the hotel is done by the famous Lazaro Rosa-Violan, which made a great work mixing the old style of the building with the modern styles....

We hope to see you soon again with us...

Reviewed February 8, 2012

My stay here was better than average but i don't know if I would say very good. I would say good best describes it. So I visited Barcelona for three days in January and not sure where to stay. I found Praktik through Tripadvisor and it got good reviews so I thought I would check it out for myself. As soon as I booked my non refundable stay I saw a pop up advertising their sister hotel about five minutes away for about 30% less so that was a bummer. I still got a reduced price with Praktik Rambla (probably because it's winter season) and if you stay for three or more nights you get a free 10 ride metrocard. I booked a room with two twin beds for myself and guest but we were upgraded to a room with King bed. When we were told of the upgrade at the front desk I didn't understand that there was only one bed, I just thought the whole room was larger. Luckily I was with my mother so we didn't mind sharing the bed and when we got to the room we found it was just two twins put together to equal the king (did they not want to take the time to separate the beds?) so the room was probably about the same size as a double twin anyway. Some people might consider the room to be small but I thought it was very spacious for European standards. There was plenty of room to move around the bed and the bathroom was quite large. *Bonus* the bathroom has a good strong hairdryer! The decor of the room and bath was dark and sleek and the hotel had an overall Gothic look to it and it was pretty. There IS an elevator here and it does hold more than ONE person. Anyone who has been in a French elevator knows how small they can get. The front desk staff were friendly and guided us to various locations by map. There is free wifi although the signal can get a little weak on tablets I had no problem with my laptop. There is also free use of a computer near the lounge. There is no kitchen on site so if you order breakfast you actually take it at the restaurant right next door. My only annoyance during my stay was being woken up by my neighbor practicing guitar. We asked the front desk to take care of it and they did contact the room but the quiet only lasted a few minutes. We gave up and left the room. So just beware that the walls are thin. On a positive note,one of the best things about this hotel is the location. It is on Rambla de Catalunya which is full of restaurants and shops. You can spend the whole day just walking up and down this street. It is only two blocks from Placa Catalunya which is where the open top tour buses, 10 min walk to La Boqueria, and 2 min walk to Passeig de Gracia, so for tourists I recommend this hotel. I would consider coming back to this hotel if I can get the same rate again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family