Fabulous, very cool, serviced apartments in one of the best streets of the city. We took 2 adjacent apartments for New Year 2010 and they suited our needs perfectly. Don't expect to cook gourmet meals in the kitchens but they are ideal for a few days' stay and have dishwasher, Nespresso machine and wine fridge. There is also a washer/dryer with iron etc and a hairdryer in the excellent bathroom. Good flat-screen TVs but no DVD player which seemed odd in accommodation of this quality.
There is a fitness area, a panoramic roof terrace with loungers and a small, sheltered pool again with loungers which we imagined would be a real oasis in the summer months.
If you want to be picky, soundproofing not perfect - you could hear upstairs toilet/bath water and considerate guests should use the slippers provided on the wooden/slate floors! We had a slight issue with an internal(electric) blind not closing and light coming in from the central atrium which they seemed unable to fix but all other small matters were sorted immediately.
Great combination of the space given by an apartment and hotel service (ie daily cleaning etc.)
Would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Suites Avenue, inaugurated in spring of 2009, is a new option for accommodations in Barcelona, directly opposite Gaudí's La Pedrera.These luxury tourist apartments are ideal for medium- to long-term stays and designed especially for family holidays and business trips.Located in the Eixample neighbourhood right on Barcelona's Passeig de Gràcia occupies a recently built avant-garde building with a spectacular stainless steel façade designed by Japanese architect Toyo Ito. It is a building that draws the attention of Barcelona residents and tourists alike, and it has become an architectural icon.Suites Avenue has independent apartments of 45 to 86 m2, with one or two luxury bedrooms, independent kitchen, sitting-dining room and shared services like two outdoor swimming pool, a solarium, a communal terrace with views looking over Passeig de Gràcia, a gym, a sauna and a museum with original Hindu and Buddhist pieces on display.ServicesLuxury apartments equipped with all electrical appliances, furniture and utensils in the following categories: 6 superior, 12 superior Pedrera View, 15 deluxe, 6 deluxe Pedrera view, 2 Pedrera penthouse24-hour reception serviceWi-Fi in all areas2 outdoor swimming pool and solariumGym and saunaMassages on request Business centerHindu and Buddhist museumMini barBreakfast serviceParkingCleaning serviceLaundry and ironing serviceSmall dogs allowedShould you require anything further, or find you have time on your hands that you would like to spend doing something original and unique, please let us know. The concierge will provide assistance to make your stay in Barcelona a success. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Derby Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Suites Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suites Avenue Hotel Barcelona
- Suites Avenue Barcelona, Catalonia