All reviewsbarcelona sants stationone bedroom suiteown mealsfull kitchengreat apartmentnear the train stationgreat place to stayminute walkvisiting barcelonasofa bedmetro lineraquelcityaccommodationsdishwasherlaundryreceptionist
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Really enjoyed our weekend here. Rooms were comfortable and rooms were clean and airy and apartment staff very helpful Location close to the metro and hop on/ off bus. Would stay here again on next trip to Barcelona. We got a taxi here, however airport bus and train station are all close by.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Isabel_Direccion, Public Relations Manager at The Urban Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear lobbie,

Thanks a lot for the nice review.

We hope to see you in the nearly future.

Best regards,

Isa, Raquel, Nuria and Sandra

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We booked this hotel through booking.com. When we chose the room, it stated that it had a terrace. When we arrived here, there was no terrace with the room, only a public terrace on the roof. Confronted the staff about it and told her that it is unacceptable, because we made the reservation based on the information that we would have an apartment/suite with a private terrace or balcony. Staff waved it away like it was normal. I asked for a solution, but she had to talk to the manager. The manager came in the next day, but informed me that they can upgrade me to a room with a balcony, but I had to pay 25 euros extra per night, because the room was bigger. Told her that I'm not responsible for a mistake that they made. Within 5 minutes the word terrace on the website of booking.com was changed too: Rooftop terrace. This was all yesterday...today I finally had the change of speaking to the manager, but they still tell you no, because it's the fault of everybody, but themselves. Booking should pay them the money that they miss for the room with the balcony, If I don't pay. Well, that's her story, but I'm wondering, if you buy a red car, but they deliver a black one....is it then the buyers fault and should he pay extra to get a red one? Don't think so! I almost never stay at a hotel, mostly stay in appartments, because I travel a lot for work, but I have never been to a place that looks rather nice (kind of an Ikea showroom) where the staff won't even admit their mistakes, take the blame and go with it! Never have I seen a manager react the way she does, she took it all personal and started to throw around folders and stuff. She was pissed, to say the least, because I didn't want to pay extra, or leave and pay half my stay (9 nights/1400euro) Told her I leave tomorrow and pay the nights that we stayed here and thats it. Called Booking.com through all this and they were very helpfull. They called the manager as well, but she was rude to them as well, so she made a good impression on the staff of booking.com.
My bitter sweet fantasy will be that they kick them of their website and there business will slow down. Then I see tgat they received an award sticker on the door from tripadvisor for 2012! Did tripadvisor ever stayed here? Mismanagement from the topshelves, blame everyone but themselves, move the problem from 1 person to another, but never take their responsibilities! Urban Suites in Barcelona will be my badest experience in years, never will i pass on customers to them. Unprofesional Ikea Showroom with a bad attitude! ;o(

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank d3nnisl
Isabel_Direccion, Public Relations Manager at The Urban Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Dear d3nnisl,

I am going to tell our side of the story for the TripAdvisor’s readers to have both versions.

When I showed you the suite, everything seemed to be fine until you asked for the terrace. I told you that the suite does not have it and you answered that the terrace was one of the reason why you booked at the urban. I took you to the reception to confront the information on booking.com, because I could not believe that you saw it. I explained you that some time ago we asked for booking.com to put “common terrace” or “roof terrace” on the general description. We saw together that description was ok and the pictures too, but in “room facilities” instead of
appearing “roof terrace” or “common terrace” appeared terrace. And, as you have written, we changed it at the next minute, but we changed it because we have never pretended to offer something that we don´t have.

As I could not offer you an apartment with terrace, I told you that you could cancel without penalty, because I did not want you to be unhappy. Also, that if you decided to stay, Isa would offer you a discount next morning because of this misunderstanding. And it is what she offered you: the apartment with balcony for an increment of only 25€ per day, which costs the double of the suite for 2 people you had reserved (because the apartment has two bedrooms, two bathrooms, kitchen, living room and double sofa bed).

We talked to Booking.com to clear out why this happened, but we never told you that this problem started 6 months ago as you have mentioned, overcoat because booking told us that this problem started 7th July, as I have already told you in all the social media in which you have accused us of scam. Also, I explained you that this mistake is not ours and we are still in contact with booking to solve it. Booking did not give us any solution, either offer itself to pay the difference as you mentioned.

We are sorry because we don´t like to have such a bad ends with nobody and we just want to finish it. We hope you enjoy the rest of your deserved holidays.

