“Divine W Hotel, Barcelona. Muy Caliente”
Review of W Barcelona

W Barcelona
Ranked #123 of 519 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 6, 2011

Absolutely amazing, finest of touches and details. Ambience and all staff fab. Great location. Magnificent. Even cool DJs. Luxurious. I love Barcelona anyway and the weather and this hotel ..well you must visit...

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank UtopiaUk
Write a ReviewReviews (6,598)

Reviewed February 6, 2011

I've seen many hotels in the world and wasn't impressed with W experience! Service can absolutely be improved
BAD COMMENTS:
Location is some miles away from everything. Walking with a sunny day is fine until you reach Barceloneta… but at night, or as soon as it's dark especially in winter time, taxi is strongly recommended.
You can forget privacy in the room - ok for couples but less for friends. you can see through the frosted glass in the shower and bathroom!
Cleaning in the rooms have to be improved. Absolutely not 5 stars expectation: housekeeping has to perform better!we left wet robes on the bathroom floor because of the shower, and expecting the housekeeping will change it. Unfortunately, we found same robes hanging.
NO BIDET in a 5 star hotel!!!!The toiletries have never been replaced - enough only for one person!
Bed sheets were not clean - found hair an black spots! A lot of dust!!
2 lamps not working in the room, such a shame especially for the coloured lighting (philips i think)
Not one complimentary bottle of water! you don't expect to pay 4 Euro for a bottle of water - it's simple and easy offering at least tea and coffee making facilities - in that case you are willing to spend 100 Euros or more at the restaurant or bar…otherwise you only want to eat outside!
The bar on 26th floor which had to be a night hot spot, was closed 2 nights for private parties…Seemed more a VIP/escort type of party closed to hotel's guest. Guest were not advices!
Spa area is not that big… disappointing - staff was not present, always away from reception. Such a shame that no hairdryer in the changing room - 5 star service?
OK swimming pool is for summer season, but it could be cleaned and held in a different way.

GOOD COMMENTS:

Bar/lounge area was nice.. but very unfriendly.
In the summer is fine - as close to beach
View from bed are very nice - including automatic opening of curtains
Building design is great and views are very beautiful

W hotel in Barcelona is a hotel where you go once to experience but are not thrilled to go back. There are many hotels in Barcelona, I think if I ever returned I would stay elsewhere. Stayed at AC hotel last time and was much better.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
wbarcelonahotel, Director General at W Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2011

Dear jnb03au,
After reviewing your comments, I can only offer my most sincere and humble apologies for not being able to deliver the service you expect from a W property. I will personally make sure your comments about the cleanliness of the room you stayed in and the replacement of amenities are shared with our Director of Style and that corrective actions are taken.
I have also carefully read that 2 lamps were not working in the room and I can understand how disappointing this must have been. Usually any such faults are detected and rectified prior to the room being allocated. I do apologize that this fault was not brought to the attention of our maintenance team sooner.
We truly believe that the only way to improve is by listening to our customers, we value your feedback.
In the meantime, assuring you of my utmost care and attention at all times, I remain,
Yours sincerely,

W Barcelona Management

Reviewed February 4, 2011

I thought the hotel was Wonderful, Marvellous and Fabulous.

After I booked this hotel I went on tripadvisor and as most people would got drawn towards the worst reviews, so I was a little apprehensive. But I can tell you my daughter (20) and I had a wonderful time.

The staff were so kind and very attentive, check in went very smoothly we had one person in front of us and a member of staff (a very attractive man and that really goes for all of staff) came and apologised for any delay (2 minutes to be exact) and took our bags. The receptionist was very friendly found our room, checked we had breakfast included. We then were taken to out room on the 12th floor which had a fabulous view and I thought was comfortable with a stylish design.

This hotel is for people who appreciate interior design and as this is my job suited me right down to the ground. All fixtures and fitting are done with thought and impeccable taste.

We went to the ground floor bar on a few occasions we were served immediately, their cocktails seem expensive at 12 euros each but at most restaurants we went to they were at least 8 Euros but the W cocktails are made from fresh ingredients and served with a lovely big bowl of nuts and they really didn't skimp on the alcohol, they were delicious.

The breakfast was marvellous so if you can get a deal with it included its certainly worth it, it has a great selection of fruits, breads, cereals, cakes, ham, cheese, even meatballs and if that doesn't please you they will make you any type of eggs you want. The staff again a very handsome bunch were never far away with coffee and juice everything seemed to be of the highest quality.

I love travelling and have been to many good hotels and I felt this was one I'd definitely revisit if I had the chance. Maybe its because I go with a good attitude and with a fun sense of humour people alway seem to react in a generous and positive way to me.

Sandee Brown

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed January 31, 2011

This hotel's biggest selling points are its seaside location and the modern design of its rooms. We had an unobstructed view of the sea (as do most rooms, I believe). The arrangement of the furnitures, with the bed in the middle of the room and seats along the window, makes the most of that view. However, 15 minutes' walk to the nearest metro station, it is a little far from the bustle of the centre of town.

Reviewed January 29, 2011

Stayed here for business trip in December . The rooms are spacious and I had a beautiful view over the bay. The location was great for me as I needed to be near the Port.
It is expensive but no more than other hotels of its class. Service was brilliant and a trip up to the cocktail bar is a must.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 28, 2011

This very cool and wonderful hotel is fully described by other trip advisors so i will only comment on the location.

I am a walker. I especially love to walk in interesting locations. It will take you 30min to walk around the marina into the "touristic" area of town. It is a world class walk. There are places to stop for a coffee or refreshment. I was there in the winter, so the fantastic beach location was really not applicable. I would pee in my pants to stay here in beach weather!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2011

The "W" is a worldwide guarantee for travelers who seek a fashionable, friendly and at the same time elegant "resort" to lodge in major cities. Based on the experience insofar, the W Barcelona is even above this average status, with a truly impeccable customer service and the indisputably unique sensation of feeling at home, while lodging at a hotel. Courtesy, warmth, efficiency, friendliness, availability, flexibility...patience...are just some of the highlights I would attribute to the W Family. Simply W-Onderful, Whenever, Wherever.