“Great rooms, cool pool area”
Review of W Barcelona

Ranked #121 of 517 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My sister and I stayed here in May 2013 for a conference that was taking place in Barcelona. The hotel is located steps from the beach with an amazing pool and deck that overlook the water. The service was excellent and the rooms were spacious. We weren't crazy about the food in the restaurant, but if you're in barcelona you shouldn't be stuck frequently eating at your hotel anyway.

The gym is equipped with very new equipment and boasts an expansive view of the ocean from the treadmills/ellipticals

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ChazCS
Write a ReviewReviews (6,502)

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I chose W Barcelona when I was looking for a place to spend my Girlfriends Birthday & Valentines day in one weekend. At first I wasn't necessarily looking for luxury or in particular quite a commercial or high class of hotel either. I intended our stay to be adequate, so we could go into the city & enjoy ourselves. However I came across the W.

It shone out in the photos, the style of the rooms, the architecture but most of all the fact its right on the beach, by the sea. It was also not my cheapest option but I decided to do it anyway.

When we arrived we were astounded. It was huge and very beautiful in the sunlight. Concierge/Porters welcomed us in, took our backs and we checked in with ease. They answered all of our questions, showed us to our room and the look on my girlfriends face was one in a million. Our room was amazing, and we had a sea view. Nothing compared at this point.

Later on in our stay we went down to their 'Whatever/Whenever' desk which is customer information essentially. We were greeted by a lovely chap called Pep. He was excellent in showing us where to go and how to get there. We felt very cared for and truly felt like W Hotels think of everything.

The room was equipped with everything we needed, plenty of space and the best shower. Its design was perfect and had such a huge bed in the middle of it all. Couldn't fault it at all.
The restaurants and cafes were lovely however I will review those separately.

Overall my stay at W Barcelona has begun my love affair with W Hotels and will continue to be a place of reference next time I go to Barcelona. You get what you pay for, and its so very worthwhile.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view! You'll get lucky half the time as either side has great views. Try not to go...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ben C
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I visited Barcelona for the first time last year and was lucky enough to stay at the W hotel. All I can say is WOW! From the moment you pull up to the hotel you know you are about to enter to luxury. The hotel has this cool edgy vibe throughout and when it hits night time the cocktails are amazing. The location is perfect and the views from the rooms are amazing!! All staff are willing to help especially one of the porters who was very helpful in showing us where and where not to go and picking us out all the cool bars and restaurants. Can't wait to head back in July counting down the days already!!

Room Tip: Request beach view we had a marina view last time which was nice but you can't beat looking out...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
WBarcelona, Hotel Manager at W Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear client,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at W Barcelona this past May with other travelers. I am very happy to read that you had a great stay with us and that you are counting down the days already to come back in July. I would much appreciate if you could please write me directly through the Executive Office of the Hotel at elisabeth.vilardell@whotels) informing me of your confirmation number so I can personally looking after you during your stay.

See you soon!

Warmest regards,

Hotel Manager

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I had a 5 day stay which was a extension to a 3 day official program in the same venue. The pros first.
a) I guess this is the best location with an awesome view from the Room. Cant beat
b) The beach is just 200 mtrs walk
c) You have multiple choice of restaurants in the hotel
d) Within a kilometer you can find several cuisines and fine dining restaurants
e) The terrace restaurant over dinner is worth.

Cons to me were,
a) This is pretty much a business hotel. I dont think this will suit the families with small kids
b) The common areas are small and noisy with many people

Otherwise it was a fantastic Stay and would recommend for Business, Friends and Couples

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I spend 3 nights at W Barcelona in September 2013 with my husband as our 10 years anniversary. I travelled with my daughter who was 9 months old. I guess the hotel would have been great if we were alone but it's clearly not kids friendly. Too much noise, music in public areas.
Although the room was very nice it has a great view of the sea and it's very confortable we could not really enjoyed it since with the baby.
It far form the main city atractions but you can easily walk or take a taxi. The far location gives an extra: the beach. Really nice and great views.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LolyB1981
WBarcelona, Hotel Manager at W Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Guest from Buenos Aires,

Thank you very much for staying at W Barcelona last september and thanks for sharing your experience with other travelers. I sincerely regret that you found our hotel not suitable for family stays, and I do apologize if we were not the type of hotel you were looking for. Each guest has its preferences and we fully understand that.
Neverthless, I was happy to see that you liked the room and the views from the hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you again to W but next time alone then!

Kindest regards from Barcelona,

Hotel Manager

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

I absolutely loved this place! It's in the best location and the drinks on the terrace late night are so much fun listening to cool music and winding down is great. Good rooms and the higher you are the better the view and I love it. There are a few restaurants next to the hotel which are worth visiting.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank owen a
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We were there to celebrate my 50th birthday and we had an amazing stay at the W. The room had a spectacular view of the sea and harbour, The beds were very comfortable and the walk in shower was fantastic. There was a large selection at breakfast including a wide range of fresh fruit, fish, meat, breads and pastries. The staff were professional, polite and helpful. It is a bit of a walk to the attractiosn but there is always a line of taxis outside or three busses stop at the bus stop two minutes walk from the front door. We never waited more than two minutes for one to arrive and it is only 2euros. It was a lovely surprise to return to our room on my birthday and find a delicious chocolate dessert waiting for us. Thank you for helping make my birthday very special.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple