Despite several calls and emails ahead of time with the concierge, nothing was arranged property for our arrival - only partial details were given for tickets we bought and so we ended up having to purchase twice. We were greeted on arrival by our "butler" - a morrocan lady who spent 5mins at the lift talking to some morrocan guests whilst we waited for her to show us to our room. She then told us how she was there to help with everything so we asked for a small bathrobe and a dinner reservation at the hotel for the next night. The next day we asked again for the bathrobe and enquired about our dinner reservation - robe never showed up and finally i called housekeeping who brought it immediately (2 requests to the butler and 1 to the conceirge who was going to remind the butler achieved nothing).....and the dinner reservation had just been forgotten and there were no tables left. Then we tried the spa - i requested a pedicure, they booked me in for their very expensive special pedicure......the guy cut my toe but tried to cover it over (10 days lady i still have a wound under my nail) and he filed my nails so they all broke and cracked the next day, without doubt the worst pedicure i have ever had. i have regular pedicures and my feet and nails are in good condition - when i saw my regular spa the following week they were shocked at what had been done. Interestingly when i arrived i was asked to fill out a form about this special pedicure and there was a section left to complete after the treatment to say whether or not it had met your expectations......i was never asked to complete this piece when mine was finished! We had the sunday brunch and breakfast - at both the food was poor and you had to wait ages for them to re-fill things. Expensive for the selection and quantity. Overall it was just incredibly disappointing for the price and not what i normally expect from a Mandarin Oriental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona is an elegant, contemporary hotel in the heart of the avant-garde city's celebrated Passeig de Gracia. Located in a renovated mid-20th century building, this 120-room hotel, offers exceptional services and facilities including an award-winning spa, innovative dining at BistrEau by Angel Leon and two Michelin-starred dining by Carme Ruscalleda, within an exquisite interior created by world renowned Spanish designer Patricia Urquiola. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Mandarin Oriental, Despegar.com, Jetsetter, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona Catalonia