All reviewsbarcelona sants stationone bedroom suiteown mealsfull kitchengreat apartmentnear the train stationgreat place to stayminute walkvisiting barcelonasofa bedmetro lineraquelcityaccommodationsdishwasherlaundryreceptionist
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stayed here over Christmas time, and loved it!
The Suites were easy to find after catching the bus from the airport, only took about 20 minutes to get into the Suite after leaving the airport.
The receptionist was very nice, helpful and polite, because of the Christmas holidays, she informed us where and when the restaurants and shops would be closed and gave us maps, and information for the trains/underground/buses and taxis.
We walked to the Nou camp stadium, and to the Olympic stadium... a fair distance, but nice areas!
Quite a long walk to the Gothic area and La Ramblas, but the main Avenue to walk along, was lined with Christmas market stalls, again a fair walk, but felt very safe!
The Suite was fantastic, clean and fresh...Could live in it!! Facilities were quality, Ok, you have to go and buy stuff (washing up,cleaning and food) but thats what you expect from a Suite/aprartment.
We liked it so much, we cooked Christmas dinner in the kitchen, rather that going out to find somewhere!!
Would highly recommend staying at the Urban Suites, and will be staying here again!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Isabel_Direccion, Public Relations Manager at The Urban Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear robbiejohnevans,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write such a nice review, even some months after you were here, you have remembered us!

And thanks for apreciating our work :)

We hope to see you soon, maybe next Christmas?

Big hug and best regards,

Raquel, Isa, Sandra and Nuria

Reviewed August 3, 2012

After reading the reviews, I was expecting a little bit more. We arrived via train and the hotel was within walking distance from the train station which was nice. We felt safe in this mainly residential neighborhood. We didn't like all the graffiti we observed in the neighborhood. We arrived early in the morning and understandably we weren't able to get our room right away nor did we expect this. The reception we received from the office was not as represented here in previous posts. We received average customer service and at times it seemed as though we were being a bother. Maybe they were having a bad day, I don't know. The size of the suites was comfortable. We did use the kitchen and made coffee and breakfast daily and it was adequate. For the most part the apartment was clean, except in the kitchen there was food all over the wall by the trash can. What was strange was that they did not provide washcloths so we had to make due. Also, the reason we chose here was mainly a washer and dryer. Well, they had 2 driers, neither of which worked. We had to hang clothes all over the apartment. The apartments are close to the metro but really would have preferred to be closer to main attractions. The hallways were very dark and dungeon like and we could hear people entering and leaving their suites at all hours. Ate at the pizza place close by and it was good and inexpensive.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank frodo33

Dear frodo33,

First of all, our apologies if we have made you feel that you were bothering us. Noone of our guest bother us, we are always at the reception to listen to your requests and answer them happily.

We are surprised about what you say of the washcloths and we are very sorry if you did not have it at the apartment, because we always provide two towels per person (one big and the another one small).

Again our apologies, because this time we did not reach our goal, that is to make you feel at home in our suites.

Thanks for the description about the area.

Raquel, Isa, Sandra and Nuria

Raquel, Isa, Nuria and Sandra

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Really enjoyed our weekend here. Rooms were comfortable and rooms were clean and airy and apartment staff very helpful Location close to the metro and hop on/ off bus. Would stay here again on next trip to Barcelona. We got a taxi here, however airport bus and train station are all close by.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Isabel_Direccion, Public Relations Manager at The Urban Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear lobbie,

Thanks a lot for the nice review.

We hope to see you in the nearly future.

Isa, Raquel, Nuria and Sandra

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We booked this hotel through booking.com. When we chose the room, it stated that it had a terrace. When we arrived here, there was no terrace with the room, only a public terrace on the roof. Confronted the staff about it and told her that it is unacceptable, because we made the reservation based on the information that we would have an apartment/suite with a private terrace or balcony. Staff waved it away like it was normal. I asked for a solution, but she had to talk to the manager. The manager came in the next day, but informed me that they can upgrade me to a room with a balcony, but I had to pay 25 euros extra per night, because the room was bigger. Told her that I'm not responsible for a mistake that they made. Within 5 minutes the word terrace on the website of booking.com was changed too: Rooftop terrace. This was all yesterday...today I finally had the change of speaking to the manager, but they still tell you no, because it's the fault of everybody, but themselves. Booking should pay them the money that they miss for the room with the balcony, If I don't pay. Well, that's her story, but I'm wondering, if you buy a red car, but they deliver a black one....is it then the buyers fault and should he pay extra to get a red one? Don't think so! I almost never stay at a hotel, mostly stay in appartments, because I travel a lot for work, but I have never been to a place that looks rather nice (kind of an Ikea showroom) where the staff won't even admit their mistakes, take the blame and go with it! Never have I seen a manager react the way she does, she took it all personal and started to throw around folders and stuff. She was pissed, to say the least, because I didn't want to pay extra, or leave and pay half my stay (9 nights/1400euro) Told her I leave tomorrow and pay the nights that we stayed here and thats it. Called Booking.com through all this and they were very helpfull. They called the manager as well, but she was rude to them as well, so she made a good impression on the staff of booking.com.
My bitter sweet fantasy will be that they kick them of their website and there business will slow down. Then I see tgat they received an award sticker on the door from tripadvisor for 2012! Did tripadvisor ever stayed here? Mismanagement from the topshelves, blame everyone but themselves, move the problem from 1 person to another, but never take their responsibilities! Urban Suites in Barcelona will be my badest experience in years, never will i pass on customers to them. Unprofesional Ikea Showroom with a bad attitude! ;o(

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank d3nnisl
Isabel_Direccion, Public Relations Manager at The Urban Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Dear d3nnisl,

I am going to tell our side of the story for the TripAdvisor’s readers to have both versions.

When I showed you the suite, everything seemed to be fine until you asked for the terrace. I told you that the suite does not have it and you answered that the terrace was one of the reason why you booked at the urban. I took you to the reception to confront the information on booking.com, because I could not believe that you saw it. I explained you that some time ago we asked for booking.com to put “common terrace” or “roof terrace” on the general description. We saw together that description was ok and the pictures too, but in “room facilities” instead of
appearing “roof terrace” or “common terrace” appeared terrace. And, as you have written, we changed it at the next minute, but we changed it because we have never pretended to offer something that we don´t have.

As I could not offer you an apartment with terrace, I told you that you could cancel without penalty, because I did not want you to be unhappy. Also, that if you decided to stay, Isa would offer you a discount next morning because of this misunderstanding. And it is what she offered you: the apartment with balcony for an increment of only 25€ per day, which costs the double of the suite for 2 people you had reserved (because the apartment has two bedrooms, two bathrooms, kitchen, living room and double sofa bed).

We talked to Booking.com to clear out why this happened, but we never told you that this problem started 6 months ago as you have mentioned, overcoat because booking told us that this problem started 7th July, as I have already told you in all the social media in which you have accused us of scam. Also, I explained you that this mistake is not ours and we are still in contact with booking to solve it. Booking did not give us any solution, either offer itself to pay the difference as you mentioned.

We are sorry because we don´t like to have such a bad ends with nobody and we just want to finish it. We hope you enjoy the rest of your deserved holidays.

Raquel, Isa, Nuria and Sandra

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Came to Barcelona for World Juniors at The Olympic Stadium.My Wife and I stayed at Urban Suites and my Daughter with Athletics Australia 20 Km Away
No problem, with the choice of 3 stations and trains every three minutes only a few minutes walk away we got around Barcelona without a car and would highly recommend not having one.
Les Ramblas 10 Minutes by train if you want Chaos and crowds... or the local bars, supermarkets, shopping centres and coffe shops all around the Urban Suites
TapaTapa next to Barcelona Arena a converted modern shopping centre.. bent over backwards to supply Gluten free food fo my Daughter.
Isa and her staff just wonderful and apartments and Bed so comfortable. Lovely People

Stephen Whittaker

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank stephenwhittaker
Isabel_Direccion, Public Relations Manager at The Urban Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Dear stephenwhittaker,

Thanks a lot for writing us such a nice review and thanks for the email too.

It was a pleasure to host you and share that interesting conversations.

We hope your daughter has good knees after the fall.

And of course we hope to see you over here again!

Big hug to you and your family,

Isa, Raquel, Nuria and Sandra