Suites Avenue is a Derby hotel, focus is Spain, UK, France. The location in Barcelona is fabulous, a short walk to The Born and Old Town. Bike rentals around the corner. Eat on gorgeous Calle Catalunya one blosk over and skip the restaurants on P de Gracia.
The apt. I rented was sleek, really well designed, high-end, floor to ceiling windows in bedroom and livingroom (with black-out drop shades). Kitchen was well equipped and modern, including dishwasher and a wine cooler. Bathroom was grey slate and milk-glass partitions, large tub and shower. (only pause is lighting in bathroom is a little insufficient). Splurge on the rooms with full terrace in front of building. Views of Barcelona were memorable.
Housekeeping was unobtrusive and efficient, although you are on your own for cleaning what is used in the kitchen area. Rooms are three per side and have a door that closes to off to public areas in the evening and muffle the elevator noise. Like I said, very intelligent design.
Rooftop is awesome space and great for pre-dinner drinks. (BYO) Small soaking pool with waterfall, great views. No F&B service to speak of, these are apartments, does not feel like a hotel. Gym advertised is overlooked by most, it is three pieces of equipment and way too public a space for a real workout. The artwork is very zen and compliments the space nicely.
Lobby is small and busy. The desk people singular at all times, a one man band. So, be prepared to wait if they are busy, there are frequent bottlenecks with people vying for their attention. They are pleasantly efficient and will attempt to help with requests and are impressively multi-lingual. Hotel is perfectly located. Will stay here again and again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Suites Avenue, inaugurated in spring of 2009, is a new option for accommodations in Barcelona, directly opposite Gaudí's La Pedrera.These luxury tourist apartments are ideal for medium- to long-term stays and designed especially for family holidays and business trips.Located in the Eixample neighbourhood right on Barcelona's Passeig de Gràcia occupies a recently built avant-garde building with a spectacular stainless steel façade designed by Japanese architect Toyo Ito. It is a building that draws the attention of Barcelona residents and tourists alike, and it has become an architectural icon.Suites Avenue has independent apartments of 45 to 86 m2, with one or two luxury bedrooms, independent kitchen, sitting-dining room and shared services like two outdoor swimming pool, a solarium, a communal terrace with views looking over Passeig de Gràcia, a gym, a sauna and a museum with original Hindu and Buddhist pieces on display.ServicesLuxury apartments equipped with all electrical appliances, furniture and utensils in the following categories: 6 superior, 12 superior Pedrera View, 15 deluxe, 6 deluxe Pedrera view, 2 Pedrera penthouse24-hour reception serviceWi-Fi in all areas2 outdoor swimming pool and solariumGym and saunaMassages on request Business centerHindu and Buddhist museumMini barBreakfast serviceParkingCleaning serviceLaundry and ironing serviceSmall dogs allowedShould you require anything further, or find you have time on your hands that you would like to spend doing something original and unique, please let us know. The concierge will provide assistance to make your stay in Barcelona a success. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Derby Hotels, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Suites Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suites Avenue Hotel Barcelona
- Suites Avenue Barcelona, Catalonia