“Great Wine Tour”

Costa Brava Coast Hike from Barcelona Including Lunch
Ranked #3 of 177 Food & Drink in Barcelona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Spanish Trails was born in 2001 as one of the first small group (max. 8 pers.) day tour companies and incoming travel agencies to experience the best of what Barcelona and all of Catalunya, Spain have to offer. Our year-round, regularly scheduled day tours are all-inclusive fully guided all day experiences, though guests are more than welcome to explore on their own. We cover the corners of Catalunya including the Costa Brava, Pyrenees, Girona, Montserrat and Penedes and Priorat wine regions, as well as half and full day Barcelona city tours and food & wine tours. We also specialize in customized family tours, private touring and small group events. We use comfortable touring vans and our staff are fun, experienced local guides with a deep love and knowledge of the regional history and culture. We have proudly served over 17,000 clients over the last 16 years. See you soon! The Spanish Trails team.
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We did the Penedes Wine Tour in December with Spanish Trails and had a really enjoyable time. After meeting our guide Alex in the morning, we drove up to an organic winery and learnt all about the wine making process. We then tasted several of their selection, before moving on to another, smaller winery, where we had an amazing traditional Spanish lunch in the cellar and enjoyed more wines with our meal. Alex was an excellent guide, very knowledgeable, and a really nice guy. All in all we had a fantastic day, and would definitely use Spanish Trails if we're ever back in Barcelona.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

For my first night in Barcelona I booked the Spanish Trails Evening Tapas tour. It was recommended to me by friends and what a great introduction to Barcelona, it's history, culture and food and wine. Our guide for the evening was Danny - a great host and full of interesting tales. I was the solo traveller and thoroughly enjoyed the company of two other couples - one on their honeymoon and the other celebrating many years of happiness together. In fact, Barcelona and this tour were so good, that I've made changes to my travel plans and return to Barcelona tomorrow and have booked for another Tapas tour by night. As a solo female traveller, this is in my opinion a great way to get out and about at night. I've received a discount for participating in another one of their many tours and Danny has arranged a different guide and different bars so it's all still new and exciting for me. I'm sure their other tours are just as great, if only I had more time!!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

In mid-December, four of us traveled to the beautiful Montserrat with Spanish Trails, having Alex as our guide. It was a wonderful day and Alex was a delight: knowledgeable, accommodating and entertaining, with a wonderful sense of humor. His English is excellent and our stop for lunch was a highlight of all the meals we had on our seventeen day trip. We would highly recommend this company and guide.

1  Thank Mary Y
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My teen daughter and I took two separate tours through Spanish trails during our week in Barcelona. First we went to the Salvador Dali museum and visited the city of Girona. At Girona, I felt our guide, Daniel, was sensitive to the walking capacity of one of the ladies on our small tour and gave her the option of waiting in the cathedral museum museum while we hiked up to a fabulous view.
Our tour to Montserrat was perfectly timed to see the sights early before the crowds arrived and the winery tour that followed was in a wonderful location.
Our tour guide, Daniel, was so entertaining. It is evident he loves to share the history of the destinations we visited. My teen and I learned a lot about the history and politics of Spain and his theatrical impersonations of different historical figures was hilarious and engaging. He shared lots of interesting trivia about the region we were in.
Lunch was included in the tour. The locations were nice and the food was good. I liked that all entrances and meals were included in the price.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I spent a perfectly delightful Christmas Eve afternoon with Andrew of Spanish Trails Tours. Andrew took us to four different tapas bars in four unique neighborhoods where he introduced us to Catalan regional foods and wines. He explained the history and culture of what we were enjoying. We also learned quite a bit about Catalonia and the various neighborhoods of Barcelona. I highly recommend Spanish Trails based on our experience with Andrew. We are excited to plan a return visit!