“A birthday treat I will never forget”
Review of W Barcelona

Ranked #95 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersSilver level
London
“A birthday treat I will never forget”
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the W for my 40th birthday and had an amazing time. Having read so much about the hotel in advance I was excited to see it first hand. We we're not disappointed. An upgrade saw us on the 5th floor with excellent views of the beach and port. The room was massive and very modern. Contrary to other reviews we found the layout to be superb and we spent a good 20 minutes checking out the facilities. We booked into Bravo24 for dinner which was incredible. Food, service & wine were all great. The staff had very kindly brought over a little cake and also we had 2 bottles of cava with a birthday greeting in the room. Very modern, very chic and would love to come back sometime soon.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank The_Camera_Smasher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,181)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The view from our hotel room blew me away! I had a picture perfect beach view to die for.
I don't think I will ever forget how stunning the view was. Unfortunately I wasn't in the company of someone I can lounge around the room with - I was with a girlfriend and we both wanted to soak in the sun just steps outside of our hotel. The best W I have stayed in!!!
Although we had one sleepless night with the loud thumping music coming from the bar downstairs - we were on the 4th floor.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rita H
Brussels
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed at the W over the Christmas holiday. When we arrived the computer system was down but we were offered a drink to help us wait until it was back up again. The room was lovely with city views. The concierge was of good help find things to do considering that on dec 25/26 many things were closed in BCN. Breakfast was one of the highlights of our stay with a wonderful buffet and the perfect attention of Alex. Alex anticipated our every needs at breakfast and went out of his way making sure we enjoyed it fully (even bringing me a fresh pot of coffee to take to our room as they were closing the breakfast). In short, the hotel facilities are top notch as you would expect from a W, the hotel staff does make a difference and is clearly a step up from any other property in BCN (and I've tried them all, except the Mandarin). Nice job guys!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MexBel
WBarcelona, Hotel Manager at W Barcelona, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear MexBel,

I was a real pleasure to welcoming you during Christmas time. We are very pleased to note, from the review you have kindly share with other travellers, that you have enjoyed our services and facilities and that you found the breakfast one of the highlights of your stay. We are also most grateful to you for letting us know that also the hotel staff did make a difference. This sort of feedback is what powers the motivation of our teams! Thank you very much!

Should you decide to come back to Barcelona, W Team Members will be delighted to welcoming you back.
Yours sincerely,
Hotel Manager
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

I only stayed one night. I found out the shower and the toilet "areas?!" were impractical and unkindly to be used while a second person's presence. There is no enough privacy. Also thought that hallways were weirdly ugly.
We ordered two pizzas that were the worst I ever eat.
The breakfast area was very and very small for a hotel of that capacity, so you had to wait in line to get into... Worst at breakfast there were many dirty plates and glaces..
Whole hotel is crowded as a metro station.

• Stayed January 2013
WBarcelona, Hotel Manager at W Barcelona, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear MikoyanGuryevich,

I am terribly sorry to read that your stay at W Barcelona did not meet your expectations. I sincerely regret that you found the bathroom area impractical and the hallways ugly.

We have also taken good note of your comments regarding the pizzas you ordered at In-room Dinning, and the waiting time to get breakfast and I am very sorry for the inconveniences you experienced. Please be assured your comments together with the ones concerning the dirty plates and glaces have been forwarded to the Food & Beverage Manager so appropiate corrective actions can be taken immediately, as this is totally unacceptable.

With my reiterated apologies, and assuring you of my utmost care and attention, I remain.
Yours sincerely,

Hotel Manager
London
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed at a few Ws, but this one deserves 5 stars for a number of reasons. Rooms are spacious and incredibly designed. Large comfortable bed, cosy sofa by the window, elegant lighting system and open bathroom. Views are stunning, on both sides of the hotel and cocktails are refined. The bar on the top has a funny crowd, American tourists and Catalan wannabes, but the view is cool.

Location is not excellent for Barcelona, and prices very steep!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Excellent hotel, very well appointed, with good location for the beach, bars, shopping, and sight seeing. Rooms were excellent, everything you expect for a 5 star hotel, with amazing views of the harbour, and the ocean. All rooms have floor to ceiling windows so again it's a wow for the view. Food and drink was excellent, room service avail. Bar by the pool was excellent. On my last day here I stayed by the pool reading my kindle and taking in the sea view. Would I stay again?? Yes in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2012
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

A wonderful hotel, with immense views, great location, direct access to beach and easy transport to town.

Great service, friendly staff, amazing breakfast, makes you feel at home.

The rooms were spacious, clean, all amenities supplied, powerful shower, great products supplied, comfy!

• Stayed November 2012