Raquel, Isa, Nuria and Sandra

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Came to Barcelona for World Juniors at The Olympic Stadium.My Wife and I stayed at Urban Suites and my Daughter with Athletics Australia 20 Km Away
No problem, with the choice of 3 stations and trains every three minutes only a few minutes walk away we got around Barcelona without a car and would highly recommend not having one.
Les Ramblas 10 Minutes by train if you want Chaos and crowds... or the local bars, supermarkets, shopping centres and coffe shops all around the Urban Suites
TapaTapa next to Barcelona Arena a converted modern shopping centre.. bent over backwards to supply Gluten free food fo my Daughter.
Isa and her staff just wonderful and apartments and Bed so comfortable. Lovely People

Stephen Whittaker

1  Thank stephenwhittaker
Isabel_Direccion, Public Relations Manager at The Urban Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Dear stephenwhittaker,

Thanks a lot for writing us such a nice review and thanks for the email too.

It was a pleasure to host you and share that interesting conversations.

We hope your daughter has good knees after the fall.

And of course we hope to see you over here again!

Big hug to you and your family,

Isa, Raquel, Nuria and Sandra

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Arrived 1 hr earlier than our already early arrival time. Stored our luggage in office while we got something to eat and bought tickets to hop-on, hop-off bus, and took a ride around on the bus.
The first night, my husband's wallet was pick-pocketed at the Magic Fountain; and though we did not realize our phone was not connected in the hotel room (after waiting forever at police station to use phone to call VISA, and deciding to go back to hotel and call collect), and being very frustrated trying to use our room phone that night, Isabel was extremely helpful the next morning in allowing us to use office phone, and helping us dial numerous numbers and tie up her desk, give her number as a call back, offering to give us cash through hotel, etc. Then she helped us with recommendations for better tapas restaurants the next night.
Room could have been cooler, and wish we had known that phone was never going to work that first night, but Isabel was SO helpful and pleasant, and room so well decorated and clean, that the negative was far out-weighed by the positive, esp Isabel's kindness and helpfulness.

Dear Dana B,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write the review.

We have learned with you that we have to offer to all the guest at the check in the telephone service to make calls (to received them is already activated) :) The information book is not read by everyone!

It´s been a pleasure for us to host you and it would be wonderfull to see you in the nearly future.

Big hug,

isa, Raquel and Cristina

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights. The interiors are nice and modern, and the apartment is reasonably equipped, except for a lack of proper kitchen utensils. The close proximity to both a metro station, regional train station, super-market and even shopping center all make it well located.

This is where the positives end. There are absolutely NO proper seals on the windows, and some apartments overlook the junction of some streets. If you are unlucky enough to get one of these, you will suffer TERRIBLY. (We were eventually moved, but with some reluctance which was not professional, given the high price we paid for this accommodation.)

There is not only road noise, but also human noise from the pizzeria across from the street, and last but not least noise from the inside of the apartment due to people slamming their doors. (Door is also hardly soundproofed.) Unless you are the type of person that sleeps through a thunderstorm, this place will really fail to impress. A good nights sleep is quite under-rated these days, especially when you exhaust yourself to pieces in a city like Barcelona during the day.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms that overlook the intersection of the streets at all costs, if you want a single wink of sleep!
2  Thank SgtIncontro51
Isabel_Direccion, Public Relations Manager at The Urban Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Dear SgtIncontro51,

We are really sorry to read such a bad review because we made our best to make your stay as good as we could.

Our company policy is to help to the guest in everything she or he needs, that´s why we were always available for you.

One example is when you just arrived and you realized that you forgot your credit card, Isabel offered to lend you money.

When you asked for us to change of suite because of the noise of the terrace at 8.30 pm, we did not doubt about doing it. But as we told you in that moment, we were totally full and we couldn´t move you until one of the suites were free, we are in high season now. And the bars with terrace in Barcelona has license to be open at that time.

When you asked for help to buy the tickets for the Sagrada Familia, we spent 15 minutes in the cash machine with you and your son doing it, but you finally decide not to buy them... We spent more time with you planning your trips to Montserrat and Sitges and we resolved any doubt you had about Barcelona. But still your thoughts are only about the noise of the terrace.

It is very sad for us to read such a negative review, believe us...
And last but not least, we would love to know what you missed in the kitchen, because obviously, it´s not a restaurant kitchen, but you have all the necessary utensils to eat and cook: from a corkscrew to an oven, pots, cups, plates, knives, juicer, kettle, vitroceramic...

Our apologies to you and the friend who suggested us.

Anyway, we send to you and your two boys a big hug and we hope that you enjoy all the future trips you make together.

Best regards,