“A pleasant stay.”

Ranked #143 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“A pleasant stay.”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed four nights from October 15th until October 19th 2012 in hotel Hesperia Ramblas in Barcelona. We chose this hotel because of its central location close to the Ramblas, metrostation Licieu and Placa Catalunya.

How did we travel by public transport from the airport Barcelona El Prat to the hotel?
We travelled with airline Transavia.com and arrived at terminal 2. Outside the terminal building, we took the so called 'Aerobus' to Placa Catalunya. We paid € 5.75 for a single ticket. A return ticket is valid for 9 days and costs €9.95. We got off at the Placa Catalunya and from here we walked via the Ramblas to Carrer Hospital. Our recognizing point for reaching the hotel during the week was the 'dragon with the umbrella' on one of the buildings on the Ramblas and the art of Joan Miro on the ground (meeting point). From this point we crossed the street to reach the hotel.

Room 307 We were given a twin bedded room on the 3rd floor. The room and bathroom were very clean. On the first night we smelled fire, but the fire alarm wasn't working. Then we heard the loud sounds of the fire brigade. We looked outside the window and there was a huge fire flame in one of the dustbins downstairs. There was no panic and the firemen put out the flames within five minutes.

Breakfast on the ground floor:
The breakfast buffet is from 6.30 am until 10.30 am. We only used breakfast twice.

Internet: During check in, we recieved a code for free internet in our room. In the lobby were two computers which we could use for free if we wanted to print our boarding passes.
Return to the airport:
There are two separate queues at Placa Cataluyna. One for the Aerobus (A1) to Terminal 1 (T1) and one for the Aerobus (A2) to Terminal 2 (T2).

We had a pleasant stay in Hesperia Ramblas!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank angelique132

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Greek first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Staten Island, New York, USA
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stayed here 2 days prior to and 1 day after a cruise. Hotel was very clean, people who worked there were very helpful. The breakfast was good, although overpriced. Location was right off Las Ramblas, however a few blocks down, the area was a little sketchy. There was a doorbell to enter the hotel, and only hotel guests could enter which gave a nice sense of security.
Loved the little shampoos and stuff they gave us, even a toothbrush and toothpaste.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed December 14, 2012

the hotel is very nice, we were in a room on the top floor. convenient. the only downside was a problem we had with the night receptionist, was blond and skinny, was sleeping in a room near the reception and when we arrived at the hote the policel alerted him, he treated us badly, looked angry. otherwise everything perfect

Room Tip: Top floor.
1 Thank Kim S
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Stayed here when I couldn't get into Hotel Curious where I have previously stayed. As others have said, good location and for similar price as Hotel Curious, a much better room. This appears to be a relatively new hotel and was clean and functional. However it is pretty impersonal. Could not be closer to the great covered food market. Breakfast was fine but only worth having if you like a large breakfast - otherwise much cheaper elsewhere.

This street is close to the border of what looks like the seedier area of Las Ramblas. Gotico, on the other(northern) side of Las Ramblas much brighter and more upmarket. I made the mistake on my first evening of going for a walk two blocks away towards the port and found myself in a street with a number of women interested in me as a business proposition. A young man tried to pick my pocket and was very embarrassed to find he was attempting to acquire a Spanish phrasebook! Daytime was absolutely fine but I would keep to the north side of las Ramblas after 8pm. Sad as there are some fine bars in the area which I did visit but after my first night I was cautious about when and where I went.

This may explain why it is great value in terms of what the hotel provides. I would stay here as again as there is a real buzz being so close to the better parts of Las Ramblas.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank easytraveller63
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This hotel was RIGHT off of the most popular street in Barcelona, La Rambla-- but, I guess you could have guessed that from the name! We had to buzz into the hotel every time we wanted to get in for "safety reasons". However, more often than not, there wasn't anyone at the desk to monitor/see who was coming in. So much for the safety precaution, huh?

The area itself did not feel safe at night. We were constantly approached by people trying to sell us something or to come dine in their restaurant when we were just trying to get back to the hotel.

The room was okay. My husband and I were staying here and had not one, not two, but three twin size beds. They had pushed two beds together for us (thanks?). It was kind of annoying, but whatever...we used it as a place to sleep and keep our stuff. If you're looking for an inexpensive hotel that is very simple and near the subway, this is a fair place. Definitely not romantic or relaxing.

Georgetown, Texas, United States
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Booked this hotel cautious due to previous reviews but started having issues immediately. We we got to the door, we had to be buzzed in and the front desk clerk said it was because of the "crime elements in the area!"

The room was small but clean. We found out we could not turn on the air conditioner or eventhe fan as they had "master switched them off!' The humidity and warm day caused us to open the window, but the location of the hotel makes it rare to get a breeze!

The noise level was exceptionally high. Because of the neighboring buildings all sounds bounce up the walls and make it a speaker-so to speak. We could hear any sound above a load talk as though it were in our room! When I asked the evening clerk to move us to a quiet room, she had no such authority and told us to speak to the manager in the morning.

When I told the manager the noise problem he said he could not move me and that "There has Never been a complaint about the noise as the windows are double-paned!" I felt that he was accusing me of lying. He would not move us as ALL ROOMS FACE SUCE WALLS AND STREETS!

I would not tell my worst enemy to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay Away os all I can advise
1 Thank JohnM602
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Great location, near Las Ramblas. La Boqueria and Liceu Station. The wifi works in the room with good velocity. The room is clean and good size, also the bathroom. The breakfast wasn't included, but this isn't problem because the hotel is near La Boqueria Market and this place is the best to eat a breakfast in Barcelona

1 Thank Ricardo W