7,014 results
All reviewseclipse barbliss spabravo restaurantwet deckfabulous roomcool corner suitebliss productsfloor to ceiling windowsfrosted glasstop floorsea viewmediterranean seamood lightingamazing hotelbarceloneta beachhotel guestslong weekend
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The moment you drive up to the W you know your stay will be amazing. My husband and i stayed for 2 days and we loved every second of it. The view from our room was amazing and the service was true W style. We went to the night club and it was a very entertaining night out. When booking a a room select the city view, it is stunning at night. Enjoy

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2013

we stayed few days , everything was perfect ,smooth check in,room with sea view ,food very delicous ,staff friendly and always at your services ,the bar wow,atmosphere unbelievable ! I highly recommend everyone visiting Barcelona to stay at W hotel . well done and special thanks to Beverage and food staff,housekeeping staff who make our room on time with the taste of W and finally special thanks for Montse for her support .well done W team , I traveled a lot and you are the best. Обязательно приедем еще!

• Stayed: September 2013
Elisabeth38187497, Hotel Manager at W Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Liliane12_12,

Thank you for your feedback following your stay and your nice comments about our property, which I have shared with the Team, specially with Montse, I suppose from our Reservations Department.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you will return soon.
Warm regards,

Hotel Manager
W Barcelona

Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is a five star property with 3 star service. We loved the location on the beach and not far from the Barceloneta Bars and Restaurants.

Breakfast: as expected. Choose Salt to enjoy your coffee with views of the ocean and the coolness of the morning. It's downstairs and near the beach/sand.
Room: Get a Fabulous room. Period. It's the only view worth it.
Cleaning Staff: Our bed was always made, towels and water were sometimes replaced and the room was sometimes tidy. SPG Gold members apparently can always drink the water for free (despite charges listed).
Concierge: Probably better if you are looking for nightlife suggestions but otherwise seemed disinterested (and hungover!)
Staff: A few standouts but generally subpar for a five star hotel. It’s the small things that count. They were not present here but some of the staff were great.

Seems better for couples/singles or party people but they reassured me several times they care about business travelers and families just as much.

Room Tip: Get a fabulous room - the higher the floor the better. The suites on floors 1-6 have no view but are very large if that is what your after. Great location. Pool area is shaded in until about noon.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank sdtravelerHK
Reviewed September 20, 2013

My wife and I visited Barcelona last week for 4 days and would definitely recommend the W hotel. The level of service is extremely high, and the staff are very friendly and helpful.
Rooms are very well appointed, and have a sea view. The hotel has several dining options, and all are very delicious , we tried the Mexican theme night and A La CArte restaurant and we enjoyed both of them . We also ate at the nearby City Center and we have regret because nothing can compare with W restaurants - there are plenty of food concept at beach level better eat every day in different venue where the food guaranteed and the taste , services above expectation . Also I must mention that we enjoyed too much party (night life ) took place at pool level where live music and wide selection of drinks available !
The hotel has an excellent Fitness center attached to it with most of the amenities being free to guests.
The hotel is popular with business people, Fantastic experience in fantastic surroundings.
The staff, one and all, are to be comended on the care that they have shown durng my lengthy stay. The service/care that has been afforded to me has made all the difference whist being away from family & friends for an extended period, certainly an experience that will stay with me forever.
Thank you , thanks Montse for your care and making our stay wonderful
All in all this was an excellent location for a holiday, and we look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Room 535! Sea view ,
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Htoufeily,

Thanks for this review following your stay with us. As from your comments, we understand you enjoyed your stay with us thanks to our several dining options, the night live at our hotel, the Fitness Center and Montse from our Reservations Department I suppose! Your satisfied comments are motivating for all of us and I would like to renew my thanks for your support.

Do hope to welcome you back soon again next time your travels bring you back to Barcelona from Beirut!

Kind regards,

Hotel Manager
W Barcelona

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We decided to book this hotel for one night after a cruise and were not dissapointed. The pool was very cold but the views and beachfront were wonderful. Wait staff was excellent. We happened to stay on a sunday night and were given wristbands for VIP entrance to to pool party which was great fun! The upstairs lounge was a bit small and lacking but downstairs the party ws great.

As for our room I have mixed feelings. The toilet is right next to the shower. We had to call down to have the glass door fixed as it seemed there was a leak and tiles had been replaced and the door did not shut. The carpet was moldy from the water leaking all over the place when you took a shower- straight into the toilet area. The room also had a VERY strong odor of Fabreeze which was overpowering! The staff said the entire hotel smelled like that but I tend to believe the room had smokers in it prior to our stay.

If the rooms had been a bit better maintained I would say that this hotel would be 5 stars but it just missed the mark.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends