“WOW Wonderful!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
England
“WOW Wonderful!”
Reviewed February 4, 2011

I thought the hotel was Wonderful, Marvellous and Fabulous.

After I booked this hotel I went on tripadvisor and as most people would got drawn towards the worst reviews, so I was a little apprehensive. But I can tell you my daughter (20) and I had a wonderful time.

The staff were so kind and very attentive, check in went very smoothly we had one person in front of us and a member of staff (a very attractive man and that really goes for all of staff) came and apologised for any delay (2 minutes to be exact) and took our bags. The receptionist was very friendly found our room, checked we had breakfast included. We then were taken to out room on the 12th floor which had a fabulous view and I thought was comfortable with a stylish design.

This hotel is for people who appreciate interior design and as this is my job suited me right down to the ground. All fixtures and fitting are done with thought and impeccable taste.

We went to the ground floor bar on a few occasions we were served immediately, their cocktails seem expensive at 12 euros each but at most restaurants we went to they were at least 8 Euros but the W cocktails are made from fresh ingredients and served with a lovely big bowl of nuts and they really didn't skimp on the alcohol, they were delicious.

The breakfast was marvellous so if you can get a deal with it included its certainly worth it, it has a great selection of fruits, breads, cereals, cakes, ham, cheese, even meatballs and if that doesn't please you they will make you any type of eggs you want. The staff again a very handsome bunch were never far away with coffee and juice everything seemed to be of the highest quality.

I love travelling and have been to many good hotels and I felt this was one I'd definitely revisit if I had the chance. Maybe its because I go with a good attitude and with a fun sense of humour people alway seem to react in a generous and positive way to me.

Sandee Brown

• Stayed January 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,200)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed January 31, 2011

This hotel's biggest selling points are its seaside location and the modern design of its rooms. We had an unobstructed view of the sea (as do most rooms, I believe). The arrangement of the furnitures, with the bed in the middle of the room and seats along the window, makes the most of that view. However, 15 minutes' walk to the nearest metro station, it is a little far from the bustle of the centre of town.

chatham
Reviewed January 29, 2011

Stayed here for business trip in December . The rooms are spacious and I had a beautiful view over the bay. The location was great for me as I needed to be near the Port.
It is expensive but no more than other hotels of its class. Service was brilliant and a trip up to the cocktail bar is a must.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
chicago
Reviewed January 28, 2011

This very cool and wonderful hotel is fully described by other trip advisors so i will only comment on the location.

I am a walker. I especially love to walk in interesting locations. It will take you 30min to walk around the marina into the "touristic" area of town. It is a world class walk. There are places to stop for a coffee or refreshment. I was there in the winter, so the fantastic beach location was really not applicable. I would pee in my pants to stay here in beach weather!!!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2011

The "W" is a worldwide guarantee for travelers who seek a fashionable, friendly and at the same time elegant "resort" to lodge in major cities. Based on the experience insofar, the W Barcelona is even above this average status, with a truly impeccable customer service and the indisputably unique sensation of feeling at home, while lodging at a hotel. Courtesy, warmth, efficiency, friendliness, availability, flexibility...patience...are just some of the highlights I would attribute to the W Family. Simply W-Onderful, Whenever, Wherever.

vancouver, canada
Reviewed January 27, 2011

My experience at this hotel was fantastic. I loved the rooms and the breakfasts were outstanding. The gym was nice, views amazing, and I just generally thought it was a great place to stay. You do have to walk a bit, but I didn't mind. 20 minutes to the born district and it was great exercise.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
London
Reviewed January 25, 2011

Check in was a little slow with only one person manning the desk. However, once we got to check in our Gold membership got us an upgrade.
The room was clean and the view was superb. Concierge and staff were generally quite helpful. Some were fairly friendly but I dont think this is generally the case in most W hotels that I have been to.
it was slightly inconveniently located but makes for a peaceful location.

We would definitely go back to stay again!