“Excellent apartments in downtown Barcelona”
Review of Suites Avenue

Suites Avenue
Ranked #12 of 723 Specialty Lodging in Barcelona
Sewell, New Jersey
“Excellent apartments in downtown Barcelona”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We just spent 6 nights in Suites Avenue. The apartment is outstanding. We were extremely pleased with the location and the conveniences within the apartment. It was like having a home away from home. The front desk staff is outstanding. Cristina was extremely helpful and went out of her way to make our stay great. We didn't get the name of the other front desk staff including the concierge, but they were extremely pleasant and always willing to help. We would love to go back.

1 Thank bsukumaran
DireccionDerbyHotels, Director de Recepción at Suites Avenue, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to complete the online review of Suites Avenue after your recent stay.

It goes without saying that we were genuinely delighted to read all the nice things you said about it and specially about Cristina and the rest of the staff.

Perhaps we will have the privilege of welcoming you back in the not too distant future and with that in mind, if we can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Alberto Ranz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Stayed last week in November just as city was preparing for Christmas perfectly situated for visiting all the main shopping areas most within walking distance. Could not find fault with apartment well set out lovely views from roof terrace. Staff very helpful on our arrival also recommended a nice venue for lunch whilst our apartment was made ready.
Again one of the best apartments we have stayed in view to rear nothing great though, great base to set you up for visiting all that's Barcelona will definitely return if visiting Barcelona again
Taxi rank just outside if needed as was underground

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stayed first week in December, a great time to visit - streets lit up with Christmas lights, Christmas markets, shop displays all set up for Christmas and town centre has lots going on.

Hotel, the best hotel I've ever stayed in! Everything you possible want or need is available, the hotel staff are very helpful and will give you directions if you need them. You cant miss the hotel, look at the picture and you will see what i mean. The metro is underground, i was on the 5 floor and I'm a light sleeper and it didn't keep me awake. The family room is big enough for 3 people, but if your a tall person I'd recommend sleeping on the sofa bed as the second bed is only a small single which was fine for me. The bedrooms are separated but a sliding door, which is only a problem if the other people in the other bedroom snore! Lol cause you can hear them! There is two bathrooms one with a shower and one with a bath ( which is in the main bedroom)

Street quieter main Street in Barcelona but very easy to get to! Most things in walking distance or a small taxi ride away ( for those whose are less fit)

Taxi rank right outside and shoppers paradise ( would even better if your rich or have just won the lottery lol and can afford to buy in the expensive shops! ) there is cheaper shopping available those on a smaller budget like me.

There is no food available in the hotel however this is not a problem, there is plenty of places to buy food or go into to eat. Even for the fussy people like me, restaurants and bars will go there best to help you order your food and explain what things are in English. Very helpful people!

Chocolate heaven, there is plenty around Barcelona!!!

The main problem in Barcelona is there is too many places to go and see, so go for as long as possible! I went for 4 days and still didn't see half of it! Defo will be going back. Especially to revisit the camp now, missed the opening of the new store :-(

West Hollywood, CA
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We are currently staying at this resort on the sixth floor. I will begin by saying that my partner and I typically stay at 5 star resorts and live in a very luxurious home in Los Angeles. We have very high standards. That being said, I know that I did not spend 5 star prices to stay at this "hotel". However I did pay 4 star prices, and it does not live up to that. We decided to book the apartment at Suites Avenue because we are here for an extended holiday and wanted space. Also, being that it is winter, we didnt want to stay near the beach. I booked the apartment through a third party site - Avanmare (sp?), and paid about 15% more than the rate if you book through the hotel directly (didnt realize this was a hotel of sorts, it was sold as a private rental property).
First the good news about the property......As it turned out, I was very glad it was a "hotel" of sorts. The staff is very helpful and has given us amazing tips to enjoy the city. They arranged all sorts of things for us including a Vespa rental and dinner reservations. The location of Suites Ave is TOPS. It is outside of the most touristy areas but still in walking distance to all of the main sites, great dining, and amazing shopping. The bathrooms are very large and well appointed and the kitchens are very useful and well done. Great views of Casa Milla.
With all of those great things in mind, I want to warn you that this is not a luxury property. The apartments are sparse and furnished with cheap uncomfortable furniture. Odd, because the floors and bathrooms are so nice. There are no blankets at all anywhere and the sheets are cheap and itchy. The bed is not great, but I could be a lot happier with it if the pillows and linens were at least of average quality. I am also suggesting that there be some sort of music in the apartments - either a radio, a stereo or even an alarm clock that we could play music on. It is VERY quiet in here and there is only so much BBC one can watch. Also the nice bathrooms....they leak all over the place. The maids do not clean they only make your beds and take out trash.
All that said, I have been questioning if I made the right choice in staying at Suites Ave. I looked all over and I found two other locations in Gracia that seem more luxurious. We visited one of them last night - the Mandrin. It is cheesy and crowded and the staff was terrible and views are not as good. Cannot speak for the rooms but maybe I did make the right choice. I have not visited the other location yet (hotel Majestic) but I suggest looking into it if you want a more luxury experience.
in summary, I am happy with the staff and location of Suites Avenue - otherwise, this is a poor choice for those used to a 5 or even a 4 star experience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jennifer L
Brazil
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic hotel... Really a design one. Very good rooms with everything you need, including a kitchen. Just in front of La Pedrera... I loved it! Not including the breakfast is not a problem, it is an opportunity for you to discover an uncou table number of bars and restaurants in the surroudings..

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Great location: Right amidst shoppers paradise (not that I buy from those labels much); we were just upstairs from Boss & Zegna. Prada just across the road, as with many other premium labels!

Service: Very helpful staff, Generally great, no complains at all. Room were kept clean (even though we don't leave the room each day till 12NN).

Rooms: We were very lucky as I think we were there at the low season. We were given a room, with a huge balcony! Kitchen well kit-ted out with Washing machine, dishwasher, Combo Micro & conventional ovens, cutlery, plates etc. Only complaint, the sitting room was too big for the television ; )

Overall, very happy with our stay and will definitely try and book this one again when we come back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael-HKG
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We had alovely time in Barcelona, suites avenue was beautiful choose an apartment as my husband and myself took our daughter who is a big barcelona fc fan. All of the staff were kind and friendly the reception people so helpful. Had no problem finding restaurants, my daughter is fussy eater, all the restauants we used were friendly and helpful and not overpriced considering the location.
And the shopping what can I say , brilliant. thank you everyone at suites avenue. We willbe back