“Be Careful with your Reservation”

Cosmo Apartments Sants
Ranked #98 of 736 Specialty Lodging in Barcelona
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Unless you need to be near the Rambla (or some other place) this is an ideal location – 5 minutes from the train station, the metro (subway) and buses such as the sightseeing buses. There are all kinds of restaurants and food stores within walking distance. We got there on on Sunday and there were some convenience stores open so we could stock up on supplies.

But I really want to tell you what happened with our reservations. We made the reservations for a Saturday even though we would only be arriving Sunday morning from a cruise. We wanted to be sure we could check-in as soon as we got there. We were two couples so the reservation was for a 2-bedroom apartment for 6 nights in June of 2013.

We got off the ship real early and we were at the apartment about 8:30 am. When we checked-in the guy said there was a “little problem” - it turns out the only apartment he had ready was one where there was only one bed in the second bedroom and the fourth person would have to sleep on the couch in the living room – not exactly what we had in mind when we reserved a 2-bedroom apartment.

He did have a 2-bedroom apartment, with a 'real' second bedroom, but the people had just checked out and it had to be cleaned. So he stored the luggage for us and we went for a walk to the train station to look around. When we came back the apartment was still not ready so we waited in the lobby for another half hour and then we were able to get in the apartment about 10 am.

I did not make a fuss at the time because I was mainly concerned with getting in the apartment as soon as possible and I didn't want to complicate matters by having a big dispute, who knows where that can lead to!

When I got home I sent an e-mail to Just Style Apartament and suggested since they had rented the apartment twice that first night they owed me some money. To my surprise they got back to me right away, but they said I my reservation was for 4-people and that's what they had ready for me – an apartment which slept four people. Well, then why did they say there was a 'little problem”, and the guy did not say this is what we had reserved.

I told them I was going to write a review of this and here it is. I would suggest that you be very specific about what you reserve with them so they can't get out of it with a technicality. It would have been nice if they had owned up to their 'mistake'. It's not really about the money – this was a 5-week vacation in Europe and one night in Barcelona gets lost in the rounding :-).

A couple of other comments. I asked about a public laundry and the lady at the desk said there is no laundry in all of Barcelona. I thought this was strange – they do have laundry service but at prices you might as well buy new clothes. Anyway, I decided to try again the next day when another person was at the desk. To my surprise he had a hand-out with directions to a laundry – they do have them! It's about 10 – 15 minute walk, so it's not too close but the price was right!

They bring new towels and empty the trash every day, but this is all the service you get. We expected this and had no problem with it. They give you one capsule for the dishwasher, I guess so you can do the dishes when you leave. It would be nice to have one for each day so you can do the dishes every day. It would beat trying to find this in the stores.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TinMan96
XavierBessa, Director Comercial at Cosmo Apartments Sants, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Dear Sir.

First of all thank you for coming to Just Style Apartments and for spend some time in this review..
About the "problem" that you had the first day I inform you, as we told you at you, your apartment was not sold twice. The apartment that you had assigned since the day before was the one that was ready at your arrival, we have apartments with one double room, one single and a sofa bed in the living room (up to 5 people) and apartments with 2 double rooms and a sofa bed in the living (up to 6 people) as your reservation was for 4 people and you didn't ask for 2 doubles we gave that one to you, we always try to satisfy the requests of our guests if we can. The apartment was not resold because it was ready at you arrival, the "problem" as you say is that at your arrival you preferred the apartment with 2 double rooms, we understand that, so we gave you the option of waiting for the room that you preferred, of course was not ready at that time because was not your apartment.
By the way I hope that you understand the explanation and we hope to welcome you back in Just Style Apartments, next time just tell us what you prefer.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Went toBarcelona for the football match on Friday 2 August and stayed at the Just style apartments, have to say it is the perfect location for walking to the camp nou, 3o minutes max and an easy stroll at that. In terms of the room, it was in perfect condition and looked very smart. Reception was excellent, quick easy and friendly. Location for me was first class, right across from a main line station.
Very good indeed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Xavier B, Director Comercial at Cosmo Apartments Sants, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear cmcgregor9,

