Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona
Hotel Claris(Barcelona)
$230
$225
  • Pool
Casa Camper Hotel Barcelona(Barcelona)
$377
$278
$123
$114
  • Pool
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
$150
$476
RitzCarlton.com
  • Beachfront
1,520 results
All reviewsbankers barbutler servicemimosa gardenblanc restaurantamex platinumboulevard roomdipping poolgarden viewconcierge teamgreat spapasseig de graciasteam roomindoor poolluxury hotelbeautiful hotelgaudi buildingscasa batllo
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We like to stay with Mandarin Oriental hotels when traveling in Asia. Mandarin Oriental Barcelona is our first experience with the MO in Europe. The best thing about this hotel is the attentive professional staff team that treats every guest equally. As Asian traveler, I have experienced less than perfect service from luxurious hotel in Europe but Mandarin Oriental Barcelona staff are very professionally trained and well managed.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank organpipecoral
Reviewed September 18, 2012

there is no better hotel to stay in Barcelona than Mandarin oriental
very proffestional and freindly staff almost in all the hotel, except the concierge don't rely on them heavily.
Rooms are wonderful with lovely bathroom and shower. The hotel managment were very kind with us in our stay they automaticaly gave us a discount during our stay as we stayed in it for about 14 days.
Location is very good at the Passige de Gracia great shopping area not far from La Ramblas
just infront of gaudi building thing.

Room Tip: `deluxe terrace is just wonderful and great
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Located in the heart of Eixample, the Mandarin Oriental is a fantastic, luxury hotel.

The Mandarin is a perfect place to stay if you are interested in great restaurants, great shopping, and Gaudi architecture (Casa Batllo is just a skip from the hotel).

The service is top-notch. The rooms are average size, but very stylish. The bathrooms are SPA quality -- fantastic!

Blanc is a great restaurant -- we ate three meals here during our stay. The food is delicious, prepared flawlessly. Menu included a wide variety, but even the more pedestrian entrees were special -- the burgers came with fioe gras.

The Banker's bar is gorgeous. The decor is inventive, with stainless-steel safety-deposit-boxes lining the walls and ceiling, shiny keys sticking out of each lock). It's worth it to have a pre-dinner drink.

One hiccup -- our room was not ready when we arrived, so we chose to have lunch at Blanc. We ended up sitting in Blanc for more than 2 hours while they got our room ready. That said, they filled us with Reserve Cava, declicious food, beautiful truffles for dessert -- more Reserve Cava....all luxurious and worth it. The service was excellent.

Much of the meal was free since we had to wait so long -- so that was a nice gesture.

All in all -- one of the best hotels.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Charles S
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I always love Mandarin Oriental hotels but they are most spectacular in Asian countries. However this property did a respectable job living up to the Mandarin magic. We switched rooms after we saw our double room which had no bathtub. After the prompt switch to a lower floor room (which actually had nicer views of the Passeig de Gracia) we fell in love with the room with it's large tub (necessary for the long soaks after 5 hours of walking each day to see the city!). The rooftop "plunge" pool had a beautiful view of the city. The Bankers Bar was a nice spot for a cocktail to start the evening. We also enjoyed the outdoor courtyard bistro for a late lunch. The pictures are worth at least a thousand words.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a street view and not too high up. There is construction next door which could make the rooms with balconies facing the courtyard not as relaxing as they could be.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I was planning my partners 50th b'day and wanted to stay somewhere really special....i spent ages reading reviews on Trip Advisor and despite reading mixed reviews i decided on Mandarin Oriental. My logic was that people who wrote bad reviews generally moan about the smallest of things......i wish i had listened.

Ok so lets start with the positives nice location, rooms although a little small for the price they are well appointed, concierge lovely, service from maids and porters is great!

Negatives- told the hotel it was my partners 50th and they said they would make it really special- we arrived and checked in and received no drink and were definitely not made to feel special. Everything is ridiculously expensive so only stay here if you have bottomless pockets of money to spend.
Noise next door is a pain when sitting on balcony or indeed on rooftop- not normally fussy but when you pay such a lot for these nice hotel features it does make you think twice about whether its worth it when everything is so noisy and dusty!!

The WORST thing this hotel is guilty of is not making guests aware of their ludicrous policy to take not only the money for hotel room but also an additional 200 euros per night!! I returned to UK to find my bank account empty, i was told of this policy after i phoned them to query why all my money in my bank had gone. I was repeatedly told it was hotel policy and i would get the money back within 1-2 weeks- not good enough!!! Had i been made aware of this before i would have stayed elsewhere. I have stayed in many top hotels and never had an issue like this before, normally having your credit card details is enough!!

In my opinion the hotel could be better and i do not think it was worth what i paid for, we passed many other hotels in Barcalona which looked equally nice but for half the price. I have been left with a bitter taste in my mouth and not been offered an apology or any compensation despite the hotel making interest on my money- meanwhile i am living off money borrowed!!!!

READ THESE REVIEWS- I WISH I HAD