We stayed at the MO as our first stop in Europe and the Hotel Arts/Ritz as our last stop. They are both very nice hotels, however I would definitely choose the Hotel Arts/Ritz as my preferred hotel for many reasons. The good is that MO offered excellent service upon arrival and we were assigned our own Butler who whisked us from the curbside into our room for check-in. The hotel location is close to Las Ramblas and shopping. The breakfast was wonderful, the bar had nice ambiance, the room service food was good and the hotel was not overcrowded.
The not so good is that our suite was supposedly double upgraded but I felt we may have been downgraded. I found the room to be very uncomfortable in many areas. The bathroom was terrible with sliding frosted glass doors next to the bed and we're still trying to figure out who other than a child could use the circular bathtub. The bathroom doors didn't close completely and even if they did, your travel partner will be suffering thru blinding light should you need to use the toilet in the night. We found the furnishings in general to be uncomfortable, the bathroom design not functional, the shower leaked thru the doors and there was some molding. The balcony was very small with no chairs and overlooked the parking area on the street. As far as the common areas of the hotel, for the most part everything appeared to be nice; however we were surprised at the extremely dirty carpets in the hallways and elevator.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona is an elegant, contemporary hotel in the heart of the avant-garde city's celebrated Passeig de Gracia. Located in a renovated mid-20th century building, this 120-room hotel, offers exceptional services and facilities including an award-winning spa, innovative dining at BistrEau by Angel Leon and two Michelin-starred dining by Carme Ruscalleda, within an exquisite interior created by world renowned Spanish designer Patricia Urquiola. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona Catalonia