Thank you very much for your review.
When guest are like you everithing is easy.
We hope see you soon.
Foça Barça!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Myself and a friend stayed here for a couple of nights on a recent trip to Barcelona. Location was excellent, yards away from the Estacion Sants. Staff were helpful, and I felt went the extra mile to help our break go smoothly. The room itself was modern, comfortable and all of the facilities worked as advertised. I would definitely stay here again if I return to the city.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Graeme C,

Thank you very much for your review.
Thanks for explaining the truth status at Just Style Apartments.
How you said, everything is as advertised.
Hope see you soon.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

This hotel is on nice place, but to expenciv. In the room when you try at night to go in toilet you must over the bed or over sombady becouse my son sleep in extra bed and who sleeping next to balcony is blocked. One day I ask to clean under they told me that is 15eur or clean for yourself. This hotel is close to train station and to music fountain. We was 6 days but in the hotel we spent minimum time and relise that we pay tooooo much.

Room Tip: take hanging floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear,

You has been confused. We are not a Hotel we are a tourist apartments.
I am sure when you book the apartment you accept prices. I suppose the price for four people not seemed expensive. As you should know cleaning service is an extra and it is not 15 € is 35 €. You booked a "loft apartment" and that is why your son slept on the sofa bed. You could have booked a two bedroom apartment for just 20 €.
I'm sure in a hotel for four people would have cost twice as you paid in the apartments Just Style.

Hope see you soon.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I booked 2 apartments through booking.com. We had 2 bed apartments. I asked for all singles as we were a hen party. They kindly made up the double into 2 singles. The twin was as described. The lounge area was spacious. It even had a dishwasher! The sofa bed was very large and comfy. The overall style is modern and very attractive. We had a large balcony.

The location is perfect - by the main station. There was no noise thankfully. The station always had taxis outside which was very handy when we wanted to use one! The price was excellent and extremely good value for money.

Can't say a bad thing about this place - will certainly be returning :) Thanks for such a great time!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank zanda18
Xavier B, Director Comercial at Cosmo Apartments Sants, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear Zanda18,

It was a pleasure.
Please advice us for the next party.

See you soon.
Best.
Xavier Bessa
Dir. Comercial Just Style.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

It is very convenient for those arrived by train into Barcelona. It is just right opposite the Barcelona Sants Station. Exit from Mcdonald side, you will see it.

We stayed at 2 bedrooms apartment, it comes with a double bed + 2 single beds.
The kitchen was well equipped, good for family travel with kids.

There are few restaurants at surrounding area.
In Barcelona, must try the Tapas (popular street food, served in small plate ) & Cava Sangria (a drink like cocktail). Very delicious with good price. Especially the restaurant next to the apartment (no need to walk across the street).

From Barcelona Sants station (Metro called it Sants Estacio), take Metro Line 3 (green col), you will reach Catalunya within 6 stops. Passeig De Gracia just another stop away. In fact, you can walk from catalunya to Passeig De Gracia, it is all linked together.

If you are heading to Sagrada Familia, from Sants Estacio, take Line 5 (Blue col), you will reach there within 5 stops.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Samwong,

Thank you very much for your comment.
It is a pleasure to know that your particular instance with us has been satisfactory.
We look forward to her return.
Thank you for information about transport means in the city.

Commercial Dir Just Style

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Four old friends met up for a girls weekend in Barcelona. The apartment was very spacious with a bedroom with two singles and a large bedroom with a double bed, which was in fact two large singles together. The kitchen was well equipped, it was clean and surprisingly quiet bearing in mind that it was just beside Sants Station. The apartment is near the main train station, metro stops and buses. There is also a lot of Green Zone parking nearby where you can park for free from Friday 8pm until 9am Monday morning.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Xavier B, Director Comercial at Cosmo Apartments Sants, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Louise P,

Thank you very much for your opinion.
Is always a pleasure to have four beautiful women in our apartments. It gives up us Cache.
We are glad that your stay was to your liking and hopefully meet you again soon at Just Style aprtaments.

Xavier Bessa.