Unless you need to be near the Rambla (or some other place) this is an ideal location – 5 minutes from the train station, the metro (subway) and buses such as the sightseeing buses. There are all kinds of restaurants and food stores within walking distance. We got there on on Sunday and there were some convenience stores open so we could stock up on supplies.
But I really want to tell you what happened with our reservations. We made the reservations for a Saturday even though we would only be arriving Sunday morning from a cruise. We wanted to be sure we could check-in as soon as we got there. We were two couples so the reservation was for a 2-bedroom apartment for 6 nights in June of 2013.
We got off the ship real early and we were at the apartment about 8:30 am. When we checked-in the guy said there was a “little problem” - it turns out the only apartment he had ready was one where there was only one bed in the second bedroom and the fourth person would have to sleep on the couch in the living room – not exactly what we had in mind when we reserved a 2-bedroom apartment.
He did have a 2-bedroom apartment, with a 'real' second bedroom, but the people had just checked out and it had to be cleaned. So he stored the luggage for us and we went for a walk to the train station to look around. When we came back the apartment was still not ready so we waited in the lobby for another half hour and then we were able to get in the apartment about 10 am.
I did not make a fuss at the time because I was mainly concerned with getting in the apartment as soon as possible and I didn't want to complicate matters by having a big dispute, who knows where that can lead to!
When I got home I sent an e-mail to Just Style Apartament and suggested since they had rented the apartment twice that first night they owed me some money. To my surprise they got back to me right away, but they said I my reservation was for 4-people and that's what they had ready for me – an apartment which slept four people. Well, then why did they say there was a 'little problem”, and the guy did not say this is what we had reserved.
I told them I was going to write a review of this and here it is. I would suggest that you be very specific about what you reserve with them so they can't get out of it with a technicality. It would have been nice if they had owned up to their 'mistake'. It's not really about the money – this was a 5-week vacation in Europe and one night in Barcelona gets lost in the rounding :-).
A couple of other comments. I asked about a public laundry and the lady at the desk said there is no laundry in all of Barcelona. I thought this was strange – they do have laundry service but at prices you might as well buy new clothes. Anyway, I decided to try again the next day when another person was at the desk. To my surprise he had a hand-out with directions to a laundry – they do have them! It's about 10 – 15 minute walk, so it's not too close but the price was right!
They bring new towels and empty the trash every day, but this is all the service you get. We expected this and had no problem with it. They give you one capsule for the dishwasher, I guess so you can do the dishes when you leave. It would be nice to have one for each day so you can do the dishes every day. It would beat trying to find this in the stores.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cosmo Apartments Sants, luxury Apartments in Barcelona, a place where you can enjoy of spacious and comfortable rooms just about 30 metres from Sants Train Station and 5 minutes from Placa Espanya, the Fira of Barcelona fairgrounds and all the well known touristic sites. With cleaning service, 24hr check-in and front desk, a car parking directly connected to the apartments, interactive television, ADSL, Wi-Fi free, and personalized guided tours and services.When you travel, when you visit a city for business, with your family or just go out because you are interested in cultural issues, you want to feel as you were at home. That means at all times: when leaving your quaters, coming back for resting or getting back in the apartment at the end of the day. That means having more than just the essential services, having those extras that simply tickle your fancy ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Cosmo Apartments Sants reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Just Style Apartaments Hotel Barcelona
- Cosmo Apartments Sants Barcelona, Catalonia