My boyfriend and I stayed four nights from October 15th until October 19th 2012 in hotel Hesperia Ramblas in Barcelona. We chose this hotel because of its central location close to the Ramblas, metrostation Licieu and Placa Catalunya.
How did we travel by public transport from the airport Barcelona El Prat to the hotel?
We travelled with airline Transavia.com and arrived at terminal 2. Outside the terminal building, we took the so called 'Aerobus' to Placa Catalunya. We paid € 5.75 for a single ticket. A return ticket is valid for 9 days and costs €9.95. We got off at the Placa Catalunya and from here we walked via the Ramblas to Carrer Hospital. Our recognizing point for reaching the hotel during the week was the 'dragon with the umbrella' on one of the buildings on the Ramblas and the art of Joan Miro on the ground (meeting point). From this point we crossed the street to reach the hotel.
Room 307 We were given a twin bedded room on the 3rd floor. The room and bathroom were very clean. On the first night we smelled fire, but the fire alarm wasn't working. Then we heard the loud sounds of the fire brigade. We looked outside the window and there was a huge fire flame in one of the dustbins downstairs. There was no panic and the firemen put out the flames within five minutes.
Breakfast on the ground floor:
The breakfast buffet is from 6.30 am until 10.30 am. We only used breakfast twice.
Internet: During check in, we recieved a code for free internet in our room. In the lobby were two computers which we could use for free if we wanted to print our boarding passes.
Return to the airport:
There are two separate queues at Placa Cataluyna. One for the Aerobus (A1) to Terminal 1 (T1) and one for the Aerobus (A2) to Terminal 2 (T2).
We had a pleasant stay in Hesperia Ramblas!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The NH Barcelona Ramblas hotel, formerly known as Hesperia Ramblas, is a stylish, contemporary building in the historic center of Barcelona, just footsteps from Las Ramblas, the city’s most famous street. Barcelona’s best shops, markets, restaurants, galleries and museums are within easy walking distance. Plus, it’s really close to a metro station, with good links to the airport and local trade fair centers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with NHHotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your NH Barcelona Ramblas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hesperia Ramblas Barcelona
- NH Barcelona Ramblas Catalonia